It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy against God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Why is there such hatred for God in the world? I believe it's the result of a worldwide conspiracy to separate humans from God. If you don't believe this, take a look at the popular press - how do they handle God? The press is the master of public opinion - they try to tell you what to think just in case you didn't know. How many instances of favorable treatments of God can you remember? Try comparing the treatment of God in say, 1950, with the treatment of God today. Would you say it is about steady or on a rapid decline?

What is your own personal opinion of God? Is he a bad guy who gets in the way of us having a good time? Is he relied upon by kooks who handle snakes and writhe in the aisles of their churches? Is God the tool of rotten men masquerading as God's mouthpiece who ultimately find their way on to the front pages of trashy magazines? What images have you been fed by the masters of public opinion?

If you do hate God and will admit it, why do you hate God? Why do you hate the concept of an omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient being behind the scenes? Why do you hate people who want to know God or profess a desire to spend eternity in heaven with God? Do you God haters think this up yourselves or is it because of a conspiracy to control your mind and destroy any possible relationship you might have with God?

In my opinion, this is nothing new. God hating has been going on since the beginning and many institutions both inside and outside of the church have fostered God hating over several thousand years. So, why do so many happily participate in it?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ichabod

The greatest feat the devil achieved was to convince us he didn't exist. Period.

I openly admit, I love God. I don't know why, but I do. He is there, guiding us. Proof or none. Per se, I am not 'religious', but try to have a deeper connection with God in the world around us.

If you just think of what you ask, he will give, if ways different than you and me can perceive.

I am not trying to be a preacher or priest, but I am a follower of God first, then the Church.

I will get complaints telling I am ignorant of the world around me. And how the countless efforts to tell me that there is no evidence that God exists, but a pose a question to all those who say that God does not exist..

What evidence there isn't a God?

Some one will answer this one: War, death, famine.... etc..

But we MAKE these choices.
People say, but if God loves you, why does he have these horrible things happen?
God loves us so much that he lets us have the freedom of making our own choices. Even the choice whether you love Him or not.

God lets us find out on our own, but eventually, the believers will join him in his Kingdom

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

I'm exactly the same as you in feeling,belief and faith your a watchman and i think you didnt know it but you fit the bill same as me, your the normal person who knows the truth but dont preach or bring the subject up, although i bet you have been recently and have been hearing a negative reaction, listen to god, watch for the coincidences and follow them some day soon people will come to you for answers, be ready for them.Israel will strike soon and the hand of god will be witnessed by all in protecting his people, the EU will step in quickly, Iran is the target,
pray for all involved forgive them and look around for other watchmen trying to tell the truth of whats happening, coldplay the band are aware of where the world stands there worth a look listen to what the lyrics say its quite meaningful stuff anyway good luck and god bless you it gets harder from here on in. I'm Dom by the way

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't hate your god, it's some of his followers I have a problem with. Please note that I wrote "some"--not all. It is the religion that I have a problem with, too. It's the hypocrisy, it is the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality of too many christians that I have met, and mostly it is the "god loves us SO much he will make sure we are tortured until the end of time for reasons not even we can agree on" mindset that seems to cover the entire christian world.

If christianity works for you, that is wonderful. I hope you have love and peace. But it doesn't work for me, and no amount of Bible quoting or soliciting at my door will change that.

The short and curly is this: It has nothing to do with your God. I neither love him nor hate him. He is neither right nor wrong because for me he doesn't exist.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I don't hate God, I just don't see why I should have to care if he/it/she(gasp!) exists.

If I offend God for my non-belief, I'm sure the grand master creator of the entire universe and beyond can cope with it.

If he can't, well, he needs to grow up and stop creating civilizations and demanding they praise him... Seems a bit neurotic.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I find it interesting that you're most annoyed with the 'hypocrites' who follow God. Sounds just like Jesus. I take it you have direct experience with this hypocrisy impacting you directly. Or are the masters of public opinion delivering this assessment to your doorstep?

Although at the end, you say that for you, God doesn't exist.

What does that last sentence mean? Does he exist but you chose to ignore him? He exists but he has no influence in your life and you don't chose to ignore him? Or does it mean you categorically assert that he doesn't exist?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm an agnostic - IE I neither accept nor reject the existence of a God running the universe, I believe that it is just beyond my abilities to know.

Still, assuming God exists, a conspiracy against him would not work.

By definition, God would know everything, it would therefore be impossible to conspire against him - you can't keep a secret from someone who knows everything.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Would this be your response to God if you were in his presence after your death? Would you actually have the stones to say, "Hey God, you didn't give me enough reasons to trust and believe you. Sorry I spit in your face all these years but I'm sure you're big enough to get over it."

