It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if someone was beheaded in front of you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Interesting take on the story on the following blog:
thehappychair.blogspot.com...

Canadian bus murder was victim of a satanic hit job
The recent horrific story of a young man being butchered by being beheaded on a Canadian bus shocked us all and made many of us wonder. What the hell is going on.

http:www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080731164359.ewx3rtpg&show_article=

His blog recently surfaced and can be found here:

profile.myspace.com...

Notice the brutal imagery of violence and satanism of some of the fliers for events.

Ok so what?

Then I also looked into the video on the poor man's website which was by the following group:

Insane Clown Posse.

en.wikipedia.org...
Check this out:

The themes of Insane Clown Posse and other acts on Psychopathic Records center on the mythology of the Dark Carnival, which the duo claim is a spiritual force that has revealed a series of stories known as Joker's Cards. These stories each offer a specific lesson designed to change the "evil ways" of listeners before "the end consumes us all." Insane Clown Posse has a dedicated following, often referred to by the group as Juggalos and Juggalettes.

Reread it carefully and consider if there could be some hidden connection between this talk of 'lessons' and so called 'evil ways' and 'the end consumes all'.

The guy also tagged himself JoKAwiLd! (Joker wild)

What the is going on?

Think about it but please don't have nightmares...

The world is stranger and nastier than we believe.....

The hairs on the back of my neck are standing up.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

What would you do if someone was beheaded in front of you?

run...and then throw up...yeah that is about it.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Fathom]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Fight fire with fire and tell him to keep the noise down.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I agree some would be quicker to jump on the offensive than others, whereas some would never fight and yet others completely freeze or faint. Fighting, fleeing, freezing or fainting all have a single purpose: ensuring our survival. Which strategy is chosen depends on a number of variables, immediate rudimentary assessment of the situation, self image and training are indeed among them. Still, we can't consciously choose to fight just as we can't choose to faint. Predicting how this system would act in ourselves is impossible and criticizing others for their chosen strategy makes little sense.

You are exactly right about not fighting when watching some else being attacked. In most people, the system would never enter a situation detrimental to our own survival. I believe the only way for a human to help another in such a situation is if the system is convinced the risks are low enough. I do not believe in the existence of altruism (helping solely because it's the right thing to do).

Regarding the thought process, I guess it depends on what qualifies as 'a thought'. In case of an FFF-response, conscious thoughts cannot occur because the frontal lobe (where such thoughts occur) is 'shut down' if you will. There is no information entering or exiting this area because this would eat up valuable time which might result in death.

You could indeed argue that the response is not entirely instinctual as instincts tend to be unalterable, so the outcome does rely on certain 'unconscious thoughts' for lack of a better term. We have no direct access to these thoughts however, they originate from the deepest parts of our brain where things like heart rate and body temperature are regulated.

Would the situation have been different if the guy had turned to attack another passenger? Then what would you do? Each passenger would have had time at this point to assess the situation. Would this have made a difference in the decision? I think like you said....some are just wired to do something while others are wired not to.
Everyone is wired to survive. If the attacker turned on another passenger he would be perceived as an even bigger threat and the chance of anyone choosing the fight-strategy would decrease I'd say. Also, the amount of time passed would make little difference. Once the flight-strategy is initiated anyone would have a tough time regaining control before a safe distance is reached.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I would find the fire extinguisher on board.
Then throw a jacket to cover the guy's face to blind him for a second.
Then slam him over the head with the extinguisher.
Repeat as necessary.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Too bad the guy was alone and not with a family member or a friend...then it will have been a different story.

I can't really say what I would have done because it depends of lots of factors like where was the attacker sitting, where was I sitting, did I had a mini pocket knife or weapon, was I sleeping or fully awake when it happen, etc. If I did had a pocket knife and was sitting in the back I might get him if I had the chance either in the neck(unlikely) or in the temple (I know it sounds sick). If I would have been on the front I'll run for my life FACT.
If it would have been a family member or friend and this random guy was hurting them make no mistake about it I would have end his miserable life right there without thinking twice!!

[edit on 1-8-2008 by apk4o7mxb]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
not sure how it would work in canada......

however if I fought with the guy having seen what he'd done or tried to do then I'd only be happy if I had killed him to in order to ensure my complete safety

sadly in the UK, despite the situation, I'd probably be doing a life sentence for that

so these days I simply try and avoid the situations - to get involved in the UK normally results in you getting prosecuted. Far too often I have read about people who have fought back only to be taken to court for assault etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 281011

So true, same goes for The Netherlands. We're not even allowed to attack a burglar in our own house. They must make the first move (make sure there are witnesses to prove this) and only then are you allowed to defend yourself. But not with a dangerous weapon though, even picking up a kitchen knife shows intent to use disproportionate violence which could lead to jailtime.

