It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question of instinct?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Recently we had a thread on ATS about people experiencing feelings of 'waiting for something'.

Many people described a frustration, or a sense of anxiousness on this thread.

I am not going to link to the thread, as it it late, I am tired, and will probably have to start this thread from scratch if I try something elaborate such as providing a link.

However, I did want to share something with the readers on ATS, and to ask a question.

Here is my story:

I have been telling my significant other for some months now that I have felt very frustrated, restless, anxious, and impatient. The reasons for these feelings are unknown. I have spent many an hour pondering the possible reasons for these feelings and have been unable to shed any light on the matter.

You can imagine my surprise however, when I spotted a link on ATS that was talking about the same feelings I had been having - Synchronicity at work (?)

These feelings have not gone away, merely been joined by another, if equally pervasive feeling in my conscious thoughts.

This is a feeling of a calm... a calm before the storm.

Often I have this feeling flow through my mind, then the feelings of frustration and 'waiting' are quick to follow. I have been able to push these feelings to one side if I busy myself with my daily life, but they are still there churning away in my mind.

Several of my associate and even friends have suggested similar feelings, although no great detail is ever discussed.

One or two people have commented how 'quiet' life seems to be at the moment. Whilst others have said odd things like 'any day now' or 'it's coming'... by this I mean the comments are usually out of the blue and never really discussed fully at any time by participants of the conversation.

None of the above peturbs me emotionally, but it certainly arouses my curiosity.

Now that I have shared this snippet of information, is anyone else experiencing the same sense of 'calm'?

Can anyone shed any light on why I might be experiencing this?

Am I just neurotic?

* This thread is possibly in the wrong forum, if so, would a moderator kindly move it to the correct forum please?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Damn, no responses and I am about to go to bed too.

I was hoping that someone might have something to say... perhaps I should become paranoid.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Inner warning system.

Maybe it would have to do with just you directly if something does occur.

The higher you is aware of what's put in motion that is coming toward you if it is something that might affect you. You're warned so you can make a decision to something else that may step you out of the path of what may be coming your way if it's something your higher you knows you (the lower you) wouldnt take kindly or like.

That's just my two cents. Your higher you gets you to make moves in advance to better postition you in this game of chess.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Or you could be getting paranoid and feeding off other peoples paranoia via the internet....or higher self communicating with lower self etc...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

I like your analogy of the game of chess.

I suppose that my instinctual side has rather been ignored over the years and is perhaps now reaserting iteslf.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Going through mayhem mate, but I am feeling calm calm. It's all good, just feel the energy.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Certainly, you make a valid point, however I do not feel that I am a paranoid sort of bloke.

I have an insatiable curiostiy about the world around me, and my own inner self. I am always asking questions and exploring the world, just like a young child in many respects - although, I am not quite so naive.

Most 'paranoid' rants that I see on here, I dismiss as just that. You may have noted that when I have posted on other people's posts that I talk about using 'logic and reasoned thought to reach the facts', which is just how I try to think...

I don't want to belittle your suggestion, just add my tupence worth.

top topics

join