I doubt it. I think you should read God's reply to Job at the end of the book of Job. Maybe that would sober you up a bit.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Well, the word 'conspiracy' might or might not imply secrecy. It's a plot. I agree that God knows all so that conspiring against him in secrecy is futile. And if you assume that we are the object, then I could have just as easily said, "Conspiracy against us to make us hate God" since we're the losers in all this. Of course that wouldn't have gotten into the little subject line here.

I do appreciate your response though, at least you solidly admitted that you're on the fence about God. If you do meet him after death, what exactly are you going to say to him?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think in the press it's more a coming down on "Jesus" issue, than it is a "God" issue. But it makes sense knowing the majority of the elite in the press (and media) are Jewish. The Jews have always hated Jesus and it shows.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ichabod
reply to post by Alora

I find it interesting that you're most annoyed with the 'hypocrites' who follow God. Sounds just like Jesus. I take it you have direct experience with this hypocrisy impacting you directly. Or are the masters of public opinion delivering this assessment to your doorstep?

Although at the end, you say that for you, God doesn't exist.

What does that last sentence mean? Does he exist but you chose to ignore him? He exists but he has no influence in your life and you don't chose to ignore him? Or does it mean you categorically assert that he doesn't exist?

Great questions that I'm happy to answer.

Yes, I have direct experience with Christian hypocrisy. The "masters of public opinion" are those I tend to rebel against. This hasn't always served me well, lol, but it is my nature. If the group says to go North, I instinctively go West.

I was raised as a christian, baptized twice (give 'em credit for not giving up on me), but in the end I just couldn't agree with the religion, nor could I understand why so many people believed that one book is the word of God simply because the book states that it is. I don't think there is anything wrong with being gay, and I literally laughed out loud when my Southern Baptist family told me women should be subservient to men and men are the true head of the household. That is definitely not in my nature.

So I walked away.

"Or does it mean you categorically assert that he doesn't exist?"

He very simply does not exist for me.

There are so very many beliefs and religions out there. Some I actually agree with, and some I don't. I wholeheartedly believe in your right to follow whatever religion you want to, I just wish that some (there's that word again) Christians would extend me the same favor.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ichabod

As a Christian-raised child, turned agnostic, I'm more familiar with the bible than I desire to be, and I was a little befuddled to see you reference the story of Job. If I am remembering correctly, the conversation between Job and God is not one that portrays God as someone who is loving and benevolent (which is why I'm assuming that you are using it as an example of why someone shouldn't simply assume that God will forgive them upon death for not believing in him???) God basically tells Job that HE is all-powerful and Job is nothing. He reminds Job that he is King of the world, and belittles Job into a fearful and humble state. He tells Job that he is not worthy to question the all-creating God and he should be ashamed of even questioning his faith. He tells Job that he is ignorant and knows nothing. He then requires Job and his friends to repent by giving sacrificial offerings and praying for forgiveness.

Oh, and of course after it's all said and done - Job is forgiven and becomes rich....not much different than today's evangelists...right?

Please understand...I am not mocking your faith. I am simply disgusted with religion using scare tactics to try to bring more believers into the church. If God's wrath and his ability to destroy me is the only reason to believe, I'd rather go to hell....which, in my mind doesn't really exist.

Either way, thanks for the post. I'm interested to see the views of others.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rocknroll

Well, not all Jews hated or hate Jesus - that is for sure. Jesus was a Jew. All of the disciples were Jewish, Paul (Saul of Tarsus) was Jewish, many of my believing friends are Jewish. We can even look forward to a time when the Jews embrace Jesus.

So, I'm not going to jump on the Jewish conspiracy bandwagon. My experience with Jews is that they are some of the most upstanding people in society. I love the Jews and everything Jewish!

But lets be serious. Jesus was certainly a political problem for the Jews. When Nicodemus, a teacher and respected elder of the Jews came to Jesus, he said that they knew that he was sent from God. From this and other interactions documented in the bible we can see that the leaders certainly had problems with Jesus. For one thing, they were worried that everyone would follow him. Where would that leave them? In this, they are absolutely no different than the rest of us - always worried about power and position.

Nope - I stand by what I said. I think there is a concerted attack on God (the father) to put hate out there for him.

What about you - do you love God or hate him?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
A god who cant or wont prove to us he exists is to me utterly useless to believe in.
Im sure that if he wanted me to believe in him he'd let me know. Unless that happens, how can i know what god he is?

Please, dont tempt me people. Just because it's an easy-to-believe family-friendly explanation of why we exist doesnt make it true.

Human beings are little more than self-preserving self-replicating biological machines. Our existence has no purpose and our lives have no meaning other than whatever meaning we invent for ourselves, and yet we are compelled to struggle onwards by vain dreams and biological desires, and we are almost all completely immersed in the illusion of our contemporary social drama.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
"god loves us SO much he will make sure we are tortured until the end of time for reasons not even we can agree on"

For this comment here, and from what I've heard from the bible and other Christan's is that if you do not follow the ten commandants and God's Law's, you will burn in Hell for eternity.

