It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor Obama bashers, the humanity!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Sane people will never vote for a trained killer. If I could choose between a trained killer and a teacher, I would choose for the teacher.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curious_Agnostic
The Obama bashers know that they're losing. That's why they attack him on issues that aren't important. That's why they make up outrageous lies. It's an obvious sign of desperation, and it stinks. But then again, we should expect that in big elections, it seems to be the norm. The losing side always starts crying.

Just a curiosity here... Why would you say that issues aren't important? Apparently they are, lest folks wouldn't go after them.

I'm not pro McCain, but I'm certainly not pro Obama, either. McCain was a warrior, and you can't take that away from him. However... Presidential material? Mmmm... Probably not.

On the other hand, we have Obama, who is, essentially, as stated elsewhere here, a tyro with no experience. He jumps ship everytime someone writes something or says something against his "stated" platform.

Nah... The Presidency is gonna be in for a rough ride this time. Neither front running candidate is much of a winner. One crotchety old Dude and a camera favorable dilettante. It's kind of like, "What do you want for breakfast? Turnip Greens or Cold boiled broccoli"?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Obama may be a flip flopper, but he is no killer. Most MCcain supporters are trying to scare us with what Obama "might do", I will remind them what MCcain did. MCcain killed. He is a trained killer, he is a legal criminal, he has blood on his hands, you can't do that to humanity That is why I can never vote for a man like him. Sane people will never vote for a trained killer.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nxcbfm
Sane people will never vote for a trained killer. If I could choose between a trained killer and a teacher, I would choose for the teacher.

I just have a feeling you would be a big Jessie Ventura fan. Being he is a Navy Seal, I would like to know your feelings about him. Would Jessie Ventura be a good leader?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
I've heard allot of racist remarks mostly from older people. They despise a black man running for president and I suspect allot of the personal attackers secretly fall in to that racist camp, but are afraid to admit the truth and look like fools so they make up whatever they can.

I don't think it's been said in this thread, but it's certainly been said before and it's an important factor, in my opinion. I'm convinced that some people may not even be aware that it's Obama's race that bothers them so much (while others are clearly aware of it). That's why they go after his alleged religion, his birth certificate, his alleged "Messiah" powers, his experience, his family, his wife, his "celebrity" status... All unfounded and unimportant. They're not willing to address their own feelings of racism and superiority.

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Celebrities can do both good and bad in government, but it has nothing to do with whether or not they are celebrities, does it?

And that is the fallacy in John McCain's recent ad and the idea that because Obama is popular and loved that he is necessarily a BAD prospect for president. It's NOT AT ALL true. In fact, it's a VERY Good Thing that he has the admiration and respect of the people of the world. That popularity is actually an advantage considering how much people hate our country because of George Bush.

Does it necessarily mean he'll be a good president? No. Nor a bad one. There's no connection. People are smart enough to see that. It's just that people who already hate him, the Obama Bashers, seize on it like it's important. Like it matters... Sad, that.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I'm hopeful Senator Obama will be a better president then the moron we have in there now. How in the heck anyone could have voted for that arrogant, smirky, lying piece of poop I will never know.

That movie trailer didn't surprise me and is only probably going to delve into the tip of the GWB persona.

I have a couple e-mails from Senator Obama before he started his Presidential Campaign and he came off to me at least as pretty straight forward, honest, intellegent and decent - qualities that GWB never had.

Good Book, "Where Have All The Leaders Gone" by Lee Iacocoa should be on every American's "to read list".

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nxcbfm

What kind of liberal are you, a trained killer? You must be so anit-war, you wont even read a history book. You do not know what war is, you dont know what killing is either. War is nessesary for peace.

You think you can get along with every human on earth, I bet if a conservative pissed you off enough, you would hit him. That would be war like and hypocritical on your part.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I've favored Obama over all candidates (yes even Ron Paul) since 2006, and was pleasantly surprised when he actually won the nomination, which I thought would be impossible.

Why do I like Obama so much? The main reason is that he's actually LIBERAL! That is very important to me. He's been going to the center lately in order to win the election, which is sadly something that one has to do these days, but he is leftist through and through and his record shows that. I think it's hilarious when conservatives call him Marxist or Communist, because here I am thinking, "If only..."

The other reasons I love Obama? He is a charismatic candidate, which means he actually has a chance of winning. I don't cringe when I watch him speak, like I've been doing the past 7 years with Bush. And yes, you know, charisma is important. I hate Ronald Reagan, but goddamn if he ain't fun to watch. It goes a long way for a presidential candidate. Ask Al Gore.

And finally, at the bottom of the list for why I'm 100% behind Obama. Here it comes...he's black. I shouldn't say it's a REASON, but it's a definite plus. No one should ever support someone based on race or gender alone. But it would be an amazing and important first for this country if Obama won, and that makes the package even more appealing. But like I said, all the other reasons come first, and I certainly won't call someone a racist for not supporting him (unless that's the reason).

I'm so happy that there's finally a Democrat that has a chance of WINNING! I've only been able to vote since 2000, so my team hasn't won yet. I would definitely not say that it's a sure thing that Obama will win, but it's looking good at this point, and McCain is definitely not the best candidate the GOP could have. McCain is their Kerry. But remember, it was looking good for Kerry in summer 2004 too and look how that turned out. So I'm not counting my winnings just yet.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Even if he was a celebrity, lets not forget the number one celebrity Republicans elected in the eighties, mister Ronald Reagan. The man was an actor and a movie star.

He invaded a nation, bombed a Muslim country, and gave amnesty to illegal immigrants,but republicans like him even though his only other political experience was being a governor and failing three times before victory in President.

