It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How could we possibly have evolved from apes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ok.

here i am, 2:30am ish..in the uk.

and im thinking about the whole evolution thing.

here is THE question.

we were once apes ? yes/no ?

how is that possible ?

so basically we are an advanced species of ape ?

so, are we to believe that the SAME species, has somehow evolved at different speeds ?

help a guy that thinks to much out here

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
No modern evolutionist ever said we evolved from apes.

Anyone who says such a thing has obviously never read a single thing about evolution.

We can't help enlighten you if you have NO frame of reference for the topic.

Vas

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
We have very close dna

we are not direct descendents apes are the closest living animal to humans

there were definetly several descendent that died out completely that we are connected like cromagnaman, caveman etc

there may be a lot more links that are missing

In my opinion the intelligents of theses species was not enough to gain a stronghold

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
so our DNA is different.

can DNA evolve

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

DNA is the building blocks for your body. And yes, it can change.
If you look at some of the people you meet on a daily basis you can see the fairly large gene pool of humanity.
There are differences between races, of course. Different varieties of humans have fairly obvious (and significant if mostly unnoticeable) differences based on where they adapted.

For one thing, if DNA didn't change, people would all look pretty similar, there'd be no real way to tell apart Africans, Hispanics, Caucasians, Asians, ect.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
First off, modern evolutionists don't claim we evolved from apes they claim we ARE apes.

Second, they are just using psudeoscience to back up this weak conjecture of Darwin - a seminary school flunk out with a chip on his shoulder.

Darwinism is more of an atheist religion than science. It violates the most known law of science the second law of thermodynamics. Things do not self organize into complex structures like a living cell.

Left to their own devices things go from order to disorder. Entropy. Yet we are supposed to believe life just happened by chance and things grow more complex by random mutations and chance. ROFL

It takes DNA o make a cell. DNA is loaded with information. Information requires an intelligent author. So where did the first cell come from that supposedly evolved into all life forms? It takes cells to make DNA and it takes DNA to make cells. It didn't happen by chance. Darwinism is a bad joke.

It's pure propaganda. Don't believe it.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

can DNA evolve

Not really evolve but sure it changes... but we know exactly how it changes. When two humans reproduce elements of their DNA mingle and create a new human being. You have traits of your Mom and Dad.

This doesn't however EVER create new species of humans. So the fact DNA changes when we reproduce doesn't support evolution of new species at all.

[edit on 8/1/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
First off, modern evolutionists don't claim we evolved from apes they claim we ARE apes.

What a moronic thing to say. You obviously have no knowledge of evolutionary theory and you should put your foot in your mouth before you say something stupid. Too late.

We are not apes, nor did we evolve from apes. Humans and apes evolved from a common ancestor. We diverged and evolved faster because we dropped out of the trees and began to hunt in groups on land.

We began to settle and farm which vastly amounts for our intellectual development over the modern apes.

Before people go on making foolish assumptions about evolutionary theory I wish they would read a book about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

i have a question, any documentary, or any book ive read on evolution, always starts with your ASSUMPTION that mankind started in a group, lets go back to the start mmmkkk.....how does evolution explain the very first person, or i guess it would have to be 2, a male and a female right. because one or the other wouldnt be able to create life without the other.

how does evolution explain this smart guy. maybe you shouldnt beleive everything you read.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What a moronic thing to say. You obviously have no knowledge of evolutionary theory and you should put your foot in your mouth before you say something stupid. Too late.

Oh really? Too late? Ohhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooes

I agree it is an moronic thing to say. Let's see what moron did I get it from...

"We admit that we are like apes, but we seldom realise that we are apes."

Richard Dawkins

richarddawkins.net...

As you just agreed, Richard Dawkins is moron.

ROFL

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
its one of these subjects that kill brain cells.

no matter what you read, of what you are told, by experts and random peeps like me... we can never fully grasp the truth.

head scratcher indeed

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I personally am of the belief that the big speciations happen in major shifts (mutations) in response to environmental or timing factors within the dna itself.

There is some sort of darwinism that happens i.e. Birds that are green and blend in the jungle survive where the red one's don't... But a parrot doesn't become a sparrow via selection like that.

