It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw hundreds of stars but they were moving in formation...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Glen
reply to post by diana

No I didn't bother to get my camera because it is a crapy 3.2 mega pixel camera and way out of range, they were higher than the planes.

well i have a pretty good video camera and i'm like 20 mins away from you so I will look out tonight and see what i can find!

*******EDIT SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST GUYS************

[edit on 8/2/2008 by diana]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by diana

Hope you catch something. Btw what town do you live in?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I guess this backs up my claims?

FROM MUFON

"On the night of 8/1/08. MY sister, nephew, mother and I where walking the dog at brooklyn Prospect Park at around 10:00 PM. I pointed out that I had been watching the sky for about two years with my little $100.00 telescope and I had never seen so many triangle constellations. Every where we looked in the sky we saw stars. to me this was very strange because I have a very hard time even finding stars in the Light polluted sky of New York City.
Then my mother said " I think the stars are moving" Every one laughed out loud and thought she was crazy! ... But then my sister said " Dude...I think that one just moved"! we all stopped walking and started to look at the one star both my mother and sister saw move.
We could not believe what we were seeing! lots of "stars" Moving in very strange ways. It seemed to be as if they were on a tether and were being moved by the wind, "But how could this be, They are stars" My mother said. We left the park at 12:20 am. the lights were still there when we left.
this is the first time I have ever seen something like this.
Did any one else report seeing these "Stars" moving in NYC. "

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The Glen,

I saw something very similar one evening on a trip while in sedona, AZ.

5 to 7 stars in a formation slowly, almost lazely, drifting in the sky. they suddenly winked out and reappeared elsewhere in the the sky a second later. THey were almost exactly like stars a whitish blue, sometimes they seemed dark electric blue. We didn't notice them until they started to move. We were watching a lightening storm at the time. But we recall that the stars that moved were in the stationary position before they moved for about 15 minutes when they moved it was for maybe a minute and when they reappeared they traveled at the same rate as before but where only visible for maybe 15 seconds before they disappeared behind the horizon.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i wonder if fireworks had anything to do with drawing there attention

i mention it because that earlier post of fireworks

the night my sighting took place we had lite fireworks of about 2 hours earlier

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Holy crap I just saw one again but this time there was only one. About 3 hours ago I went outside in the backyard again to see if those star objects were back. I happened to stare at this one star for 15 seconds then it started moving very slowly! It was moving down in altitude for about a minute then it vanished in thin air..

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Seems to me like you guys need to rule out some things and see if it doesn't lead you to some kind of conclusion. Foremost the appearance and behavior of the lights. Don't generalize anything and be very detailed. Try to rule out anything that may seem like a personal perception, as if you may have saw it because of your physical state. Include any environmental factors, try to state the obvious without making any exaggerations. Put things on a time line, and state things progressively. What specific movements did they make, did they interact? Objectively, or questionably. Any sounds and if none what other sounds at the time. Animals, behavior of the environment weather and such. Did the lights move up and down, at incredible speeds, maneuver in a way that would defy gravity. That sort of thing. Natural phenomenon can be explained in a number of ways. There are other explanations, and not everything is a UFO, use your head. If your going to tell other people, try to rule out other possibilities. I haven't gotten a link to any photos or video yet either. Just some food for thought, anything?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakngeckos
Seems to me like you guys need to rule out some things and see if it doesn't lead you to some kind of conclusion. Foremost the appearance and behavior of the lights. Don't generalize anything and be very detailed. Try to rule out anything that may seem like a personal perception, as if you may have saw it because of your physical state. Include any environmental factors, try to state the obvious without making any exaggerations. Put things on a time line, and state things progressively. What specific movements did they make, did they interact? Objectively, or questionably. Any sounds and if none what other sounds at the time. Animals, behavior of the environment weather and such. Did the lights move up and down, at incredible speeds, maneuver in a way that would defy gravity. That sort of thing. Natural phenomenon can be explained in a number of ways. There are other explanations, and not everything is a UFO, use your head. If your going to tell other people, try to rule out other possibilities. I haven't gotten a link to any photos or video yet either. Just some food for thought, anything?

