It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has flag removed from his jet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Presidential cantidate senator Obama just had a $500,000 overhaul to his campaign jet.He has taken the American flag off the tail section and replaced it with a red white and blue logo.I don't understand what message he is trying to relate to us by removing our nations flag.I feel that he does not respect the flag that so many have died to protect.

www.airliners.net...

www.suntimes.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
first link didnt work,sorry.Maybe this one will.

www.airliners.net...&tbl=photo_info&photo_nr=1&sok=WHERE__%28photographer_%3D_%27Rob_Olewinsk i%27%29_&sort=_order_by_photo_id_DESC_&prev_id=&next_id=1348632

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
On thing the military has taught me is that when the flag is waving, it's a symbol of our country, but when it is used in protests or is being burned, it's merely a piece of cloth. You don't have to be offended by a person's freedom of speech.

And for Obama's use of Red White and Blue instead of the flag, remember it's just a cloth. What it represents is the ideals. you don't need to have a million flags just to show that you have as much patriotism as the next guy.

And well I just studied the picture and it shows the colors, but also a sunrise. It's simply portraying "change" as in a "New Dawn" for America. don't see anything Unpatriotic about it.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Dr. Frank Spinelli]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Frank Spinelli

It struck me as odd that a man running for office as commander and chief,not only refuses to place his hand over his heart during the pledge,he removes the flag from his campagin jet.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That was the national Anthem. You do not have to hold your hand over your heart for the National Anthem, only the pledge of Allegiance. I have never held my hand over my heart for the National Anthem ever and I am just as much of a patriot.

I was never taught to perform the civilian salute ever during the National Anthem, and this is coming from a man who went to Military School.

thinkonthesethings.wordpress.com...

top topics

join