It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranexus drops out of the Stan Romanek case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Paranexus, a paranormal research group who has been investigating Stan Romanek's case, has recently dropped out. As of yet, there doesn't seem to be an explanation, but here is the announcement on their web site:

www.paranexus.org...

Judging by this part of the announcement, it seems as if they could be suspicious of the case:

ParaNexus Research Foundation is a professional, objective, and serious research organization that places high value on its reputation and credibility.

Or it could have to do with the video leak:

Whatever the reason, this sure is an interesting development.

[edit on 7/31/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

it seemed to me by reading between the lines.. that they spent a lot of time and money on Stans claims... and he just wanted to milk em for all they would give him.. and he gave them nothing in return.. so in order to save face ... they just came out with the flat statement they were finished with him. but wished him well.. what else could they do ???

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Maybe they finally woke up and realized they were hanging out with a total scam artist and that the whole thing is total bunk.

Or maybe the ordered a bunch of his "medatron harmonizers" and figured out that the guy is not only a scam artist, but a total whack job too.

Whatever the reason, who cares about that sham of a case anyway? It does nothing but, again, make us all look stupid. He should be denounced by everyone that has a real interest in this subject.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

That's a good point, although Clay Roberts, the dude with most of the NDA's, could have been doing the milking. I'm wondering if paranexus will respond to the guys question in their announcement and let us know.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Or maybe the ordered a bunch of his "medatron harmonizers" and figured out that the guy is not only a scam artist, but a total whack job too.

That was Jeff Peckman, not Stan Romanek.

Whatever the reason, who cares about that sham of a case anyway?

I figured you'd like to be around to watch this all fall apart.
If that is what's happening, anyway.

Whatever the reason, who cares about that sham of a case anyway? It does nothing but, again, make us all look stupid.

Most of us here also believe that this is a hoax. I am one of them. However, nobody has yet been able to prove that he's hoaxing.

edit - took out comment that could have been seen as rude.

[edit on 7/31/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Isnt that video from Jeff Peckman?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
Isnt that video from Jeff Peckman?

That's a common misunderstanding. It's actually Stan Romanek's. Peckman was the one that introduced it to the media, but his connection to it mostly has to do with the Extraterrestrial Affairs Commission thing. Jeff basically wants to get a committee together to deal with aliens if they come to Denver. It's pretty controversial.

Here's the thread about the video getting leaked:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I am inherently suspicious of the people who want money first and start looking for deals as soon as they think they have something.

Now, I can understand wanting to profit from being in the right place at the right time (with a camera ha ha). I scrape by paycheck to paycheck myself and I could sure use some money. I'd be selling my story to every tabloid rag and trying to get money for appearing on Leno and Letterman. But FIRST I'd show my evidence.

One, even for a money-grubber like me, the importance of adding to the body of evidence for aliens or Bigfoot or whatever I'd caught would override my self interest. This is important to a lot of people and they all deserve to see it.

Two, I expect that I would have more opportunities for profiting from my evidence after it's gotten a lot of attention and been analyzed. A picture (or video) tells a story, but not the whole story. Won't people be even more interested in hearing the story after the evidence has been judged authentic? I would.

Just my .02

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I agree its interesting this video or hype of the video has had me fascinated ever since it came about, but the more I hear of it and see of it I become skeptical. Now that they have pulled out of the investigation, with Romanecks obvious money wanting and also the fact that its in black and white on a grainy video all leads me to believe that its just a well marketed hoax.

Its such a shame but when you look at the angles and evidence surrounding the whole thing it seems to be another sly way at making a fast buck.

Good post though

Peace

edit spelling

[edit on 4/8/2008 by LestatG]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Just to clarify here. The ParaNexus Research Foundation was asked by Mr. Romanek to investigate his case. PRF does not charge for investigations and travel expenses are the responsibility of the individual investigators.

PRF did not "milk" anyone nor was it ever our intent to engage in any such endeavor. PRF maintains the confidentiality of our clients and will not disclose any information regarding cases unless we have expressed written permission from our clients. Anyone familiar with the parameters of confidentiality will certainly understand our stance.

PRF appreciates everyone's interest and opinion regarding Mr. Romanek. We would also encourage everyone to review the video and come to their own conclusion. No PRF case is ever closed on the basis of a single piece of evidence. Best wishes to all. PRF respects the efforts of our colleagues at Above Top Secret. Best wishes to all!

Grant Rubendunst MRC. CRC.
Asst. Director/Paranexus Research Foundation

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Here is my take on it. The parties involved in this whole thing are very materialistic and a bit overzealous attention seekers.
However, does that mean that its fake? Not necessarily. It just well could be real and the only real one the government is letting slip because of the reputation that the parties involved have.. they will not be taken seriously nearly as much as someone less odd and searching for a spotlight.
By allowing this they can let a real video slip to the public and still feel somewhat confident that it will hurt more than help the field of UFOlogy as a whole.

At least I think that is their outlook on this if the video is real.

new topics

top topics

join