It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan: More Rumors of Al-Zawahiri's Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
www.stratfor.com...

August 1, 2008 1658 GMT
Al Qaeda No. 2 Ayman al-Zawahiri is rumored to have been killed in a July 28 U.S. airstrike in Pakistan. (With Stratfor map)

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is the same area in early June where there was a missle strike that rumored to have killed Zawahiri and the same general area where the Pakistan army thought they had him cornered in a compound in March of 2004. Not sure how much faith I put in the report but they keep hitting the same area trying to get him, so something has to be there.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Birddog26]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Good news, if true.

Too bad Stratfor is a subscription site now, I used to find it interesting reading, if with a fairly predictable right-wing slant.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Looks like this story may have more to it. Check out this report from CBS News. They are reporting a letter was intercepted asking for help in treating a wounded Zawahiri.
link

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I wonder what happened to Adam Ghaddan.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Wasn't this guy the leader of Al-Qaeda in Iraq?

I could've sworn he was killed years ago...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ben420

No, the Al Qaeda in Iraq guy was Abu Musab al Zarkawi. Granted the two names look a lot alike, but al Zawahiri is an Egyptian and Zarkawi was a Jordanian. Zawahiri has been around for years and was involved in the Islamic Brotherhood in Egypt. I believe he was involved in the assassination of Anwar Sadat. Anyway, many people believe that Zawahiri (a doctor by profession) is the real brains behind Al Qaeda and that Bin Laden is just the money man.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcos Arroyos

Ah, thanks for your enlightening reply

new topics

top topics

join