It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy against God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
How can anybody hate something that does not exist?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ichabod

Firstly, I'll ask a question to all the Christians that have posted to this thread, how do you know God exists? When people say "I love God" you don't even know what God is! I started a thread about this recently however it got moved to BTS as it was deemed more suitable there.

Without repeating my argument in this thread please visit the link below:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

As anyone will see by visiting that thread, not one single person has actually answered my question i.e. not even ONE person has managed to provide proof that God exists.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The human race has, and particularly Americans have, become effectively WAY more pre-Galilean than in Galileo's time (circa 1600). We now have the secular religion (if you will) of secrecy-BASED government(s) intertwined with the traditional blind faith. I believe the former exists primarily or ultimately to coddle and acquiesce to the flimsy eggshell psyches/egos of the latter. Yippee! Ignorance rules now like NEVER before. We have (in US terms) the National Security Act of 1947 to "thank" for it.

"The only difference between a religion and a cult is the amount of real estate they own." (Frank Zappa)

Religious or secular, the human race is screwed up primarily because beliefs are held in infinitely higher regard than facts.

In terms of total influence of religion (monotheism) in politics, the US is rivaled only by Iran or whatever other repressive Muslim country. Sure, it's a different (or even very different) version of it, but the US is THE only Christian nation with a religious stick up its butt that's similar enough to certain Muslim nations.

The conspiracy is an entirely human one of silence/inaction that has zero to do with "God."

Edit to add: And to those who believe the US was FOUNDED as a Christian nation, I highly recommend this article titled THE CHRISTIAN NATION MYTH by Farrell Till:

www.infidels.org...

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Lightworth]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by Ichabod

Firstly, I'll ask a question to all the Christians that have posted to this thread, how do you know God exists? When people say "I love God" you don't even know what God is! I started a thread about this recently however it got moved to BTS as it was deemed more suitable there.

Without repeating my argument in this thread please visit the link below:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

As anyone will see by visiting that thread, not one single person has actually answered my question i.e. not even ONE person has managed to provide proof that God exists.

first it would be necessary to determine what you have traditionally accepted in the past as proof or truth. a generalized statement that proof is demonstrable like gravity, is not going to be specific enough to address a subject as complex as God. An existentalist will tell you that you can't prove anythign about anything. As far as they are concerned the computer you're looking at may not even be real. Some hindu and buddhist thought strays into that same idea, like Maya, everything you see and think is proof, is an illusion. how do you prove an illusion? so it really is essential to know what you personally view as proof or truth on many different subjects, before this question could be answered to your satisfaction i imagine. i mean, it's like standing in the middle of the room, holding a piece of paper with 1trillion randomly sequenced numbers on it and asking someone in the room to recite the entire number, correctly, without ever seeing it.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by undo]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Read any holy book, and it rapidly appears that god is a barbarous, arrogant a$$h*le. So even if he does exist, then he's not really worth worshiping, and if he is allmighty, then he is worth hating. My two cents....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ichabod

Because god is fake, we were put on earth by aliens most likely and god had nothing to do with it.

god was created to keep the masses from killing each other by giving the people something to believe in other than themselves, which most people do not, thus the reason they take anti-depressents. god is control.

Free will is not in gods book, you must follow him and only him.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stinkhorn
reply to post by Ichabod

Because god is fake, we were put on earth by aliens most likely and god had nothing to do with it.

god was created to keep the masses from killing each other by giving the people something to believe in other than themselves, which most people do not, thus the reason they take anti-depressents. god is control.

Free will is not in gods book, you must follow him and only him.

i'm not sure how you separate them (aliens and gods). that's a sticky issue for me that i've been mulling over for awhile. if both or either are capable of similar feats, the text is probably describing the same beings. the real issue at hand is, how do we get the aliens and is the idea that there could possibly be an eternal plane, that unscientific at this juncture?

[edit on 2-8-2008 by undo]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Very intellegent and good posts. I quite agree.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Excellent reply, I understand exactly what your saying. I agree that the proof of the existance of God, is of course, subjective to the individual & I agree to a point, that just because there is no "traditional" proof that God exists doesn't nescessaryily mean he does not.