How about you look at the new thread with pics then I'll answer your questions.
It's on the home page.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by The_Glen]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It seems like your letting too may environmental factors rule out any possibilities. No one is going to question what you saw, they want to know what it is you did see. I would have to see more before making any judgments, can someone drop a link? I don't think these things exist seeing as though I have yet to find a link. Rule these things out, don't just state that they were there. How do you know what it wasn't? Rule out all possibilities. Get some video for starters.

Link please!?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by freakngeckos]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
tonight I saw something very strange and I know I wasn't just seeing things either because it wasn't just me and there was more than one.

So tonight it was nice out and I decided to ask my mom if she wanted to go look at the stars. we sat outside for a while and I tried to think about some of the names of the constellations from my astronomy class when I noticed a light moving across the sky. at the time a plane was also crossing the sky so I knew it wasn't a plane because it was to far away and didn't flash. I asked my mom if she saw it and then she said yes. the object very slowly got dimmer and then vanished. after wondering what it was for a while we continued to look up at the stars. then a very bright star that had been in the sky since we went outside started moving and did the same thing as the other one. we kept looking to see if there were anymore and I noticed two of them moving in a perfect line across the sky.

I know it wasn't a plane, it was too far away. It wasn't a comet, two fast, and more than one. It wasn't a satellite, moving too fast, and too big, too bright, too many, didn't disappear along sides. wasn't an asteroid to slow and got dimmer instead of brighter. It was something, though. I've never seen this happen before, but my dad said he has in Canada, and he told us this after we saw it. it wasn't just mass hysteria, or my mind because I've never even heard of this before and it was moving across the sky, across the other stars, very far.

I wonder what it was, really, no cover ups no lies just the truth

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Remember, Chicagoland is home to two of the largest Natl Labs in the Midwest! Makes ya wonder WTF they actually do there? They gotta be bored with colliding particles by now.

LOL, that has to be the most hillarious comment I have seen in a while. I wonder what will happen when the LHC Staff becomes bored? Maybe they'll toss some Blackholes into Space just for fun. I wouldn't beef with them, they might toss some Anti-Matter at your Place of Residence as well.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I'm so glad I found this thread...I've been hoping to find someone with a similar experience to what happened to myself and a friend while we were camping with our children near Galveston, Texas in the summer of 2000.

My friend saw a bright green rectangle in the sky (I turned to look because of her facial expression and saw a glimpse of it) and then we watched the stars scroll across the sky (!) for several minutes.

We lost time and the tide seemed wonky also.

I asked her to describe her memories of that night, and here is what she wrote (her description of the green thing has been edited here for brevity):

I remember that we were in our chairs on the sand facing the water, and we were talking. We were angled in such a way that my back was not completely to the water but more so than you. The kids were inside the van watching "Jaws" and it was about 11 pm. We had been talking for awhile, but not longer than the length of the movie... I looked up in the sky behind you (very high up), and I saw a bright green rectangle in the clouds. It moved for a second and then disappeared (no, not behind a cloud). It then reappeared what would be about four inches away if I were to measure by my thumb and index finger held up to the previous position of the object. It then reappeared and sat there for a minute. Then it was completely gone. You saw the look on my face before I said a word. You did not turn around, but you said, "What? What are you looking at?", so I guess I had some look of amazement or shock or something. By that split second that you did turn around, it was (of course) gone...

