It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater Now in The 'Private Intelligence' Business: Scahill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

rawstory.com

"This is a company that has been accused of murdering Iraqi civilians," Scahill pointed out, "of shooting the bodyguard to the Iraqi vice-president, of causing blowback attacks on United States troops, of hurting the morale of the United States military -- that has cost United States taxpayers over a billion dollars for its operations in Iraq."

However, Scahill's greatest concern at present appears to be Blackwater's venture into the private intelligence business.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
People, if you haven't already been concerned about this giant Mercenary Corporation, then you better start to be ASAP.

With the FISA immunity nonsense going on with the gov and telecom corps, we are ALREADY in a REALLY bad way.

Now we have this Merc-Corp, which is OPERATING ON DOMESTIC SOIL, offering their services for intelligence gathering and CIA-like operations to CORPORATIONS.

Remember, these people are notorious for operating outside of the law and any oversight-So this is like the CIA on steroids.

This should send red-flags up to EVERYONE.

Bad, bad, news...

"Blackwater started a private intelligence company," he explained, "a private CIA essentially, called Total Intelligence Solutions. And the man running Total Intelligence Solutions is J. Cofer Black. He's a thirty-year veteran of the Central Intelligence Agency. He also was the guy who ran the CIA's extraordinary rendition program, the government-sanctioned kidnap-and-torture program."

"His thirty-year CIA career, his network of contacts, his knowledge that was gained through his work in the most sensitive areas of the United States government is now on the open market for hire," Scahill said sadly.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
flagged

this is scary, very scary
this is very very scary......... to say the least

is it bush's fault?

no, it's the fault of americans for letting this happen

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
my brother works for blackwater usa. are there any questions you would like to ask a first hand source that knows about their actual operations in iraq???? or do you still want to keep speculating without knowledge from what they actually do in the field.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Wow This is big. This is REAL big. I hope this is not the truth but somehow it all does come true. This stuff is really getting deep. The crime family in Washington might be getting ready to elect a dictator and need the SS I mean Blackwater to quell any rebellion.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I believe I touched on this lightly in this thread I began.

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...

If anyone wants to know more about Blackwater, just ask, as I got ATS designation as Blackwater Expert.

I've got Scahill's book, as well as a horde of Navy S.E.A.L. books, Erik Prince, Blackwater's bad boy, used to be a S.E.A.L., and took warfare private through D.O.D. contracts as well as funding through the C.I.A.

Coffer Black is dirty, very dirty ex-C.I.A. too.

NDN : Campain To Get Condoleeza Rice To Come Clean : Coffer Black

[edit on 31-7-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I think it's about time the people in this country load their weapons and and eliminate this sort of bull sheet!

Flagged!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Coffer Black has been marked for death by Osama bin Laden in the 1990's.

He also hunted down Ilich Ramirez Sanchez, also better known as Carlos the Jackal.

If he's running Blackwater's "Intel Section" this means a lot more than you might think.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I just posted this over in the Blackwater thread I created.

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
This thread was began in the Breaking Alternative News Forum.

Thought I'd add content here to this thread, and vice versa with the other one as well.

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...

While I can respect what Coffer Black did for the C.I.A., as shady as that was, and in a shady organization as well, I believe it's seriously an understatement to see that he is involved in the "Intel Section" of Blackwater, as if things go sideways with the way most ATS'ers on here believe, Bush can abuse his power more and do something terrible with this "privately military corporation" funded directly by Depeartment of Defense and Central Intelligence Agency, taking it outside of Constitutional law which is there to protect us from Government becoming too powerfuly and living under a tyranny.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I asked a friend about Blackwater and the shootings in Iraq. This is the response I got:

"It’s a company of ill trained cowards, murders, and religious zealots. That’s what I got watching erik prince babble through his hearing.

How else would one give reason for the training of mall security guards and foreigners to shoot women and children in the back, murdering 17 and wounding 49 and then attempt to justify the shooting, by first, denying them, second, calling it an "ambush" where not one enemy shell casing were found, then informing the world no one in blackwater will be prosecuted for the murders and then later stating that maybe the ones that did the murdering will/could be prosecuted, and then calling it “defensive force” in a congressional hearing.

Having never attended any blackwater courses this must be something erik prince in his weeks of military service made up and put into his blackwater training, because until I heard the moron called erik prince testify I never heard of “defensive force”. It was amusing all the idiots that bought the “we used defensive force” story.

Funny how the FBI has not yet determined the true nature of the shootings or sent anyone to jail yet. I’m 99.999% sure the FBI will NOT make their findings public until after Nov 4th.

