It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object found in sea off southern Japan today...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
There's a thread like this lalready on ATS, but it's not the same object, and this was a bit back. Less... I think it was strange object off of Greenland.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I had another thought perhaps its not a propane tank , but an avian flu
canister.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Thanks to Internos for clearing this up! Nice work as usual!

I've been struggling to translate the Japanese article!!

Sorry for the wild goose chase!!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
By the way...

Not related, but I've been seeing some interesting 'activity' here in southern Japan. About three months ago, whilst driving with my wife, we both saw what can only be described as a huge golden droplet falling very rapidly to earth. Although quite far off this thing must have been enormous, judging by it's distance from us and the size of the buildings in the foreground...

Then just last week, whilst cycling, I again saw a strange object in the sky. This at first appeared to be a plane but then it's movements suddenly became very erratic - zig-zagging from side to side. It seemed to consisit of a row of five or six multi-coloured lights.

Not sure if any of this is of interest.

I'll keep my camera handy from now on...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
The Nephillim Giants have returned and ... this is the load bar for a roll of toilet paper???

or

Blue Whales disposable douche?

or

The way the mideast will slip a Nuke into a Demcoracy Trojan Horse style...

Ha ha ha! well played sir.

I think it would be a blue wales tampon... just silly

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The plastic-coated steel cylinder, which measures three to four meters in diameter and is marked "Nitrogen-filled," "Warning" and "Vacuum" in both Chinese and English, was first spotted by a fishing boat that was sailing in the area.

Wonder if the Chinese wording is a warning about lead content.

If it fell of a ship one would think someone would notice. Sounds like a giant thermos bottle. (nitrogen and vacuum)

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
These also look like the tubes which hold portable nukes (sounds odd I know)
check around 3:32

www.youtube.com...

Part of their s-400 air defense system,.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
They've found similar things like this before, they looked like they had been in the water for many years. Definitely man-made.

I remember one being posted here that had washed up, just numbers on it. Don't remember what the final outcome was.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
It doesn't appear scorched so I doubt it is from space.

Probably floated away from some offshore platform. Maybe one was damaged in one of the many typhoons over there. Is it steel, fiberglass, aluminum, ? HEre's a larger version of a similar standpipe.

Damn I like your signature...so true.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hmmm, this is extremely peculiar, not the fact that this object is unknown but the fact that it's in Japanese waters and has not been harpooned, brutally murdered and then eaten...(for scientific purposes of course)

Very odd indeed.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
Hmmm, this is extremely peculiar, not the fact that this object is unknown but the fact that it's in Japanese waters and has not been harpooned, brutally murdered and then eaten...(for scientific purposes of course)

Very odd indeed.

clap and whistle

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
4 meters in diameter is roughly 13 feet in diameter.... thats a big friggin tube. deffinately not anything from another planet though. interesting find but not ET buddy.

I can almost garauntee that no ones gonna pick that thing up and it will either float listlessly around the planet or end up sinking.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
13 feet across is about the width of the payload bay of the shuttles.. Yet this object is 25 meters long.....WOW....

The orbiter has a large payload bay measuring 15 feet (4.6 m) by 60 feet (18.3 m) comprising most of the fuselage.

get the stats here...
en.wikipedia.org...

So yeah that is one large object floating around the Oceans.....

my 0.00007 cent worth!!!

[edit on 1-8-2008 by theability]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Grain storage silo, or water tank. Either way, the pic of the vertical looks similar. Sorry folks, no alien artifacts today.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by clanky2008

Im kind of amazed... that your calling this object strange... like its mysterious or something???? The title of your thread indicates that we should be expecting to see some kind of strange object afloat asea. Then up comes the picture of a white cylinder that anyone can put some kind of identification to it. Were you actually at awe of seeing this object???

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I headed the thread 'strange object' because that was a direct translation/interperation at the time...

Sad to see so many negative and borderline racist comments on the thread. Don't you think this site deserves just a little more intelligent dialogue and respect for others of all race?

Just a thought...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The last big one like that was a beer chiller being shipped to a brewery.

Could be anything though.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It's a vertical pressure vessel, most likely used in oil or some other process. If you look at the left end, that is the base ring which is bolted to a base. On the right end you can see a lifting lug which is used to lift the vessel into a vertical position. The marking talking about nitogen is just a warning, there is no beathable air inside because it's a "nitrogen purge" and the vessel would be sealed for this. The purge helps to prevent corrosion while the vessel waits to be put into production.

Most likely it fell off a ship and now someone is gonna pay roughly $60k-$200k to replace this. Depending on internals the cost could be even higher.

FYI I spent too many years drafting up blueprints for these to make a mistake here....I hope lol

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Grayarea]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by YSM85
It's a highly classified experimental Godzilla dildo. Those Japanese are up to something.

I don't know whats worse, the fact that you took the time post your extra special bit of juvenile smutty humor or the fact that your post has the most stars in this thread. Lord knows there a probably 3 or 4 people that want to hear about gigantic lizards masturbating and the tools they use, but ATS really isn't the place for this kind of crap. It really is hard enough trying to be taken seriously already on this site without everyone that has poor impulse control deciding they have too crack a dirty and pointless joke at everything/

What the hell is happening to ATS?!?!?!?!

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Tiloke]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join