However, there isn't any proof that God does actually exist, its okay saying the proof might not be traditional i.e. photograph, physical encounter, voice recording etc but if it is not then it doesn't have any credibility.

For example, I absolutely hate it when I ask Christians for proof that God exists and they reply with something like "I know he exists, I just know!"
or "Yes God does exists, I'v felt him"

These answers are absolutely ridiculous!!! I hate it even more when you ask a Christian do they have proof God exists and they answer but look at you as if you've gone mad as if theyre thinking "Of course God exists! Whats wrong with this idiot???"

I'v found myself saying "Just because you believe in something, doesn't make it real" quite a lot recently on here.

It seems to me that there will always be people who will defend their belief in something, and respond to logical & rational questioning with illogical and irrational answers.

When I bring up this subject, whether on here or in person with a Christian what strikes me every time is the fact that the person I'm speaking to will not be able to provide any real answers or proof that God exists but they still have this unshakeable belief. I find that particularly strange.

If I told you that I had super powers you would instinctively disbelieve me, (well the logical people on here would disbelieve anyways, see my other thread Natural Suggestibility?)

What a ridiculous thing to claim - I have superpowers! What would the first thing you would ask for? Evidence/Proof, you would want me to prove it to you, prove that I do actually indeed have superpowers.

But, If I couldn't then you would of been right all along and dismiss me as some sort of crazed idiot.

However, if I told you I do infact have superpowers because I can feel them and I know they exist, would you then believe me? NO!!!!

Apply the above scenario to Christianity and hopefully you'll have a glimpse of my thoughts on the subject.

I invite anyone to PROVE to me that God exists, without resulting to some subjective, personal experience.

[edit on 2/8/08 by Death_Kron]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by roxaz

You know, your profanity speaks volumes about your intellect and about your rage on the topic. Why the rage?

As far as the 'balls' to take responsibility for actions, if you knew anything about God, then you would know he is all about personal responsibility. Why do you think admission of sin is such a big part of a believer's life? I suspect that you hate God more than you're letting on along with many others on this post who simply mask it with "I don't believe in God...because..."

Watching this thread is interesting because it certainly makes me suspicious that most people are just tools of the MoPO and Madison Ave trash polluting our minds and destroying our ability to think.

They've been at it with you for so long, you people have Stockholm Syndrome.

Finally people, Christianity is the the only religion I know of that teaches that our entrance to eternity is not in our own hands. It teaches that God took the punishment that he otherwise would and could have handed out to all of us deserving sinners. Every other religion apparently teaches either that: a) it doesn't matter because of some other dimensional nonsense that rejects objective reality, or b) we just need to try and be 'good' whatever that is.

And that's it - I'll try and come up with another thread that is equally motivating.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

Oh so I guess you are claiming you are a professional physicist? Since you see atoms everyday and all? Or you just believe what physicists tell you? Personally i went to engineering college and I took 4 semesters of rigorous physics an chemistry. I saw lots of pictures models and diagrams but never once personally saw an atom myself. I made a decision to trust my teachers.

Ahem so you take it on faith that what they say is true. Cough cough. You can't see an atom with out an electron microscope which costs loads of money and expertise to use and maintain.Atoms don't "do" anything but take up space basically they cont reveal themselves or communicate at all. So your assertion that atoms reveal them selves is patently absurd.

Actually a new science book has not stood the test of time - so it is far more likely to contain errors and misconceptions. Science is always changing their view on many issues - cosmology for instance. The more they learn the more it matches the Bible as well.

If you are going to approach God it requires humility. The attitude you have demonstrated leaves no wonder why you feel your petitions have been in vain. It took quite a bit of study before i could accept the bible. I know now it is unquestionably true. That took years of work. I'm sorry you are stuck in that doomed predicament, eternity is at stake.

[edit on 8/2/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The conspiracy against God is discussed by the trinity Father Son and Holy Spirit in the Bible in the second Psalm. This is the 3 discussing the war on God by man. Of course Revelation tells us mankind will go to war with God at Armegeddon.

Note this Old Testament but all the references to the Son...

Psalm 2

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.

10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Why is there such hatred for God in the world? I believe it's the result of a worldwide conspiracy to separate humans from God

Here is what appears (to me at least) another believer unable to apply logic and reason to their critical thinking.