After that, you noticed the sky. You said something about the stars moving. I wasn't really listening because I wanted to keep looking at that same spot I saw. Finally I turned my head so that I could see straight above us, and eventually I turned the chair to the same position you were in (completely facing the ocean). The sky at first glance seemed like there was a tremendous amount of stars. Then you said why are they moving like that? The sky seemed to start moving like a scroll with the stars rolling quickly across. We kept watching and trying to figure out what we were seeing. You asked if we were being invaded by planes or something. I said, no because there could not possibly be that many at once. It was moving from the ocean, over our heads and onward behind us. The sky kept "moving". I do not know how many minutes we watched, and then finally it stopped. It seemed like the whole time from what I saw to what we saw together was no more than about five or so minutes. We looked at each other in bewilderment and decided it was too freaky outside. We decided to head to the van for the night. When we looked inside, the movie had stopped and all the kids were asleep. You looked at the time and you said in suprise that it was 3am! We thought we had only been out there for about half that time (about the time of a movie instead of four hours). We felt very tired and found somewhere in the van to sleep. I did not sleep well because it had rained after that. I also kept hearing the waves, and I kept telling you I was worried. You were trying to sleep, and you told me to sleep because everything was fine. When we finally woke up the next morning, the tide had come in and the van had water around it. We had to try to drive on the wet sand out of the water back to the main road. Much of the beach had water over it, so we had to drive around the water to get back. I thought we were going to get stuck in the sand or something. We saw the same thing at the same time, and there was no power of suggestion here. Whenever I saw the stars moving across the sky, it had definitely taken my attention away from what I previously saw. I still do not know what it was we were seeing that night

Any ideas? This was 2000, and supernatural things began happening to both of us after this.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Miss_Murphy]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miss_Murphy
I'm so glad I found this thread...I've been hoping to find someone with a similar experience to what happened to myself and a friend while we were camping with our children near Galveston, Texas in the summer of 2000.

My friend saw a bright green rectangle in the sky (I turned to look because of her facial expression and saw a glimpse of it) and then we watched the stars scroll across the sky (!) for several minutes.

We lost time and the tide seemed wonky also.

I asked her to describe her memories of that night, and here is what she wrote (her description of the green thing has been edited here for brevity):

I remember that we were in our chairs on the sand facing the water, and we were talking. We were angled in such a way that my back was not completely to the water but more so than you. The kids were inside the van watching "Jaws" and it was about 11 pm. We had been talking for awhile, but not longer than the length of the movie... I looked up in the sky behind you (very high up), and I saw a bright green rectangle in the clouds. It moved for a second and then disappeared (no, not behind a cloud). It then reappeared what would be about four inches away if I were to measure by my thumb and index finger held up to the previous position of the object. It then reappeared and sat there for a minute. Then it was completely gone. You saw the look on my face before I said a word. You did not turn around, but you said, "What? What are you looking at?", so I guess I had some look of amazement or shock or something. By that split second that you did turn around, it was (of course) gone...

After that, you noticed the sky. You said something about the stars moving. I wasn't really listening because I wanted to keep looking at that same spot I saw. Finally I turned my head so that I could see straight above us, and eventually I turned the chair to the same position you were in (completely facing the ocean). The sky at first glance seemed like there was a tremendous amount of stars. Then you said why are they moving like that? The sky seemed to start moving like a scroll with the stars rolling quickly across. We kept watching and trying to figure out what we were seeing. You asked if we were being invaded by planes or something. I said, no because there could not possibly be that many at once. It was moving from the ocean, over our heads and onward behind us. The sky kept "moving". I do not know how many minutes we watched, and then finally it stopped. It seemed like the whole time from what I saw to what we saw together was no more than about five or so minutes. We looked at each other in bewilderment and decided it was too freaky outside. We decided to head to the van for the night. When we looked inside, the movie had stopped and all the kids were asleep. You looked at the time and you said in suprise that it was 3am! We thought we had only been out there for about half that time (about the time of a movie instead of four hours). We felt very tired and found somewhere in the van to sleep. I did not sleep well because it had rained after that. I also kept hearing the waves, and I kept telling you I was worried. You were trying to sleep, and you told me to sleep because everything was fine. When we finally woke up the next morning, the tide had come in and the van had water around it. We had to try to drive on the wwater around it. We had to try to drive on the wet sand out of the water back to the main road. Much of the beach had water over it, so we had to drive around the water to get back. I thought we were going to get stuck in the sand or something. We saw the same thing at the same time, and there was no power of suggestion here. Whenever I saw the stars moving across the sky, it had definitely taken my attention away from what I previously saw. I still do not know what it was we were seeing that night

Any ideas? This was 2000, and supernatural things began happening to both of us after this.