Even military personnel are sued here for firing their weapon in combat areas like Afghanistan. Still, I suppose this would be the least of my worries when on a crowded bus with a lunatic.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Everyones a hard guy when talking about what they'd do over the internet, i suspect things would be different if you were there in person.

Also, why is everyone ignoring the fact that everyone was off the bus BEFORE he started beheading the guy? Two of the witnesses actually TRIED to get back on the bus and the maniac took a swipe at them.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
Everyones a hard guy when talking about what they'd do over the internet, i suspect things would be different if you were there in person.

Also, why is everyone ignoring the fact that everyone was off the bus BEFORE he started beheading the guy? Two of the witnesses actually TRIED to get back on the bus and the maniac took a swipe at them.

Not necessarily being a hard guy on the internet...I have dealt with that on other forums plenty of times....I actually started one of the top knife and gun forums online. I think there is a tendency to be a keyboard commando for many out there. I can only speak from personal experience when I said that I would engage the attacker....can't speak for anyone else.

Not sure anyone is ignoring that fact, but I think the more pertinent point here is that the attacker stabbed the victim somewhere around 70 times before he decided to deecapitate him....that takes a bit of time to do. The two that tried to get back on the bus would have unfortunately missed the opportunity to do anything helpful and at that point I would agree that the best thing to do would be to keep the attacker contained.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Symer

Just had to say thanks for the intelligent, well thought out response.

I guess I need to rethink some of my previous perceptions about reflex responses to situations. I am sure most would have a flight response to any type of confronting engagement and I can't blame them for this as it is a knee-jerk reaction.

My initial thoughts on this are that the passengers, while waiting for the bus to stop had the time to think this through. They could not have jumped from a moving bus and unless he was located at the very back of the bus some would have had to pass him on their way out. The article says the driver, once he realized what was going, ,brought the bus to a stop and everyone got off. I can't imagine the driver realized this very quickly if the attack happened at the back of the bus, in which case the flight response would have been replaced by thought and terror. I can imagine the passengers were very scared, but from the time the attack started to the time the bus stopped and the passengers exited that would have been ample time to regain control of your thoughts I believe. I could be completely wrong, but having been in adrenalized situations before the thought process does kick back in after a short period of time.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You would probably not know what was going on until it was over. If there were any women onboard, they probably went instant hysterical and started screaming.
Like an instant madhouse.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by son of PC
You would probably not know what was going on until it was over. If there were any women onboard, they probably went instant hysterical and started screaming.
Like an instant madhouse.

I disagree....not the same type of scenario, but anyone that has ever driven a car has probably been in a situation where they had to slam on their brakes. This is a knee-jerk reaction that is also partially "learned behavior" because driving a car is not naturally inherent to the brain and you have to know where the brake pedal is. It is more based on "unconcious thought" as a previous poster mentioned.

At the time you slam on the brakes you know what is going on.....you are about to have a wreck. If you did not know what was going on you would simply hit the car in front of you.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I would not allow it! I just cant comprehend how these ppl would just sit there and do nothing! i think it takes quite awhile to cut someones head off! i would have attacked the man! & i am sick of reading about this topic! -its like david icke say's "create a problem and a solution" -

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You didnt read the story, 3 men stood up to him, locked him in the bus and held him off while he was wielding a knife. I dont know how you would stop an individual that was cool one minute and the next sticking a guy with a knife 50 times, at least they got the others off the bus. I appauld the ppl who kept him restrained until the authorities got there. It helps to read the whole story

Doing the brake thing makes no sense, yea hurt or injury others to maybe help a guy that will bleed to death.. Not an option

[edit on 1-8-2008 by alienj]

[edit on 1-8-2008 by alienj]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I'd vomit. Don't know how I'd react beyond that, though, one of those situations you have to 'be there' to know, I think....

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Whatever happened to doing the right thing, even in the face of danger? Those people could have easily saved that mans life and instead they ran and locked the door!

A bus full of people vs. one man with a knife. Unbelievable.

Save yourself, don't worry about the 19 year old kid being butchered next to you.

Ridiculous and unforgivable.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Oh forgot to say starred and flagged my friend. Thanks for reminding people that sometimes you do the right thing even if it scares the holy living crap out of you.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I would cover my neck, push someone else in the direction of the attacker and scream like a little girl to stop the bus...then act like a big bad man and throw my weight around once the cops arrive! LMAO

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

In a situation like that, I don't think I could be critical of the wittnesses. I mean, c'mon, once the horrific and unthinkable slaughter broke their daydreams and registered in their brains they probably were in a state of shock, themselves. I don't know how old the wittnesses were, etiher. Were they elderly? I certainly don't know how I'd react.
I guess that's why we have "heros".......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join