If God is, as is claimed is the creator of everything the ultimate force of our universe how is it possible for god to not get what he/she wants?

Please , religious people use your (god given?) brain,

again -

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR GOD NOT TO GET WHAT GOD WANTS ?

If god did not want to be seperate from its creation then god would not, full stop period. Unless of course there is a power higher than the highest power , but then we're going down silly street .

But silly street seems to be where most christians (to name but one type of deluded believer) do their critical thinking.

It would be far more productive when religious people raise issues, especially with both non believers as well as believers, to ponder just one simple aspect or question at a time without digressing into invalid circular reasoning.

EG (And perhaps this should go into a new thread who knows it could save millions of tons of inconsistant nonsense biblical argument.)

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR GOD NOT TO GET WHAT GOD WANTS ?

No human being who can think (or still has at least some ability to think for himself) could possibly answer this as it would negate god.

However as it would be impossible for the creator of everything to not get what it wants, then any conspiracy against it (and religion) become totally irrelevent.

So I'll throw that question out there once again for all the christians etc to run to their pastor or priest or bible or whatever else is doing their thinking for them.

Answer this one very simple question rationally, not for my benefit but for your own and future generations.

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR THE CREATOR OF EVERYTHING NOT TO GET WHAT IT WANTS?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

okay i will give it my best shot in your other thread.
but first i need to know what you already believe and accept as fact.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Im sorry you are the one who is not thinking critically.

OF COURSE GOD WILL GET WHAT HE WANTS.

He's trying to give you an opportunity to repent. it's completely for the redemption of mankind who chose to rebel against God. He is being extremely patient and yet you still mock him...

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.

2 Peter 3:9-10

By all appearances time is growing short. Remember - You were warned.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ichabod

Conspiracy against God

What I would like to do is give you an overview of the real conspiracy against God the way I perceive it to exist.

I enjoy reading what you say about God, and the things of God.

You may like reading what I have to say.

To do this I will need to use some bible versus and it will take long multiple posts, which I hope you will respond to and converse with me about.

We may not agree on what constitutes scripture or what can be seen by someone as being from God, which I think it can be anything formed or made not just the bible, only there is not a lot of common language that people can use to communicate spiritual ideas.

Anything can be scripture, whether it be written like the bible or Koran, formed like a sculpture, or made like a song, even a piece of cheese with the face of Jesus on it in my opinion could be thought of as scripture.

So long as there is someone who looks to a thing in the belief it contains meaning from God, then it can be thought of as scripture.

Whatever form it comes in, if it is truly from God then it was received by the operation of supernatural miraculous power, that is by revelation, and revelation is required to obtain any working interpretation of meaning from it.

Understand that when I reference a verse from the bible, I am not doing it to offer some sort of proof of what I am saying just as an illustration of my positions, and to serve as a common point to help in the communicating of deeper spiritual concepts.

The conspiracy against God is not a human conspiracy in origin, but humans are used as pawns against God, by the control and manipulation of our beliefs through word craft, a form of spiritual sorcery like drugs can be used by an individual as a form of purely physical sorcery to entrap and manipulate others.

Individuals without a conscience, who have left from the human race, hold power over our minds, mainly through religion.

But all systems of government, religious secular, political, economic, social, all the governing systems of this world are tapped as platforms for the manipulation of our beliefs by the servants of Molech, or children of the devil as Jesus called them.

They use mainly the spiritual casting of words, or word craft if you will, to exert control over our minds, and by so doing direct our actions in ways favorable to their aims..

Language is constantly devolving, dropping off all ideas related to spiritual things, the further we remove ourselves from God and the knowledge of the holy.

This is natural to a great extent, much like the decline of understanding about how we get our food by people who no longer live on farms, all they know experientially speaking is to go to the store and buy their food, even though they may be aware intellectually that tomatoes are grown on a farm, they have no or little working knowledge of farming.

Language at the same time is also constantly evolving, adapting new concepts to convey the maximum possible understanding of the purely physical world, which is all we can know experientially speaking, that is without any active participation from God or the spiritual in our lives.

This lack of any real personal experience of spiritual things, as a condition in which most of us live our lives, is why we are so vulnerable to having our beliefs manipulated by those who are accustomed to working with spiritual operation of power.