I think this is a common mis-conception. Humans are not perfect. Well all have bad days when sometimes we give into the temptation.

If God orders you to Hell for eternity for not following the Ten Commandme3nts and his Law strictly, Heaven would be the emptiest place on earth.

I look at it this way: If you love God, and you do your best to follow his laws, forgive and adknowledge your sins, God will not cast you out. God's hand is there, just waiting for us to take it.

It's OUR choice whether to love God. He is waiting, and He is the only thing that is going to be there after death.

A god who cant or wont prove to us he exists is to me utterly useless to believe in.
Im sure that if he wanted me to believe in him he'd let me know. Unless that happens, how can i know what god he is?

I have experiances and feelings that me and others cannot explained, and I found my answer through God. You may useless, but it is a at least a good moral code to follow through with.

Trust me, he has LET mean know. If you pay attention, you may notice something too.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by truth_seeker3]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

(BTW - I'm purposely not cutting and pasting. I've been using email and chat since 1983 unlike most of the folks here so I've paid my dues to cut 'n paste. You'll have to scroll if it bothers you - that's my little rebellion.)

I have to admit that I've only observed limited hypocrisy. On the topic of marriage, I'd say the bible teaches mutual submissiveness rather than subservience. After all, we're supposed to be out for each other's best interests, right? I think that 'head of the household' stuff comes from the original Hebrew for 'father' which in the ancient language is a bull's head followed by a floorplan - Head of the house. Nevertheless, the bible does say that Eve was provided to man because God determined that his loneliness was no good. He even looked at all the other animals to see if here might already be an appropriate companion and came up dry.

Plenty of other venues for discussing homosexuality. I'm fairly sure everyone knows the bible's teaching on it. I would simply say that if people are looking for a God who accepts every kind of behavior as righteous, then I would like to know how they plan on discussing their particular one with God.

Thanks for the honesty - I place you squarely in the God doesn't exist category and assume you haven't been swayed by the masters of public opinion but have formed this opinion on your own.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by optimistic skeptic

(see my rebellion against cut 'n paste above to Alora)

The reference to read Job was to humble him. If you remember, Job was rather concerned about preserving his reputation as a righteous individual against the attacks of his 'so-called' friends. None are righteous before God, you probably know that if you're well-acquainted with the bible. So, God took Job down a couple of pegs. You seem to think this is unfair. Is that why you turned away from God, because you read parts of the bible in which you disagree with God's behavior? You judged God? That would be quite interesting indeed.

And I suppose you have the stones to have that conversation with the almighty when you're sitting in front of him also, right?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
People hate God because of what is done in his/her name. I saw a thread the other day where the question was 'If God asked you to kill yourself, would you?' The arguments went to and fro, but what a nasty God. It's not the natural believers, rather that others would consider this question. That is what makes God so nasty to some.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

Well, atoms don't reveal themselves to you but you certainly have a use for them don't you? Does everything have to reveal itself to your massive intellect for you to be able to use it? What rubbish!

I find your tone rather belligerent so I wonder if I've stumbled on to a true God hater. When did you start hating God? Do you remember a time when you didn't?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ichabod

Your assumption is quite common. Most can't understand why I would turn against God after having the devout Christian upbringing that I did. However, my decision to label myself as "agnostic" (although I'm not an advocate of labels in general, these discussions often call for it), after about 10 years of researching my questions that could never be answered as I was growing up in the church.

I also got my undergraduate degree in biology, so my education of evolution and geology may have somewhat contributed to my change (I realize that's a totally different discussion, so we don't have to go there
) Anyway, I have come to the conclusion that for me personally, the bible was never meant to be taken literally. It is a book of moral tales and and literary beauty (in most books.)

As a 5-year old I often asked questions about how certain stories in the bible could be true (i.e. Noah's ark, Jonah and the Whale, "burning bushes," Virgin birth, the "location" of heaven, etc.) These are typical childhood questions. However, the standard replies of, "because it says so in the bible," or "you just have to have faith," were never good enough for me, as they were for my siblings. I also couldn't understand how a loving, merciful God could emit such wrath on his own creations (i.e. Sodom and Gomorrah, the Flood, etc.)

So, I entered my college years with these nagging questions, and paired with science and the general lack of evidence to prove God exists, I arrived at the conclusion that there's no proof He exists, but I can't deny the possibility that He may exist (hence, the "agnostic" label.)

To answer your question, I am content with the belief that if God exists and he created me (along with my "scientific" mind that makes me perhaps more skeptical of things I cannot see) then he will love me in spite of my faults.

I thank you for your peaceful discussion of this topic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join