It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail / Contrail Experiment?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Lethil....let me be crystal clear, here.

Essan, OzWeatherman and I simply wish to dispel one mis-conception: That all contrails are 'bad'.

The intent here is simple....commercial passenger jets do not have the equipment nor the capacity to do this alledged 'spraying'.

If, indeed, anything like this is happening, then it is purely MILITARY in origin. Of course, the MILITARY can contract with Civilian companies....but not regularly scheduled passenger jets.....because they can't afford to carry the extra weight of these so-called 'chemicals'....and before you say, oh, well, they're paid off.....it is not logical.

No....the CIA or the NSA can fly their own jets, anytime they want, we will have no clue.

Not sure if that's true....but my POINT is.....it does not happen from the jet you're sitting in as you fly to Grandmother's house for holiday.

Only reason I jump into these threads....is when people start to make those sort of claims.

Hope it's a bit clearer now.....

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
lol yes i understand..its just chemtrails are rather vague...everyone has their own view of them and what they are...anyway yes i get your point,but the fact remains the *military* have and maybe are still spraying us...so despite all the nitpicking like i said...the basic fundamentals of chemtrails are still factually correct ie spraying the populus with bacteria,chemicals etc

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Lethil....not wishing to 'parse' your post.....I will ask you about the very last part (and let others read for themselves).

You seemed to valiantly proclaim the existance of 'chemical spraying'.

OK...granted...chemicals are routinely sprayed....usually at very low altitudes....I'll use the first example, crop-dusting.

I can recall a well-publized event in the Los Angeles, CA, area.....where I grew up....to attempt to control a mosquito outbreak.

Helicopters were used to spray 'Malathion' over certain neighborhoods.\

This was done at low altitudes, of course, since that's how you direct your spray. People were alerted ahead of time....but of course, many complained....it left a residue on their cars.

IT was also done AT NIGHT!!!! The thinking, at the time, that you would be at home, in bed.....and also, mosquitos tend to nest and stop flying around after sunset....so, win-win!!

NOW, fast-forward two decades....and this idea of 'chemtrails' pops up....because of the Internet. People vaguely remember these stories of 'spraying' from back in the past....they remember that DDT was banned....it is an old pesticide.....not sure where they remember this, they heard it as a child.

NOW comes the Internet!!! And guess what? An Urban Legend gains hold, gets 'legs'.....and we're off to the races!!!

This is my take on the subject....I will gladly eat all of my words, when sufficient evidence exists to prove otherwise.....in fact, I will donate to charity, as evidence of my eating words....currently, I'd donate to the ASPCA.

(AND....I'll likely donate anyways....just for your consideration)

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Hi Lethil, you've actually hit on a point I was trying to get across in another chemtrail thread (and got slated or ignored for my pains): there are many different and often conflicting ideas as to what chemtrails are. This then leads to all manner of non sequitur and other fallacious reasoning as evidence of cloud seeding is used to somehow prove that a mass of contrails produced by commerical airliners are chemtrails, or that because some scientists have presented ideas to spray nitrates into the upper atmosphere to combat global warming is what people are seeing. That such things do - or could - happen is beside the point. The point is that what people see in the sky and claim to be chemtrails are not chemtrails.

As I've said several times, if there really are chemtrails we almost certainly won't see them (and we definitely can't see cloud seeding or chaff).

But if you want a real conspiratorial angle - how better to go about chemtrail spraying without anyone knowing than by making everyone look at the contrails and the cloud seeding and the chaff in your other hand? It's the illusionist's favourite trick.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Eyewitness reports from non-qualified observers compared to actual professionals who have knowledge of their respective fields.

your not qualified from a visual perspective. Give me a break!!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

Swing....the mere fact that you (A) got a 'star' and (B) got a star for such a ridiculous comment shows that the there is, indeed, a 'tag-team' of sorts, happening.

Swing....this thread was about to die...it was I who 'bumped' it, because there was some good science in it, that needed to be examined.

Of course, your 'knee-jerk' reaction to my screename.....well, that's plain for all to see.

Over 20,000 hours of flight experience, in the course of over 35 years....you want to compare what I know, with what YOU know???

Try......

EDIT.....I wrote that comment, then thought about it....and realized it needed more.

SwingArm, you directly challenged me, as an observor. I could not simply sit by, and let that challenge go uncontested.

As I said, my years of flying should qualify me as an 'observor'....what experience do YOU bring?

[edit on 8/18/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
To the OP and on topic: You can take a sample of your collected water to the DEQ (Department of Environmental Quality) and they will test it for free (last I checked) or for a small fee.

Not sure what you will learn about chemtrails from that for reasons already stated but you will learn about the quality of your water. Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Weed who cares about stars? Do you feel validated when you get one and ignored if you don't? I check myATS it shows a new post. I read the post. Then I decide if I will respond. I'm sure we could be friends in real life

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

As I stated, in another thread...I will not continue an off-topic debate with a member. I will, however thank you for mentioning that we could be friends, in real life. That was very nice, thank you.

Hence, U2Us were 'invented'....just sayin'.......

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Stop playing games

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I tried, to re-invigorate this thread,

Felt it needed a 'bump'....and I offered an olive branch.

So, others please use this thread to report what you've observed. AND, how you've examined what experiences you've had.

I'm sure many will like to see what you have to offer.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Others can read this thread and judge for themselves. I've posted many times. Are you asking me what I do for living that qualifies me to post in this thread?

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

NO....I am trying to dis-engage, politely.

I am done, this will not be an argument between two members, we are better than that.

I would like to see more science brought in to the discussion, since that IS the point of the OP.....

That is all....done.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join