It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admits to "Playing the Race Card"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

"He was referring to the fact that he didn't come into the race with the history of others," Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs said Thursday. "It is not about race."

This is the response from the Obama camp when Mccain railed against Obama's speech...

But Obama's chief strategist, David Axelrod, acknowledged on "Good Morning America" Friday that the candidate was referring, at least in part, to his ethnic background.

abcnews.go.com...

Sounds right to me. Remember, I'm a racist for not liking this guy...

When pressed to explain the comment, Axelrod told "GMA" it meant, "He's not from central casting when it comes to candidates for president of the United States. He's new to Washington. Yes, he's African-American."

That seemingly obvious reference sparked the first real fireworks between the two camps as backers of both candidates accused the other of trying to subtly inject race into the presidential contest.

But will this get the attention Mccains comment's did? I think not...

I'm really beginning to actually hate this man and those who associate with him...

Is this how you all feel about Bush? If so, I'm sorry, cause it's a really horrid feeling...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Why do you equate "ethnic background" with Black?

I mean, you don't get much more ethnic than a goat herding father.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Excuse me? You are saying that to look at someone and define them as "different" because of their skin color is not playing the race card? I never did the equating, Obama's aids did...

Hey Quaza, be careful if you are an Obama supporter. I am not some kid all giddy over a pastor connection. I actually KNOW the real issues, and this man is full of them...

And when did I ever use the word "black"?

[edit on 1-8-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
my guess is that you are not coming back to face facts.
Bottom line? Obama is the ONLY person who made this about race, and is the only one to do so. He is trying on white guilt to overlook his audacity.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Please, explain to all of us knuckle draggers what he meant by,

"He doesn't look like all those other president on dollar bills"

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
reply to post by Quazga

Please, explain to all of us knuckle draggers what he meant by,

"He doesn't look like all those other president on dollar bills"

Obviously a reference to the expensive suits paid for by Perseus LLC and the other mega-investment banks and 3,000 strong New York law firms who make up Obama's top nine contributors (so much for "I won't deal with PACs").

You will look in vain for an Armani suit on any of the Founding Fathers and other people immortalized on US currency.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by vfrickey

Very good point. It seems that i was mistaken when he keeps pointing to race.

I guess Obama wants it to be an issue because it allows him more deflection..

But notice that all the people who usually populate the anti Mccain threads, like the original about Mccain saying this in the first place....

Where are you Obamiacs? DEFEND YOUR GOD!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

I find it very rich that Obama is actually encouraged away from bringing up his OBVIOUS ethnicity. Maybe the McCain camp would be happier if Obama were to paint himself white (just for the campaign), or maybe just appear on the radio? Then race would likely not be an issue at all!

Obama's black. It doesn't have to be a big deal. I don't see why it is such a big deal. McCain is an idiot for trying to capitalize on a stupid misspeak (scripted, mind you). It was even dumber for Obama's crew not to realize that Obama was implying that McCain and Bush have brought race into this when they haven't. McCain sure hasn't called out the conservative right wingers who used Obama's middle name EXCESSIVELY, and targeted the controversial Wright moreso because it made Obama look more black.

Yeah, those people weren't McCain's camp, that's true. But they were conservatives who i'm guessing weren't voting Obama. Just like these Obama idiots who talk down about McCains age. I understand that he's an old guy, but pointing it out just brings negative attention to Obama.

I know for a fact that guys like Hannity, OReilly and Rush have all insinuated things relating to Obama's race and religious background. I've listened to those shows long enough to understand their deeper meanings. For example, Hannity likes to say he doesn't even LIKE McCain on most of the issues, but there are some issues that he strongly agrees with and in this perilous time we just can't hand the presidency over to the far left wing radical. Hannity knows good and well that kind of position makes it look like the right choice to a traditional "just tell me what to think" conservative.

The marketing of the presidency has got to stop on both sides, but it's going to get much worse instead

join