Blackwater, shooting women and children in the back and getting away with it., now that’s training!!!"

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Here's the link for Jeremy Scahill's book.

Jeremy Scahill : Blackwater Book Website

Thought people might like to take a look at the book. Here it is on Amazon.

Blackwate r: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm not worried about this. If the US was going to use a company to do some dirty work wouldn't they be better off just not telling anybody about it? Once they let it out it's pretty much out there in the open and people can find out about it.

You know, the whole letting people know factor... I'm not worried.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

you all are being ridiculously idiotic. how many times do i have to tell you people thatI know people that work in blackwater and they are not what you think they are. this website proclaims "deny ignorance" but that is all that you are being is ignorant.
I am telling you that i know many people that work for blackwater, and can prove it, and you won't even ask me a question but rather attack this company with unsubstansiated claims from what seems to be your own opinions. this is ridiculous and i am sick of hearing you ignorant words dehumanizing my friends and family when you do not know what the hell you are talking about!!!!!!!
stop being ignorant and ridiculous.
i can tell you how the people that i know in blackwater think. and i can tell you right now that most of them are atheist in their theology.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

For someone calling other people idiotic, you're not doing so hot here yourself.

So, provide the proof then for those claims you're making.

You know Blackwater people how exactly?

How exaclty are you going to prove it to ATS'ers?

Make certain it's something that can be substantiated, please.

Being Atheist is not any better than being a right-wing zealot, it just means there's no Christian ethics or morals instilled in them whatsoever. I'd rather have some Christian values, then none at all.

I'll be waiting to see what you bring as your proof and I hope you can back it up, instead of hack us up.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FremenBlueEyes
I am telling you that i know many people that work for blackwater,

I knew a guy who was hired by Blackwater. He's was in the U.S. Army and after getting out he got a job with BW.

His last tour in the military was in Iraq and he had this to say about joining up with Blackwater. "I can't wait to get back over there and kick some more ass."

I couldn't respond. I don't talked to murders.

Vas

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Good. I'm going to hire them to spy on the ridiculously corrupt Congress and other government representatives. This might even be a way to get to the bottom of some serious issues like UFOs and other theories.

EDIT: Actually, does this involve actual proactive covert operatives that gather intelligence? Or is it just intelligence analysis like Stratfor? It's probably just the latter and absolutely nothing to whine about.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Riposte]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I think you know more about blackwater than anyone else I know (just from past U2U's and past threads). Thanks for that!

War profiteers answer to nobody but themselves. And no blackwater contractor has EVER been held legally accountable for their actions. Yet they are responsible for killing civilians? These people are not just war-profiteers, they're employees are rogue security personnel who are above the law. And make no mistake about it.. War, torture (and now private intelligence) are now for-profit enterprises in which private industry can make billions from our government and not held legally liable for their actions in any way, shape, or form.

Blackwater conractors can kill civilians, yet there is no legal precedent to hold them accountable.. And now Blackwater can recieve contracts for "private intelligence" ventures... From a government standpoint (especially the bush administration) this could very well be a legal loophole in which the intelligence gathering can be conducted illegally when the same contractors who conduct these activities may or may not be legally accountable for anything they do.. This is nothing less than another encroachment on our civil liberties is it not? And if Blackwater does not have to answer to anyone but big brother who signs the checks, then we live in a world in which these same private industries can be hired to conduct ANY illegal activity the government wishes as long as the price is right.

I see this as nothing less than the government giving even more power and free-reign to the war-profiteering industry. And if this continues these companies will only become more and more profitable and, thus, have even more power.

This week it's an open door for private intelligence contracts.. What's next week or even months from now? And why would the government, in a time of economic instability, pay out huge sums of money to these contractors for intelligence when we already have the organisations to conduct these kinds of operations? Red flag anyone?

And who is supposed to conduct the oversight whilst there is a legal boundary between the government and private inustry?
Blackwater?!! here we go again!

-ChriS

[edit on 1-8-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 1-8-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Now, imagine if you will, that Blackwater, and Coffer Black, were turned loose on the stuff I mention here within this thread about information databases.

The World-Wide Web of Surveillance of Your Online/Offline Activities

I'm betting anything that the division Coffer Black is going to be involved with, is Greystone.

Greystone, The Offspring of Blackwater Worldwide, Barbados

The reason I'm stating this is the fact that Greystone was quietly registered in the country of Barbados is 2004, and we still have little to no knowledge of what they do, with exception that they sound like a clone of Blackwater, and it's a direct offshooot of Blackwater. I only know about it because of having read Jeremy Scahill's book and I was examining and investigating every single fact with a "fine tooth comb" as the saying goes.

