It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we make it to a Type 1 Civilization?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The Kardashev scale is a general method of classifying how technologically advanced a civilization is. It was first proposed in 1964 by the Soviet astronomer Nikolai Kardashev. The scale has three designated categories called Type I, II, and III. These are based on the amount of usable energy a civilization has at its disposal, and the degree of space colonization. In general terms, a Type I civilization has achieved mastery of the resources of its home planet, Type II of its solar system, and Type III of its galaxy.

en.wikipedia.org...

We would be a Type 0 Civilization in transition to a Type 1.

Here's some interesting info on this:
destinationtype1.blogspot.com...

Here's a video by Dr. Michio Kaku.
www.youtube.com...

What do you think of Type 1, 2 and 3 Civilizations?

Will we make it to a Type 1 Civilization?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Very interesting to think we could be able to make it to a type 3... But it all comes down to if we can take care of our planet. We need to be self-sufficient and take control of rapidly-spinning out of control resource depletion.

Many people do not realize it, but we are burning through so many reasources as we speak.

The rainforest loses miles and miles a day, our waters are polluted, oil is being depelted at an alarming rate, and what scares me the most it, how much do we have in our mineral mines?

copper, zinc, gold, silver, Aluminum, Iron, Tin, Nickel.

They are essential to all forms out the Western World. They are the building blocks of our society. These our the minerals to coat our metals, and provide electronic materials.

Gold is essential to lots of electronic equipment. But the questions is, how much is there really let for us to use?

When will be use these?

Then where will we get our fresh water, and restore the rain forest.

I hope we will solve these problems in our (mine) next generation.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Excellent question and one of the most relevant too.

As Michio Kaku has stated before , the last 100 years are always the most dangerous times for a planet that is moving closer to a type 1 Society. We now possess the power to kill, and not just one time per person, no we have the ability to blow up this and 25 other planets just like it in our Galaxy over 700 times.

***First we have to become civilized.***

It was only in the last century people like Hitler, Stalin and Mao, were being blessed by the priests and popes and they in turn were being given absolute power to control. The priests and the politicians. They are the greatest danger to our evolutionary flow.

Then by creating no more fractions or separation and eliminating fear, we be free in all dimensions simultaneously.

It will likely happen, in this life time again our planet our Universe, it is expanding, growing opening like a flower, alive. The one constant is movement and change, it will likely happen that we also move and open.

join