It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABOVE BLACK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I just read the free online first three chapters to Above Black, and I have to say that it is one of the most interesting books that I've ever seen. I'm considering ordering one also! It was interesting, it made sense, and it was very exciting!

Jim

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I read it and found it unique and interesting, but highly doubtable. Most of what the author writes can not be proven.

it should be re-titled "Above Bunk."

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I would have to recommend the book "AREA 51: The Dreamland Chronicles" By David Darlington...it covers the base from pre-Area 51 to about the mid-1990's when the book was published, it's a good read for those of us interested in stuff like this...the link goes to the book's page on Amazon.com
Click Here

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have the Dreamland Chronicles as well. I recommend it as well. A very good read.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
now i havent read above black but my guess is its probably full of disinformation and real info

one of the best books i can reccomend is "extra-terrestial friends and foes"
outstanding read that you wont be able to put down
author": George c. Andrews

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It will be mine. Oh yes... It will be mine!

Conceited Fighter,
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
DeltaChaos
How do you propose to win the book? Is there some Above Black book lottery?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Rule by Secrecy is a nice book that gives a general oversview of the non-ET conspiracy scene. Check it out for your human conspiracies quandries.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I am reading the e-book right now. It is compelling but I dont know how much truth is here.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What is the general premise of Above Black? That is, what exactly is the author focusing on that is controversial and/or worth the read. On a similar note, Omega Pickle, is the e-book available for free, and if so, where can I find it online? If not, where can you buy the e-version? Until Later.
Chris

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FieryIce1
DeltaChaos
How do you propose to win the book? Is there some Above Black book lottery?

It's called the debate tournament...

DC

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You'll find on alot of threads common themes such as:

- the truth is hidden by the military
- the govnmt controls media
- the military will make you disappear if necessary

Yet we are often treated to star testimonies by ex-military high ranking officers just divulging info left & right.

Case in point, the disclosure book and this above black book.

On one hand I tend to think actual military guys offer very valid testimony (very good example, WoodBridge, Randlesham incident of 1980 with american military testimony), and on the other hand, I tend to think the govrnmt/military try to hide some truths to a certain extent.

So which is it? Put yourself in the shoes of the military. You know above black is totally real and true, do you take out the author? If not, then perhaps the military isn't implicated that much in civilian or ex-military disappearances; if they were how come we see dozens and dozens of ex-military coming forward so often?

So, if above black is real, then I don't understand why they would let it get printed in the first place. Or it's not.

How to know....

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Just because a witness is "military" does not make them instantly reliable.

~Face

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
what is the military going to do exactly that won't attract more attention?

Also, read the book. It feels realistic, in the sense of being really bureaucratic.

They can't prosecute him---as he says, the ET programs were behind black programs. If he revelead black programs (military weapon secrets) he would certainly be prosecuted for revealing official secrets.

He was smart, and took care to never do that. Since the programs and even concepts of hte ET programs don't officially exist, there is no way to get him legally.

Only other thing would be an illegal hit or punishment. But he has probably revealed all there is to reveal. It's not like a defector who is 'about' to turn to the other side.

Also consider that according to the story he is a 'genetic mutant' with special abilities. Maybe they think they still might need him in the future, or he may come back into the fold if the times become desperate.

All in all, when you consider all the possibilities
a) he did nothing actually illegal
b) there is nothing specific revealed to endanger the project

the most obvious plan of action is to do absolutely nothing, and have no comment and ignore it.

The government only looks somehwhat bad in the sense of acquiescing to abductions by Greys. But Sherman didn't say that the government was actually doing it, but that he just didn't want to be close to the thing at all because it was disturbing.

Those people who might really believe Sherman's story would already have believed the government is involved with the abductions.

But there is no additional proof or anything which could lead to a prosecution or indictment or anything really serious to the government program.

So? if you were part of the government and this story were true, what would you do? absolutely nothing. If the story were false, what would you do? absolutely nothing.

There were some implications that he intentionally did "something" to get discharged out of the military, it has been presumed it was a homosexual act or something like that. This would ahve been done on the 'open" side of his military job and he would have lost his job and his clearances, and hence unable to work on the sensitive bases, and hence unable to continue with the grey program. [how else to lose a clearance really fast: 'yes I am a closet bisexual and like big black guys in leather, but whatever you do don't tell my wife!' as in obvious potential blackmail target.]

Since the grey program is so hidden the people involved can't really use their clout so easily and say "we really need HIM but we can't tell you why."

Perhaps in the future they will take steps for new recruits to prevent them from pulling that trick.

It's possible he was the first one to actually quit that way, a tactic they didn't think of and so when he did it, they couldn't stop the bureaucratic wheels from turning.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I read the book. While an interesting read, I still want un-refutable proof.
That is not too much to ask for.

~Face

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
They are coming out with more material some real some not to set us up for the big day man
and thats it
and it aint far off

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I would even be happy to have proof of that

~Face

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I read the book actually if you do a search on it in ATS forms you will see my post. It was a very interesting read to say the least.

AlBeMet

top topics

join