It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ISP shut me off for my activity...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
They told me it was because a file I downloaded, though I have downloaded hundreds and hundreds of files hundreds of times the size of that file from the same venue.

....Ironically this was right after I made my monthly rounds on ATS.

I've been looking up lots of survival information, due to suspicion that the economy is going to collapse in the next month or two. On top of that, I've been researching becoming the agent of my federal corporate name.

But anyway, I don't really want to make this too conspiratorial. I just want to know what legal standing the ISPs have in monitoring my internet activity. They told me specifically what file made them shut my service off. It was merely a game, and I have downloaded similar files of much bigger size for years and years without any effect.

Do I have legal standing to sue CableOne?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
was the game a pirated copy? then no, i would just let it go. if you push it they have every right to push back and make your life suck. just because you got away with it before doesn't mean you'll never get caught. if it was a demo or free/shareware then yes i would call them on it.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I read through a recently updated Verizon contract, and it was pretty scary. Basically, by accepting the contract, you agree to bend over and take it any way they want to give it to you.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Would it be prudent to mention the ISP? And yeah...read the contract...there's bound to be something there..."for any reason" or such.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i never heard of this kind of procedure, usually they send you a letter saying what you've downloaded, asking you to delete it, and if such activity is repeated they'll terminate the contract.

top topics

join