The surveillance thread I mentioned earlier within this post I know about because of reading the book No Place To Hide and was written by a Washington Post reporter.

I read a lot and dig through the facts and do searches through Google, Yahoo, and Wikipedia. You'd be amazed the amount of open source intelligence I've found on this stuff. I even started a thread on open source intelligence gathering in the Survival Forum.

Going To Your Public Library, Gathering Open Source Intelligence, and Surviving

I even asked Dave Rabbit and Johnny Anonymous from the ATS Mix what they thought on Blackwater being in Iraq.

What Do You Think of Blackwater In Iraq?

Jesse Ventura was interviewed by Dave and Johnny on ATS Mix, and Jesse answered the question I put to him about Blackwater in Iraq.

ATS.MIX: Jesse Ventura UNCENSORED - ATS MIX Show 82

His answer to the question I asked are about halfway through the interview. Jesse used to be a S.E.A.L., which is what a lot of Blackwater guys used to be along with Special Forces, and Law Enforcement.

I also asked Jim Marrs from The View From Marrs on ATS what he thought of Blackwater being a threat to Democracy, but he never answered for whatever reason. I'm assuming he's been too busy with writing his books.

Is Blackwater A Real Threat To Democracy?

*We Now Return You To Your Civil Liberties Being Stolen From You At Every Turn*

[edit on 1-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Speaking of which, this is perfect timeing for the topic to pop back up again. Today, er, early this morning after returning to my hobby of digging through OSINT, I came across this tid bit of info that might get some of yalls attention. Check it, more from the "Office of DNI", seems much attention at least mine and the source I utilise have been drawn to his activities recently. Linked piece is currently at top of linked site, but since that changes I will link html and post the quoted section of "further amendments". All these A mend ments ...I don't know if it is good or bad any more. Considering that it's a domestic concearn, perhaps not so good.

Oops, almost forgot to add this part, before yall read the large quoted text below and think, ok, sounds good, just consider this small quote first, found in appropriately linked part below;

Sec. 2. Executive Order 12333, as amended, is further amended by striking Part 1 in its entirety

It's "entirety"?!
So, they are basically rewritting the whole thing...ok, why not. They do it do every thing else, why stop now....

Bolded text my emphasis to point out a civil concearn.

Executive Order (EO) 12333
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:27:05 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Statement by the Director of National Intelligence - Mr. Mike McConnell
Statement by the Director of National Intelligence

Mr. Mike McConnell

On July 30, 2008, President Bush signed a revision to Executive Order (EO) 12333.

Originally signed in 1981 by President Reagan, Executive Order 12333 has been the cornerstone of the Intelligence Community (IC) for over a quarter of a century and has served our Community well. Although amended previously in 2003 and 2004 before the passage of the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Action (IRTPA), the Order had not been revised to conform to the Intelligence Reform Act.

With the rise of new national security institutions and to improve our ability to address the national security threats of our day and into the future, it was time to update this foundational policy document to reflect these new realities and to take the next step in intelligence reform to strengthen our collective ability to support our country's security efforts.

The revised executive order addresses four main objectives:

Align DNI authorities with the requirements of IRTPA.
Respond further to key findings of the 9/11 and WMD Commissions.

Strengthen the DNI's ability to lead the IC as a unified enterprise.

Maintain or strengthen the protections for privacy rights and civil liberties. All current EO12333 procedures governing collection, retention and dissemination of U.S. person information remain in effect.

Under the leadership of the National Security Council, and with the support of the Community s leadership, we produced a draft Executive Order for the President that will strengthen our Community, and most importantly, serve our nation.

This Executive Order is the next, necessary step in intelligence reform and upholds the key themes of intelligence reform, namely: that the sum of our parts will produce better intelligence than each intelligence element individually; that we need a dedicated official the DNI with the responsibility and authority to lead and integrate this Community; and that the decentralized structure of the Community should remain intact, with most IC elements remaining embedded in cabinet departments.

This is truly a historic day for our Community and the nation. I believe wholeheartedly that this revised Executive Order will have a real and lasting effect, fostering a true Intelligence Community.

Statement by the Director of National Intelligence

[edit on 1-8-2008 by ADVISOR]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
eh?

This sort of thing has been going on for thousands of years guys!

The US uses these guys to do some "off the books" dirty work, big deal!

This is nothing new...

Its a good way for the US govt to get out of explaining "collateral damage"

You want to WIN a war if your going to fight one!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join