I don't think anyone has actually witnessed a "leap" for lack of a better term for it... but I always look at the crypto zoology news hopeing for a glimpse of something "New"

I am wondering alot of the trigger for these "leaps" is actually environment change and that as we bring about these big shifts in our planets climate that we are not going to get to witness something here in our lifetimes...

It would be interesting to see it within humans, but it seems that anything that is happening will be mental not physical from here on out as it is the obvious course of evolution... that we could have a shift of some sort starting right now, even one as great as the difference between a Chimp and a man, but not actually see it visable to our eyes because it would represent a further step in intelligence...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Oh really? Too late? Ohhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooes

I agree it is an moronic thing to say. Let's see what moron did I get it from...

"We admit that we are like apes, but we seldom realise that we are apes."

Richard Dawkins

richarddawkins.net...

As you just agreed, Richard Dawkins is moron.

ROFL

So you're both morons. Because I think a lot of what Dawkins says is moronic myself.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by davion

No I am free and clear you are just a rude person. I certainly do not believe we are apes. BUT The question was what do modern evolutionists say. I quoted one. The most famous one in fact. I was completely correct.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
its one of these subjects that kill brain cells.

no matter what you read, of what you are told, by experts and random peeps like me... we can never fully grasp the truth.

head scratcher indeed

You were created by God. There are forces in this world that want to hide that fact from you.

It is an important issue in the fact that the people in power want to reduce you to the status of an animal so they can take away your basic human rights. Evolution is a conspiracy to do just that.

From the Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
en.wikipedia.org...

If they can take the creator out of the picture. Then you are NOT endowed with inalienable rights. You are a mere ape like Richard Dawkins says.
This is the goal of the elites who are pushing us toward a one world government.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
we were once apes ? yes/no ?

NO, that is the common misconception that people use to argue for creationism. We WERE NOT apes one day and human the next.

Here is how it went down:

Before there were apes or humans, we shared a common ancestor. that common ancestor had genetic drift/mutations/etc. that gave rise to apes. At the same time (relatively speaking), the same common ancestor had a different set of genetic drift/mutations/etc. that eventually gave rise to humans.

Now, this was not an over night process, and there were other ancestors of apes and humans respectively, that dies off after giving rise to more genetic drift/mutations/etc. AND NOW HERE WE ARE!

Sounds simple enough...and makes a lot more sense than some magical spirit creating man and leaving no proof whatsoever!

Here is a diagram to help put it into perspective:

[edit on 1-8-2008 by no name needed]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

some magical spirit creating man and leaving no proof whatsoever!

There's a lot more proof for God than for macro evolution.

Except God left 66 books written by 40 different authors over almost 2000 years with a unity of message and proving it's inspiration and transcendence over time by accurately predicting the future 1000s of years in advance.

Evolution can;t happen with out something to evolve from. So Evolution is a logical fail for explaining origins.

Foundations of Disbelief - Magic Soup

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Whatever! Enistein

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

some magical spirit creating man and leaving no proof whatsoever!

There's a lot more proof for God than for macro evolution.

Except God left 66 books written by 40 different authors over almost 2000 years with a unity of message and proving it's inspiration and transcendence over time by accurately predicting the future 1000s of years in advance.

Evolution can;t happen with out something to evolve from. So Evolution is a logical fail for explaining origins.

Foundations of Disbelief - Magic Soup

Ohhh...please dont tell me you are a micro evolution is real but macro isnt...really....you have just negated your argument right there...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Humans are scientifically classified as apes, and have been since long before Darwin and evolution were ever thought up.

Darwinism is more of an atheist religion than science. It violates the most known law of science the second law of thermodynamics. Things do not self organize into complex structures like a living cell. Left to their own devices things go from order to disorder. Entropy. Yet we are supposed to believe life just happened by chance and things grow more complex by random mutations and chance. ROFL

So according to you, crystallization is impossible? God causes lakes to freeze? That's a completely naturalistic process that dramatically increases order. Looks like you can't fully grasp "the most known law of science." Your claim has been debunked over and over again, for everyone's sake research your arguments before you spit them out.

Watch some vids about abiogenesis. Scientists are getting a clearer picture every day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join