If a farmer tells us that tomatoes grow on trees, we don't really know for sure what the truth is having only ever bought our tomatoes from the grocery store, so we naturally tend to believe them and take them at their word.

All of this holds true for spiritual things as well.

Take for instance the teachings of life after death, or the trinity, by the Christian religious authorities.

We don't really know what the truth is on an individual level, because of our lack of personal experience with the things of the spirit, so if we buy our religion at the Christian grocery store we naturally tend to believe what we are told by our perceived christian authorities.

This holds firm as a premise for all aspects of our life and living, simply because there is always spiritual truth which exists in real time regarding everything, but it can only be known in the moment on an individual level, in terms of that part or degree which should be seen and understood as personally applicable, by spiritual manifestation, specifically, word of knowledge, word of wisdom, or discerning of spirits, sometimes called enlightenment or the gift of the inner eye ect...

If we are told that the true, right, and correct political view, is service to our country, and sacrifice for a politically defined greater good, because of lack of any real personal experience with the nature of political truth in real time spiritually speaking, we naturally believe what we are told is true from those we perceive to be the authorities.

This is our great and common vulnerability which as humans we all share.

It is due to our lack of personal experience with the existing ever-present fuller spectrum of truth, that is added degrees of truth in real time which are always available but seldom accessed, beyond just our limited senses perceptions regarding things physical or spiritual.

If we are not tapped into the spiritual side of life we can easily fall victim to manipulation by others utilizing this wider scope of recognitions, they are seeing both the living spiritual truth as well as the dead physical realities of what is true at the same time, while we by our five senses can only see what is true physically at the moment.

With spiritual sight you have the potential to see the objective truth in real time regarding a matter, but the most you can see by your five senses perceptions alone is subjective truth.

Here is my first point where I would like to add a verses from the bible.

My adding these versus is not in anyway an attempt to prove my point using the bible.

I am only doing it for the sake of illustration and mutual understanding, and that will be the case throughout my posts whenever I add a verse.

Also, I realize that I can be wrong in my interpretations as can everyone who tries to understand anything.

What I would like you to see is I am adding these first verses to help aluminate recognition of the co-existence of two realities, the lesser reality of the physical which exists within the greater reality of the spiritual, and that the purely physical mind can only know and experience the existence of the physical, whereas the spiritual mind can know and experience the existence of both simultaneously.

1Co 2:12 - 14 (KJV)

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

End:

Now I would like to know if you agree with me so far on most of the things I have said, especially about the co-existence of two realities, that of the physical and spiritual simultaneously, before proceeding into explaining more of the who, what, when, where, why, and how's of what I believe to be the real conspiracy against God.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by newday]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'am Marija and im here to tell people to turn to Jesus and stop following Satan. Please read this word for word so you can understand Hell is real. Start believing now in Jesus for the end is nigh.
www.spiritlessons.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
While I'm not religious per se, I "know" there is a God.

The world has evolved. People want to KNOW rather than follow something that might not possibly be there. "Seeing is believing" is not something bad, but it's not all the better either.

I rather lead a moralistically good life (that means not breaking any of the major top three commandments) and know there's nothing in the other side, then break everything and be suffering later.

What's there to lose? Earthly pleasure? It's only temporarily!

[edit on 2-8-2008 by xDove007]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I don't hate religious people, it's just that the idea of "god" in one form or another is completely irrelevant. Sure, people can talk about the need of "good" and so on, but I prefer to see such things coming from humans themselves.

And I can assure you that I don't look down upon christians or other religious people any more that you look down upon some native tribe worshipping their forest.

Of course, you KNOW that you are right, and they are wrong. They are surely mistaken. Right?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueEyes
I don't hate religious people, it's just that the idea of "god" in one form or another is completely irrelevant. Sure, people can talk about the need of "good" and so on, but I prefer to see such things coming from humans themselves.

And I can assure you that I don't look down upon christians or other religious people any more that you look down upon some native tribe worshipping their forest.

Of course, you KNOW that you are right, and they are wrong. They are surely mistaken. Right?

not exactly, no.
we were instructed in the bible, to be good stewards of the earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join