It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman dark knight is brain washing you !!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
I went to see Batman dark knight last night and 3/4 way though the movie of was STOCKED to see the movie being used cheap effort to try and justify the use of big brother surveillance on a innocent public. Batman has this massive array of monitors all able to view people every movements by sonar, but Morgan Freeman character tells batman "this is very very wrong and i strongly disagree ont to mention will quit if the equipment is in our office". Batman justifies the big brother surveillance by saying "Its only for this one time to catch the joker and once he is caught i will dismantle the equipment" so Morgan Freeman character agrees and uses the surveillance equipment to help batman.

I guess if Batbush...i mean Batman uses illegal surveillance its ok ?, its scary how movies
desensetise us to whats ahead in our future.

[edit on 7/31/2008 by kinglizard]

Actually, it was like that in the first place. They used it to justify a means to an end. However, if you truly watched the movie then you also realized that Lucious Fox submitted his resignation if Bruce decided to keep that kind of power. So, in essence the movie was NOT brainwashing people into feeling that the big brother monitoring is a good thing. The movie stated QUITE plainly that it is not accepted. Thus, in the end, Lucious Fox destroyed the monitoring system.

Yes, it was used but YES (a big yes) it was shown as something bad and unacceptable.

Sorry, your headline is misleading if this is your reasoning for the brain washing.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I agree. I completely forgot about that. Any argument for the surveilance being brainwashing is now null.

However, what about the marshall law being issued?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I thought this was a great movie!!!
The Joker played by Keith Ledger really impressed me!!

HE was one really badass joker! A true villain!

The joker played by Jack N. Was great! And I didnt think anyone could out do Jack.. But the Keith Joker, was not only much tuffer, but far more crazy!! And he pretty much out did the Batman at every turn!!

Batman would not have been able to defeat the Joker if it was not for Batman breaking the rules.. Which was an undertone to what is going on today.. I prefer the Joker over Batman at this point, becasue the Joker didnt have all that fancy Tech.. Only a mind of chaos!! And he was a serious badass!!! To bad Keith Ledger died.. He would have made a great second Joker..

I told myself I didnt think anyone could play a better joker Than Jack.
But I was wrong, and highly impressed with this movie!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
you would have to say that all the mainstream hero's are out to brain wash everyone, why would you stop at batman?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
I went to see Batman dark knight last night and 3/4 way though the movie of was STOCKED to see the movie being used cheap effort to try and justify the use of big brother surveillance on a innocent public. Batman has this massive array of monitors all able to view people every movements by sonar, but Morgan Freeman character tells batman "this is very very wrong and i strongly disagree ont to mention will quit if the equipment is in our office". Batman justifies the big brother surveillance by saying "Its only for this one time to catch the joker and once he is caught i will dismantle the equipment" so Morgan Freeman character agrees and uses the surveillance equipment to help batman.

I guess if Batbush...i mean Batman uses illegal surveillance its ok ?, its scary how movies
desensetise us to whats ahead in our future.

Um.. You must have missed the part where Morgan Freeman logs out after he catches the Joker and the database blows itself up.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
can i seriously know how stocked you are??

but on a serious note i think what the op is trying to say is that batbush (how do you get bush mixed up with man
:lol
... srry batman used the equipment once to get one guy on one occasion, which is exactly what big brother would do.

"Oh we just have to use this surveillance equipment temporarily to catch the terrorists"

either the terrorists (joker) never get caught, or big brother is in a powerful enough position to do keep it going once the terrorists are gone

i don't know maybe they are trying to tell everyone that this will happen but don't worry eventually it will be taken out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join