It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange things are afoot...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I have had a few interesting experiences in the past two days. First, I heard some strange scratching and thumping in the corner of the house last night. I thought it was my roommate in his bedroom. His room is directly above mine. Later he asked me about it so it obviously wasn't him. I never heard this sound in our house before. There are many weird sounds in the house as it is about 100 years old. Just not this sound before. Last night (July 30) I was outside in my back yard looking south at a very bright star, Venus I believe. It was spectacular, way brighter than anything else in the sky. It was so bright I went to get my girlfriend from inside to show her. She too was impressed. Then she asked "What's that?" She was looking northwest and there was something as bright as Venus that hadn't been there a minute ago. It went from standing still to moving pretty fast from the northwest to the southeast, I had to turn all the way around to watch it and it grew in brightness. Then we both saw it just disappear. Gone. When we went inside I discovered white soap flakes all over my bedroom floor. We don't use white soap (I'm a huge fan of hand made soaps). So tonight about the same time (1130) I'm outside smoking and talking to my roommate when I see it again (the light). Again coming from the northwest going to the southeast, from a standstill to a pretty good clip growing brighter then just disappearing. Strange to see it twice in two nights at the same time and same place doing the same thing. At first it reminded me of the spacestation in initial appearance, speed and direction. Problem is the spacestation doesn't disappear. I know late July is a busy time for meteors. I've seen thousands of meteors and a dozen or so fireballs and it didn't remind me of either. MUFON had this report from earlier tonight:

Case ID: 11852
Log Number: US-08012008-0002
Submitted Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 04:41:15 GMT
Event Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 02:35:00 GMT
City: Rocker
Region: Montana
Longitude: -109.83300018310547
Latitude: 46.436100006103516
Shape: Boomerang,Disc,Flash
Distance: Unknown

Description:

I was outside smoking a ciggarette when my neighbors behind me started talking about a wierd object in the sky. I immediatly ran inside and grabbed my binoculars and found the object at a very high altitude moving very quickly accross the cloudless sky. I first spotted the object when it was passing by venus and had a spooky feeling about what I saw. It had a luminous green glow that made it seem bommerrang'ish without binoculars but when looking through the specs multicolored lights were revolving around it consistantly never stopping and the "green" glow was still there only brighter. I dont know if my neighbors took any pictures or not because I didnt. I was to caught up in what I was seeing and am wondering if there is going to be any other witnesses

Its a report from Montana (that's where I live) but the description is wrong. So I checked NUFORC and came up with this:

Montana UFO reports

The second one down is close to what I observed two nights in a row, it occurred last week and its in the general area of the state that I live in (the report is from Whitefish).

It's not the most outrageous story I've heard (or could tell) but all of it together is very strange and I just wanted to share.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
You've got to get yourself out there for a few nights,with a camera. If it's been reported several times,chances are it'll happen again. Be there to film it!!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I plan on trying the next couple nights. It's my weekend, no work, so I can be out later. My camera options stink, cell phone and a basic 35 millimeter. I broke my video camera hiking in Glacier Park a few weeks ago. I'll see if I can borrow one maybe. I'll do my best.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Well,good luck yourrolemodel,hope you manage to get some half decent equiptment. Cell phone footage is usually pants at night. The wolves of ATS will eat it all up.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I saw my husband, or whom I thought was my husband. As I followed him, each time, I got to where he should be, he was gone. It was really strange. I saw him at several locations around the city. As I live and breathe, it was the spitting image of my husband down to the walk, his shirt colour and his trousers,along with his glasses and haircut.

I decided to come back home. The reason I was trying to catch up with him is that I wondered if he was going after the cat food.

It turned out that my husband was in fact here all the time, and was upstairs with my neighbour.

So the person, who answered me and looked exactly like my husband must have been his doppelganger.

Strange things really are afoot. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the man that I saw was my husband, but yet, he was upstairs the whole entire time with my neighbour.

[edit on 1/8/08 by rachel07]

[edit on 1/8/08 by rachel07]

new topics

top topics

join