Poor Obama bashers, the humanity!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So as this election gets closer, I see that the daly attacks on Mr. Obama increase accordingly. It's cute in a way, in a very sad and desperate way. Believe it or not I'm not a big Obama guy. If you look at my profile, I rarely engage in these threads anymore. Learned that lesson within a couple of days of joining ATS.
But someone needs to remind you where your mirror lives. McCain supporters, you do realize there's not even the slightest chance in the world that McCain is gonna win this election. It's like Morpheus against Wilford Brimley at this point. Obama is going to win as sure as the sun is gonna rise tomorrow. You can resist either point but you will lose both.
Just for ships and giggles:

William Hill (bookmakers)

OBAMA 1/3
McCAIN 9/4

WH

Trust me these guys know what they're doing when they set these lines a lot more that you or me or CNN does.
I suspect you are slowly realizing that's the writing's on the wall so you're throwing the kitchen sink at Obama, failing that, I suspect you'll try to scorch the earth on your way out of town. Oddly enough your tactics on ATS and on the rest of the web seem to have hurt McCain more than anything. As for as I can tell threads attacking Obama seem to be more frequent but die an increasingly hasty death.
I also suspect my opinion will do nothing to stop you from resisting the sunrise.
You are planting the seeds of your own cucumber (if you know what I mean).

I'm sure there will soon be a 12 step McCain anonymous program at your local learning annex. Time to Google that.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Here's a very helpful site for "trending" elections and many other interesting issues"

berkeleydailyplanet

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I don't actually find it "cute", but desperate is a good word. I wish I had learned that same lesson a while ago, but I have now.
I asked myself, what am I doing arguing with ignorant, hateful and hopeless people? What am I trying to prove? And then I felt sorry for them. Trying desperately to tear down a rising star... It's so sad...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Rising star, yes. Fitting President, no.
He's a celebrity and nothing more.
They might as well throw this election up on "American Idol".

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The Obama bashers know that they're losing. That's why they attack him on issues that aren't important. That's why they make up outrageous lies. It's an obvious sign of desperation, and it stinks. But then again, we should expect that in big elections, it seems to be the norm. The losing side always starts crying.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH,
You're the one that showed me the light when I first became a member.
And yes, desperate for them, but cute like Homer trying to read instructions to his BBQ pit.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll

Didn't they just try that tactic by comparing him to Paris Hilton and Britney Spears? Didn't work then, either.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Rising star, yes. Fitting President, no.

I guess someone didn't watch their Daily Show/Colbert last night.
The funniest thing about the Paris Hilton reference is that both her parents have contributed the max to the McCain campaign. Then he poops on their daughter.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious_Agnostic
Didn't they just try that tactic by comparing him to Paris Hilton and Britney Spears? Didn't work then, either.

That's funny, because I know more people who this "is working on" then not.
The only ones I know voting for him are the one's that admire him like a celebrity. The ones who love Britney, Paris, the "beautiful" people. The shallow. And the young, the naive, and the Bush haters (of which I am one).

"I think he's cool."
"He likes some rap music."
"He likes J-Zee."
"He use to smoke pot."
"He's very charismatic."
And the list goes on.........

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
hey heres a hint mccain sucks a moose's nipple but obama is still a toolbag. they both suck, you dont have to hate one to like the other, you can hate both...

I assume by the moose reference that you are Canadian.
If you read the OP you will see that this thread is not about who you like and don't like.
It's about the inevitability of the outcome.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Oh jeez, "NO", you can't hate Obama. That's sacrilege. How dare you? You must be racist.
"But yeah, it's cool to hate McCain all you want."

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Honestly, I don't watch that trash. It's all propaganda.
I'll bet a million dollars Paris will vote for Obama.
It's radical. It's cool. It's rebellious. It's what smart people should do.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by rocknroll]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

That's funny, because I know more people who this "is working on" then not.
The only ones I know voting for him are the one's that admire him like a celebrity. The ones who love Britney, Paris, the "beautiful" people. The shallow. And the young, the naive, and the Bush haters (of which I am one).

Always nice to meet a fellow Bush hater, but there is another group of people you may want to add to that list: intelligent people.

(edit - I'm not just saying that, it's from some polls I've seen.)

[edit on 8/1/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i did read the op. i dont care who the media worships, obama or mccain neither one desrves to run this country. i really dont care who will win or who might they are both horrible for this country.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

Intelligent people? More like "conformists" if you ask me.
They're doing what's hip. Not what's smart at all.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
i did read the op. i dont care who the media worships, obama or mccain neither one desrves to run this country. i really dont care who will win or who might they are both horrible for this country.

I'm glad you took the time to repeat yourself.
It gave me the opportunity to notice that your signature is more relevant to the topic of this thread than your actual posts.
And not for nothing but where in the OP does it say anything about the media other than to briefly point out that they know less than oddsmakers?

[edit on 8/1/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

Intelligent people? More like "conformists" if you ask me.
They're doing what's hip. Not what's smart at all.

Let me ask you this, if that is true then why is pretty much the rest of the world behind him? Are McCain supporters smarter than the rest of the world?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
your whole post is obama this mccain that.
not everyone thinks that way.
to hell with both of them thats all im saying.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I support neither of the two.
But I am surprised that there was no bump, one way or the other after Obama's recent World tour. I expected a major change in public perception once he returned. But the tiny nudge in the polling numbers shows me that both candidates have definitely captured an unswayable core set of voters.

But they are both in the 40 percent range..Meaning there are 10 to 15 percent that have yet to make up their minds, or like me..Will vote 3rd party.

There is one other thing that people may not be taking into account.
The age groups.
Obama supporters tend to be younger. McCain's tend to be older.

I suspect there is a decent number of McCain people that don't attend rallies, that don't post on blogs, or in discussion groups. There is one thing that they WILL do..they will mosey on down to the polls and vote. They always do. They just aren't very vocal.

I'm not 100 percent positive that the vast number of Obama people will all actually follow through, and pull that lever.

I saw the same thing with the younger Paul supporters.
The rallies were fun, the fundraisers were fun..But when it came time, in the primaries, to vote..it didn't happen. One reason, at least here in Nevada, is that the Caucuses took place Early in the morning, on a Saturday.

So, McCain has a "gray area" pool of voters..that we aren't hearing about.

At least, that's my theory.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join