It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quinnipiac - Swing States Tightening Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Quinnipiac released the new poll today. They're quite surprising, McCain has gained 7 points in Pennsylvania in the last month. Ohio and Florida show Obama by 2 points, but the margin of error is higher than that...so they're deadlocked.

July 31 Polls

With likely voters concerned more about energy than the war in Iraq, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama's recent tour apparently didn't help, as Arizona Sen. John McCain gained on the Democratic front- runner in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, according to simultaneous Quinnipiac University Swing State polls released today.

Florida and Ohio are now too close to call. No one has been elected President since 1960 without taking two of these three largest swing states in the Electoral College. Results from the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University polls show:
Florida: Obama has 46 percent to McCain's 44 percent, compared to a 47 - 43 percent Obama lead June 18;
Ohio: Obama has 46 percent to McCain's 44 percent, compared to a 48 - 42 percent Obama lead least time;
Pennsylvania: Obama leads McCain 49 - 42 percent, compared to 52 - 40 percent.

Ohio and Pennsylvania voters are now more concerned about gas prices than the war in Iraq.

Something surprising...McCain is winning the independent vote in florida.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Good to hear.

I'm surprised anyone in PA is voting for Obama after he told them they would "cling to their guns and religion".

They shouldn't let him dis-respect them like that.

Have you learned to speak Spanish yet so Obama isn't embarrassed by that?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Good to hear.

I'm surprised anyone in PA is voting for Obama after he told them they would "cling to their guns and religion".

They shouldn't let him dis-respect them like that.

Have you learned to speak Spanish yet so Obama isn't embarrassed by that?

I'm in the process of learning hindi. Not to impress Obama, but because my company is starting to offshore heavily and I thought it would be an asset.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Pennsylvania! Wow - I wonder when is the last time a Republican candidate ever took PA? Wonder if it will be this year?

On a side note, when you mentioned the margin of error being higher than the gains, I had to wonder if maybe the liberal media keeps raising the margin of error to match each time McCain gains in the polls.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
That would've been 1988. It's been tightening up every year though.

In 1992, Clinton by 9 points.
In 1996, Clinton by 10.
In 2000, Gore by 4.
In 2004, Kerry by 2.5.
In 2008, ??.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What? Are you sure the Republicans or Rush Limbaugh didn't tamper with these results? I have read so many times on this site that Obama had this in the bag and that McCain was no match for Obama. I find this hard to believe. Not really, people are just starting to see that Obama is just like McCain and Bush- just another politician who wants your vote.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The race is kind of starting to look like the tortoise and the hare, eh?

We have Obama, the rabbit, who's flashy and takes a big lead.

Lumbering slowly behind is a geriatric turtle, McCain, LOL.

top topics

join