It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object found in sea off southern Japan today...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Not sure what people will make of this...

I found the picture today on the Japanese Yahoo! site, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what they might think it could be?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It doesn't seem to be loading

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
the external link to the image doesn't seem to work

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by clanky2008

Do you have the link to the Yahoo article? So we can see the actual source? Thanks!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
My link to the picture doesn't seem to be working!!

I'll try again...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I looked and found nothing. But then again, I do not speak Japanese.

www.yahoo.co.jp...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The Nephillim Giants have returned and ... this is the load bar for a roll of toilet paper???

or

Blue Whales disposable douche?

or

The way the mideast will slip a Nuke into a Demcoracy Trojan Horse style...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I can't seem to find the link again as the news item has shifted to another one...

I have to get to work teaching soon but as soon as possible I'll try to track down the link again! (I'm living and working in roughly the same part of Japan).

I will report back!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Just looks like something that probably fell off a cargo ship or maybe off an oil rig to me

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Probably a booster stage from a rocket, either nasa etc or any of the hundreds that are launched to place satellites into orbit, etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It's a highly classified experimental Godzilla dildo. Those Japanese are up to something.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
The Nephillim Giants have returned and ... this is the load bar for a roll of toilet paper???

or

Blue Whales disposable douche?

or

The way the mideast will slip a Nuke into a Demcoracy Trojan Horse style...

Hilarious

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'll venture to guess a cylinder to hold Gas Propane,natural or other.
lame but best I could do.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
It doesn't appear scorched so I doubt it is from space.

Probably floated away from some offshore platform. Maybe one was damaged in one of the many typhoons over there. Is it steel, fiberglass, aluminum, ? HEre's a larger version of a similar standpipe.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by YSM85

So not cool at all...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Yeah my first thought was that it's part of an oil rig. I figured it's some kind of oil pipe. But that picture of the tower looks right on the money.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by solo1

I dont dont see anything either unless that was a picture of 'the whiteness'. I am so sick of this kind of b.S.,....
, oh never mind sorry guys, see it now. Looks like a storage tank of some kind to me.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by spookjr]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I dont know what you guys are on about, thats clearly a large smarties tube, the wrapper got wet and fell off.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Looks like a Solo Of Some Kind.. A storage container?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I've found an article about it.

Giant mystery cylinder found floating in East China Sea

GOTO, Nagasaki --
An unidentified white cylinder some 25 meters long has been found drifting in the sea off an island here, coast guard officials said.

The plastic-coated steel cylinder, which measures three to four meters in diameter and is marked "Nitrogen-filled," "Warning" and "Vacuum" in both Chinese and English, was first spotted by a fishing boat that was sailing in the area.

The Nagasaki Coast Guard Office is trying to identify the cylinder, and believe it may have been accidentally dropped from a large vessel that was transporting machine parts.

"If the object had contained something like liquid nitrogen, as indicated on its surface, it should have dissipated and there's little danger," said a coast guard office representative.

Officials have attached lights to the cylinder and are alerting fishermen to its presence. They have also been asking the Chinese consulate general and other entities to provide information on the owner of the object.

As of 4 p.m. on Thursday, the cylinder was drifting in the East China Sea, about 30 kilometers north of Fukue Island in Goto. The island is part of the Goto Archipelago.

The unidentified cylinder is seen drifting off Goto, Nagasaki Prefecture. (Photo courtesy of the Nagasaki Coast Guard Office)

mdn.mainichi.jp...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join