Interesting we might of saw something similar except I didn't see a green triangle. I made a new thread with pics I took of these stars moving. It's worth a look
It's a couple threads down from this one.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
this person is not mistaken. u have to have the 'third eye' to be able to see certain things. its not make believe. its time for people to wake up and understand that there are so many real things beyond the fake world that they are indulged in now. many people dont want to believe because that means discarding everything you have neeb taught in every lesson during school, college, uni. in all life!

the same thing can happen if you look into any light. first begin with the candle. watch it, try to place your third eye on it. you will then see the light behind the physical flame separate from itself. when it does this it will float around the room, onto you just anywhere! scientist try to tell you not to look into the sun directly...why do you think this is??? so after you have tried the candle, do it with the sun. u will be shocked. stare directly in the sun for around five minutes. what will happen is the rays will disappear making it better for your eyes. you will see an image like the moon (i.e not as bright as the sun). what you can then do is go into a quiet room quickly after and stare with your third eye onto a wall or clear blackground. you will see a green light and sometimes a blue light appear. this light will not fade! if you stare directly onto your arm or any part of your body, the light will actually climb through you and when it descends up your limbs, they feel different. there are no words to describe. try it yourself. there are so many things that you people do not know because information and the disclosure of it in this world is so abundant.

there is also a way to make things which have been iluminated form back into the physical. the sun light (light) is the key. thats why stars can also come to life. the shooting stars can appear in several colours, the one that came to my bedroom window was green. you know them as shooting stars. they are actually souls. when i saw mine, a man came up to me the very next day in the evening and saw me with my child. he was excited and said that his son was born that day. before he could say anything else, i told him that i knew. i told him it was about 5am in the morning. he couldnt believe it. he was stunned. he said how did i know. i just smiled. because folks, when you know, you just know. when god personally reveals his name to you, everything begins to come clear. i have so much to tell, and no 1 to tell it to. they have kept these things secret for toooooo long. its time for people to know the truth.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ive seen loads of star like objects drifting across the sky. Ive since learned that they are most likely satellites. Though Ive never heard of a hundred in formation with each other.

Is it not possible that the formations you were seeing were birds?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
In order to eliminate all mundane possibilities, I think you have to at least consider some before convincing yourself that you've seen something ultra-remarkable.

The most obvious possibility in my view is a large flock of migratory birds. Now before people start shouting 'too high' or 'not at night', please do some research. Migratory birds do indeed travel at night. They invariably arrange themselves in long, V-shaped formations, often with several 'leaders'. They use markers like the Moon in their direction finding. They may also reach incredible heights, particularly the larger aquatic species. And did they actually look like stars? Were they self-luminous like stars, or did they seem to be lit from below? Illumination of birds by reflected city lights is commonplace, giving them an eerie silent appearance. They are often too high for their wing beats to be discernable by eye or using a typical camcorder. In fact they can look exactly like the 'UFO fleets' seen in Mr Moussen's videos.

So, please research all possible mundane explanations before convincing yourself that is was something out of this world.

WG3

[edit on 2-12-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What comes to my mind when I see these threads is Dana Carvey doing Bush on Saturday Night Live saying " a thousand points of light"

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Now this is Odd because a few months ago my best friend called me frantic at around 11:00 pm in Bay City MI and told me that she was getting ready for bed and she looked out her big bedroom window and saw stars moving in the sky. She said they were blue and there was quite a few. Now like i said she sounded like she was flipping out over this so I ran outside. I live about 7 blocks from her with her on the phone staring into the night sky on the sidewalk and I did not see nothing. So within about 5 to 10 mins they were gone. I told her maybe you seen some clouds rolling and thought you saw stars moving but she said no, They were moving. I believe her cause i know what i have seen myself. i will let her know about this post and she will be happy that shes not nuts.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
strange star formation.....

bogor, indonesia oktober 2008

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Great, even the stars are high tailin it outta here!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join