So, you know, if we are talking about experience and celebrity status, then Obama for sure has at least as much credentials as Reagan did.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

Yes, I am very anti-war, because my loyalty is to goodness and goodness only. I you think that war is necessary for peace, then you must be a brainwashed trained killer too. America is on the wrong track, MCcain is on the wrong track and you sound like you are on the wrong track too. I would go to war for peace but to don't ask me to kill. I know our history very well. I am still trying to figure out who has divided us and make us go to war against each other and kill each other. No sane people would do that to humanity. If there is some alien race involved they are probably sitting and laughing at us, how foolish we are that they don't have to kill us, they brainwashed us and we are killing ourselves, and in my opinion there is nothing more foolish than that. And believe me there are far more powerful weapons than lethal weapons. How will there be change if you vote for a third Bush term, how can there be change if you vote for another insane brainwashed trained killer, who is planning to stay in Iraq for 100 years? It sounds like you want to help pushing America on the wrong track instead of helping change things. I am also anti-war because the "time of gold" is coming and there is no place for war during that time. It is time that we unite or parish together as fools.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

Yes, I am very anti-war, because my loyalty is to goodness and goodness only. If you think that war is necessary for peace, then you must be a brainwashed trained killer too. America is on the wrong track, MCcain is on the wrong track and you sound like you are on the wrong track too. I would go to war for peace but don't ask me to kill. I know our history very well. I am still trying to figure out who has divided us and make us go to war against each other and kill each other. No sane people would do that to humanity. If there is some alien race involved they are probably sitting and laughing at us, how foolish we are that they don't have to kill us, they brainwashed us and we are killing ourselves, and in my opinion there is nothing more foolish than that. And believe me there are far more powerful weapons than lethal weapons. How will there be change if you vote for a third Bush term, how can there be change if you vote for another insane brainwashed trained killer, who is planning to stay in Iraq for 100 years? It sounds like you want to help pushing America on the wrong track instead of helping change things. I am also anti-war because the "time of gold" is coming and there is no place for war during that time. It is time that we unite or parish together as fools.

BTW you can't wash away blood with more blood.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by nxcbfm]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If researching is bashing, find me guilty.

One thing I haven't done is be cruel ,or post anything I thought was untrue.

Neither have I tried to push another candidate.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I'd say he's in good company.

Presidents who served in wars:

George Washington - Commander in Chief of Continental Army during the American Revolution.
James Monroe - served in American Revolution
Andrew Jackson - American Revolution, War of 1812, First Seminole War
William Henry Harrison - Indian wars in the NW territory, War of 1812
John Tyler - War of 1812
Zachary Taylor - War of 1812, Black Hawk, Second Seminole, and Mexican wars
Franklin Pierce - Mexican War
James Buchanan - War of 1812
Abraham Lincoln - Black Hawk War
Andrew Johnson - Civil War
Ulysses Grant - Mexican War, Civil War
Rutherford Hayes - Civil War
James Garfield - Civil War
Chester Arthur - Civil War
Benjamin Harrison - Civil War
William McKinley - Civil War
Theodore Roosevelt - Spanish-American War
Harry Truman - WWI
Dwight Eisenhower - WWII General
John Kennedy - WWII
Lyndon Johnson - WWII
Richard Nixon - WWII
Gerald Ford - WWII
George Bush - WWII

8 Presidents have been School Teachers - one of them was LBJ.

Lyndon Johnson escalated the American involvement in the Vietnam War from 16,000 American soldiers in 1963 to 550,000 in early 1968.
Hurray for Teachers !

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JustTheFacts

I was just about to look up that list myself, good job on getting to it before me. Can't say I support McCain or Obama, just reminds me of the movie poster for Aliens Vs Predator...."Whoever wins, we lose"

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I never said that teachers do not start wars. If I had to choose between someone who has killed before and someone who has never killed before, I would choose for the one that has never killed before. When you make killing of people your job there is obviously something wrong with you. If you commit crimes against humanity there is obviously something wrong with you. Are you trying to say that killing people is a good thing? Are you an agent of negativity?_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Are you trying to say that killing people is a good thing?

No, but in the real world where I live - many times it is Kill or be killed.
I know who I want on my team.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I understand you. But that must be changed or we will parish together as fools. Are you suggesting that we must continue to kill each other till.....end of time or till we destroy ourselves? Killing is part of the problem it is not a part of the solution.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustTheFacts

Are you trying to say that killing people is a good thing?

Fortunately, 95% of people don't live in your "real" world, and we don't make important decisions based on your primeval dictates.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I understand you. But that must be changed or we will parish together as fools. Are you suggesting that we must continue to kill each other till.....end of time or till we destroy ourselves? Killing is part of the problem it is not a part of the solution.

The difference in opinion here is more of a difference of perspective. You're looking at things with a "big picture" point of view, and those who say that killing and war is a necessary evil are only looking at the here and now (and the past). Both POVs have merit I think. But really they're more like two sides of the same coin.

I think that's a problem with a lot of humanity though; we don't look at the big picture of humanity enough.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Fortunately, 95% of people don't live in your "real" world, and we don't make important decisions based on your primeval dictates.

Yes, it is very fortunate for you and the other 95% that there are people like me to protect people like you.
To be clearer I will say it another way - being capable of defending ones self, ones unit or ones country is not something I look down upon.
Let's view it as "Trained to defend" or "Trained to stop further violence".
It would be foolish to totally ignore all of the possibilities when making those "really important decisions" so,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join