It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if someone was beheaded in front of you?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
1st degree murder is pre-meditated murder

2nd degree is not pre-meditated

in Canada anyway

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
there's scuttlebutt that some of the other passengers thought they saw the perpetrator eating pieces of the victim's flesh.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by reject]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I have killed and would again. I believe that all Humans should be able to defend themselfs, and/or others with nessary force. That doesn't mean if two people start yell at each other, you shouldn't pull a sidearm, and waist one or both of them.
As the Canadina bus shows that a gun free world will not solve murder. A good person willing and ready to defend another.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Being a female has nothing to do with anything. I know a few girls 5' something no more than 100 lbs, that can do some serious damage. It's all i what you know, and what your resolve is. If you want to learn start with boxing then move tho martial arts.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
People in this world today care only for themselves. Mankind has become so selfish that God will soon place his wrath on this place.
Im not one for killing someone so if I had a gun, Im not sure if I would have shot to kill the criminal or not, depending on how far it had escalated at that point I guess but no I could not sit by and do nothing.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Gun safety not gun control. I also live in GA. My wife makes sure my guns are locked up in the gun safe in the basement because our daughters may touch them. Maybe I just need to hang a sign in front of my home "COME STEAL ME BLIND, MY GUNS ARE LOCKED UP IN A SAFE IN THE BASEMENT AND I CANNOT GET TO THEM IN TIME TO SAFE ANYONE'S LIFE"

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by patrickrpg

Do you really think a woman can kick a man's butt?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
  • You are NOT Chuck Norris.

• Legend.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:31 AM
    link   
    reply to post by manta

I agree. The sad part of it is, get ready for more. Every time something like this happens copycats crawl out nowhere and do worse. I suppose it's to be expected. Our laws seem to have no effect on criminals. In addition, the judicial system is so overwhelmed most cases that make it to trial are always looked at in terms of how much will it cost the taxpayer.
    That young man that was murdered was in a mothers womb for nine months, he was loved by many and taken from us for no reason. Who knows what he could have accomplished in his lefetime? How many lives would he have touched? We should look deeper at ourselves for answers

link   
    This story is truly disturbing. I think it tells a lot about Greyhounds from when I was riding them, most of the people are there for themselves.

I would like to think I would help, I'm the type who goes out of my way to help people but then again if a guy is stabbing someone, I might chicken out.

The guy who did the stabbing was probably on drugs or something.

Colwell praised the "extraordinary" calmness and bravery of the bus driver and passengers.

Whatever.

link   
    great post
    I cant believe the bus passengers just stood and watched while this crazy man was beheading somebody!! i for one would not be able to live with myself if i just watched and did nothing to help that poor man

And for being allowed carry guns im all for that it would cut down the numbers of innocent people being hurt by at least a quater

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:51 AM
    link   
    well if some knife wielding maniac came into my house and threatened every body and i have a gun. I would shoot him but then I would ring up the emergancy services (ambulance)

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:52 AM
    link   
    I'll tell you a little story.

I was out on the town last thursday night, finished drinking, and was on my way home.
    I was on my own, and live in a fairly rough part of my town.
    As I walked down an alley way, I saw two guys beating up some young guy, must have been about 18 or 19.
    Needless to say, you're alot less brave when you're on your own in comparison to when you have mates wit you.
    So I shouted from about 20 metres away, one came over, hood up, baggy clothes, so I put him to ground. Ran over to the other who was smacking this guy on the floor, I pulled him off, grounded him aswell.
    They both got up, I shouted at them and they jogged on.
    I took the kid back to mine, cleaned him up and gave him a cuppa.
    He was very thankful, and I felt really good for doing what I did. They didn't have knives or anything, but I didn't know that at the time.

I don't think I'd have a problem stepping in to help out a fellow Human. Especially if a weapon was involved.

Good thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:00 AM
    link   

Yea, this was simply ridiulous...

I would have started by trying to build up a little bravery in a couple others before I jumped in. But if no one else is brave, I'll just have to jump in myself and that will encourage others. As for passengers we don't know if most were old retirees or something but yea that is just sad.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:03 AM
    link   
    reply to post by TheOmen

Wow you are a very brave person. I know when your on your own and you see someone get beaten up it must take a lot of bravery to do what you did. The world would probably be a better place if we had more people like you

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:04 AM
    link   
    Man, what a situation. Crowded bus, narrow aisles, people fleeing. The problem in any immediate crises: not enough information. So, who can say what they would have done? Well, I can. And since Vasa Croe is asking...

If I saw a man stabbing and beheading a passenger at the back of a bus...I would proceed to the back of the bus (waiting, if I must, for the fleeing mob to exit) bringing my 26 years of okinawan karate training with me and drop kinfe-boy like a sack of rice.

Yes, I hear the skeptics. And they're right. Maybe I would be cut, maybe I would be killed. But I'm going to the back of the bus.

Cold-blooded murder taking place 10 feet away from me???
    In the immortal words of Kramer: "Not on my watch."

And finally I note many people congratulating the survivors for surviving. Fair enough. They survived that day. But I also wonder...that day...in each and every one of them - did not something die?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:28 AM
    link   
    I carry and would like to think that I would take action when something of this nature happens. I had a situation happen to me where I could have taken action to help someone a long time ago when I was young but I was told by a parent not to and that there were others around and that they would help. I never forgave myself for not helping because I knew it was the right thing to do but I listened to my mother. I now know to follow my instinct and to do what is right regardless of who is telling you otherwise.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:04 AM
    link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
    I think most of us would like to think we'd try to help the victim out like this..

...snip vid...

But in reality, I think most people would run for their lives like the passengers did were they ever confronted with a knife or gun wielding foe.

Not my cousin. Someone tried to carjack him at gunpoint and he almost beat the poor sucker to death. He was always a bit crazy though so naturally I taunted him all the time. He usually returned the favor.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:00 AM
    link   

Yo Bro...this happen in Canada....try this stunt on U.S..someone who have capped his ass....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:11 AM
    link   
    Everyone wants to believe there is a hero among us all the time, many dream of being that hero, the truth is that if you found yourself in a situation like this unarmed with a crazed lunatic stabbing another person you would do as the people who were there did.

Batman isn't going to show up!

I witnessed a car accident in Compton California, a woman was trapped in a badly mangled SUV which was crushed under a big truck, the woman was unable to get out, the car was smoking and she was afraid that she was going to be burnt alive. EVERYONE at the scene stood by and watched, some people in their cars stopped just to watch and were actually blocking fire and emergency equipment, she was screaming for help and no one did anything.

She was freed from the wreckage eventually and traffic began to move, I can't help but wonder why no one tried to help, myself included, in those moments of terror for that woman, looking at the crowd watching, I wonder what she thought as she screamed for help and no one responded. There were no heroes, only witnesses and spectators.

Real life is far from the false realities that movies portray. Heroes for the most part only exist in fantasies, movies, or printed fiction. If you believe your fellow citizens will save you in a time of crisis, you better think again.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join