It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hospital Doctor Slams Obama, Canceled Visit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Danny Jazarevic, who served as the Chief of Trauma, Critical Care and Vascular Surgery at Landstuhl, issued the following statement on Barack Obama's canceled visit to Ramstein and Landstuhl

Last week, Senator Obama skipped a visit with wounded U.S. troops at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany because the Pentagon would not allow campaign staff or media to accompany him into the hospital. I served as director of trauma surgery at that hospital for nearly four years and saw the effect that a visit from a celebrity like Senator Obama could have on morale. During that time, I do not recall a single member of Congress canceling a visit with the troops despite being just a few hours away, but Senator Obama seems to have been more concerned with how the visit would affect him than how it would affect the soldiers recovering from wounds received in the service of their country

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Ok, so first of all, this guy is a FORMER surgeon there. He isn't there now, wasn't there during the time the trip was originally scheduled for, and hasn't been there in a while.

So what is he doing now? Oh, looks like he is running as a Republican for the House of Florida!

I smell a rat.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
reply to post by jetxnet

Ok, so first of all, this guy is a FORMER surgeon there. He isn't there now, wasn't there during the time the trip was originally scheduled for, and hasn't been there in a while.

Especially since he is busy Running as a Republican for the House of Florida!

I smell a rat.

Good call.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I think Henry Kissinger summed up the mentality the best.
"American military personnel are nothing but grunts to be used up in America's Foreign Policy"

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by solo1
I think Henry Kissinger summed up the mentality the best.
"American military personnel are nothing but grunts to be used up in America's Foreign Policy"

You don't find it a bit odd, that McCain himself canceled a visit to troops for the same reason, AND this Dr J character is running as a Republican for the House in Florida?

How ya figure?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
let's just be conservatives and omit the fact that Obama himself has "visited the troops" numerous times before.

Let's just be conseratives and omit the fact that McCain, himself, canceled a trip to visit the wounded troops.

And lets be conservatives and USE THE TROOPS as political pawns by accusing democrats as using troops as political pawns.

How about we act like adults, and stop using the troops as political bait and satire?

Works for me.
But i guess that would leave some without material to create new threads :shk:

[edit on 8/1/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
let's just be conservatives and omit the fact that Obama himself has "visited the troops" numerous times before.

He didn't this time and it appears it was because he wouldn't be on camera.

Let's just be conseratives and omit the fact that McCain, himself, canceled a trip to visit the wounded troops.

Can you please stop lumping all conservatives into this group of liars and swindlers you've created? The fact is that all politicians are liars and crooks...even your pretty boy Obama. They will say or do ANYTHING to get elected...if you believe one word of what any of them say while campaigning, you're delusional. Look at all of the promises the dems made in 2006...these promises helped them secure congress. How many of those promises have been acted on?

To address your point...two wrongs don't make a right. Was it wrong for McCain to not visit the troops, but OK for Obama? Or were they both wrong? One point that's not being mentioned in your argument is that McCain's trip was a taxpayer funded trip on official business. Landstuhl was never on the agenda for the trip. It was on Obama's agenda and he skipped it.

And lets be conservatives and USE THE TROOPS as political pawns by accusing democrats as using troops as political pawns.

You're really not trying to suggest that the left doesn't use the troops for political purposes are you?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
We all know that Barack Obama canceled his visit with the wounded servicemen because the Pentagon told him he couldn't go.

I can only imagine how disruptive it would have been to have so many bodyguards, cameramen, and reporters all in one ward! Barack was simply concerned for the soldiers peace of mind and their need to rest.

As a concession, he did allow several soldiers the privilege of watching him play basketball and workout. I'm sure just his presence was enough to lift their flagging spirits. To claim his cancellation was a selfish act on his behalf, is totally inconceivable. Shame on you for even suggesting such a thing!

[edit on 1-8-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I'm detecting a hint of sarcasm....forgive me for my presumptuous nature, llyod, but you normally don't speak out in favor of 2 sided arguments

To Jetx

I ask you - Does McCain not showing up - either - have any effect on your decision?

Could this not be considered a "non-issue" ?

There are wounded troops all over the world. Why not make every presidential campaign a "visit the troops" tour-de-france.

We could hold the election debates at a local VA hospital

The candidates could show up in big fluffy too-too's

Oh - lets not forget that they havent visited the americans who pay taxes who are suffering from Cancer and Bonemarrow disease

They're American's too, ya know.

Why arent they merited a visit?

top topics

join