It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met someone new on a business outing.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The company I work for had a business outing were I met many people from different stores of the business. I met a few girls there one that I was really interested in. Her and her friend both said they really like me, and that I was really smart and had much potential. I assume they meant business/work wise. They were both managers each of two different stores. I am just a backup department manager in one of the stores. I had to ride up with the girls to hotel we were all staying at for a business class, for four days. I talked with them a little on the way up. The three of us went out for dinner every night, and talked.

The girl I like, I just loved her personality and liked her for who she is. She isn't the most attractive girl ever but I like her for her wonderful positive, sweet personality more. I got to know her a little bit, and one night when us and a few other people were outside drinking around a little table, she came out with *my name* has me, *my name* has me. I wasn't sure if what she meant had to do business, or if that was a hint on liking me back.

While we were in class she was sitting a few seats down from my right, and when she got up and walked by me to go use the rest room I got this wonderful smell of her perfume, so when she sat back down, I sent her a text saying you smell wonderful, what kind of perfume are you wearing? She obviously replied back telling me what kind it was. After the text she got her perfume out of her purse and sprayed some more on. I was wondering if she did that to tease me. I never said anything else about it.

I just got these vibes from her that made me feel like she did like me as well, and couldn't help but think about her all night I couldn't go to sleep. I questioned myself over and over, why am I feeling this way, especially for someone I just met. Asking myself why did I get these vibes thinking she liked me.

The bad thing is she has a boyfriend. So I re framed from doing to much flirting with her. As I have respect for her. She told me to call her if I needed anything but I am not sure if I should call her or not because she has a boyfriend, and am not sure on if she really likes me or not.

I thought about calling her and starting off about business, and asking if she needed help at her store and if she did call me and I'd help out as I know she would let me do that, she has told me to come work with someone else at her store just to have me there. And then I would work my way into telling her if you get bored and needed someone to talk to call me, or if you wanted to go out and have some fun as friends let me know.

But the worse she could say is no right? I do realize their are other women out there like her. But it seems that most of them are to hard to find.

I don't know how to explain it, but I get these vibes from her that just makes me wonder if she does like me. I think if she didn't have a boyfriend she would. I could be wrong but that is just what I got from her. Her friend did tell me that she said I was a great guy and was very sweet, in front of her.

Anyone have any enlightenment for me? Maybe I should just leave this one alone for now as she is taken. I'll just see what happens when I go to her store to train.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Integrity is not just a word, it is something a person choose to practices in their everyday life or they choose not to.

In this instance, this woman has a partner. Whether they be married or not, almost broken up, or at any stage of the relationship, the reality is if it were you i imagine you would not like another man flirting and trying to get your partner into a relationship or with a view to maybe doing so.

Do you want to be a guy who goes after another man's girl? I acknowledge that you really like this girl, but in reality there are so many other people out there who you will meet and potentially click with.

Also, what does it say about a person, considering that she is in a relationship, if she were to get into a relationship with you?

Let it go.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You could always ask her out, but I think this is a case of harmless flirting on her part. Since you don't work with her or really see her, she figured there would be no harm in flirting with you since it can't go anywhere. Just a guess.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Perhaps the best route is to simply tell her that it is a travesty that she has a boyfriend because you find her to be (insert all the things you said in your op). Then tell her that she should call you if things don't work out between her and the boyfriend.

I do agree that you don't want to actively pursue someone else's partner as you would not want that to happen to you but I also believe in the power of love and attraction.

For the record, I first spotted my wife in an elevator. she was with a couple of friends and, at some point in the night, I managed to locate her (huge charity event) and after talking for most of the night she left the part to go have dinner with me.

She later told me she was with her boyfriend. seems he was on the committee for the party so she met him there. I had no clue at the time and probably wouldn't have approached her had I seen her with him.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Yep, many, many women do this - purposely pit their bf against other guys, and may the best guy win......

Even worse, the social expectation seems to be that, as a guy, you're supposed to go ahead and try to seduce and steal other guys' women. I mean, I have actually been called "chicken", "loser", "bas
", "as
" etc, for purposely avoiding these types of women, who already have bfs or husbands.

Life is strange

And cruel!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Stay in touch with her...

You never know what can happen...

But dont activly presue another mans girl... thats bad Karma...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I have decided to let it go. We have text a little bit back and forth, and it just really isn't going anywhere, which I totally understand why. She acts like she is interested but at the same time shows signs she isn't. As in, sometimes when I have text her she never responds back. I asked her out for a nice dinner one night, and she said would find out if she was available or not and would get back with me. She never did. But at the same time I am not mad and I can not be mad because she does have a boyfriend. So I must be respectful. I don't want her to think I am a guy who doesn't have respect for women. Which I do, I just let the attraction/feeling's get to me sometimes when I shouldn't.

I have learned much from you all that have posted to my other threads. I have calmed down alot, and made better decisions about people I meet. I have let go of others that I have posted about and learned to try and look for someone that isn't going to use me.

But thanks for the responses guys.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
She later told me she was with her boyfriend. seems he was on the committee for the party so she met him there. I had no clue at the time and probably wouldn't have approached her had I seen her with him.

Well man, I am happy that you met your wife. You were at the right place at the right time. Good timing! It worked out for the best I hope. If you don't mind me asking, did the situation with her and boyfriend at the time end pretty well, you didn't get into any fights or anything did you? Hopefully not.

Anyways, I enjoy reading most of your posts Crakeur. By the way what does your wife think of you being a mod on a site like this? Lol. Most people tell me I am nuts for using this site.

new topics

top topics

join