It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Black Brigade" UK forces in Germany 60-70's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I've started this post to ask any ex or currently serving British forces if they have any information concerning a clandistine/secret group or club known as the Black Brigade, as far as i know or have been told, it was a group of servicemen based in Germany during the 60's-70's that used there military training to rob civilian targets ie banks, jewelery stores.

I just need to confirm whether there is any truth to the rumour or whether it is just a urban legend.

any info very much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I cannot say for certain (because I don't know what information you are working from) but I think you may have mistaken certain elements of special forces training and exercises that have grown 'larger' as the years passed by.
Unless of course your mistaking the British mission (BritMix) as they did indulged in various acts of valour to aquire things via the five fingered discount route. They do deserve recognition for what they did - those lads had brass balls for some of the stuff the did.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
For more information on Brixmis check out the link. Not all, for obvious reasons, will be revealed.

www.brixmis.co.uk...

By the way, the Allies in Berlin & East Germany (overt and covert) were the good guys.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It just so happens that my mother is German and my Father was a British serviceman based in Germany during the early 60's, they had a divorce many years ago and i was left with my mum, as you can imagine my mother was a bit bitter and would say things every now and again concerning my fathers past, in particular his dealings in Germany with his "Black Brigade" buddies, One story in particular that sticks in my mind concerns a paticular Christmas and they had no money, so my dad went out one night and came back with everything needed for a good christmas, turkey, trimmings, tree, decorations and presents.
That is small fry compared to some of the other things he was mean't to have got up too, what i wanted to know is whether the group he was with were just a bunch of thieves at the time or whether there was a brotherhood/club etc called the "Black Brigade"

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well i'll ask the older generation of my family.

What unit was he in? any ideas?

new topics

top topics

join