It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush Starving Cows in Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I was out driving around and all the cows and horses where I live are starving. and this is on every farm I have seen. Do you think that the current economic crisis is like the Simpsons movie, where we are all trapped?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Pait

What does President Bush have to do with it? The blaiming of him for every little thing is rather ridiculous.

Im in central California....drove down the coast this past week and Ive seen plenty of healthy livestock all long the way. And am surrounded by farmland with cows and horses. All fat and happy.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, there's a new one to go on Bush's resume....he's a cow killer.

Blame the people who own the animals and if you see what you think is animal neglect/abuse, then call the ASPCA and report it.

And, Bush isn't all to blame for the economic problems in this country. The Congress plays a very big part of it, too......and the majority there are Democrats.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Pait

Well, I live in Texas and all the cows and horses I see every day look just fine. If you see animals that are neglected report it to your local sherriff's department and they'll deal with the owners. This has nothing to do with politics at all. It's just a matter of personal responsibility.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
After a very wet 2007 in Texas, this year have been quite dry. I have had 17.4 inches of rain through today versus 51.6 by the end of July last year.

The situation with the grass, which livestock to feed on, has not been good and many are having to feed hay already. Rough time to be a cow.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

What part of the state? I am on the coastal bend and it has been very dry. Glad things are better in your area.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I live in the Dallas area. We're about 5 inches behind average this year, but it's not extreme or anything. Last year was an unbelievable amount of rain. Good thing because the lakes around here were getting low. Still we don't expect to get that kind of rain every year.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Thanks, I had a feeling you might be up that way.

You are so right about the responsible owners. Some people manage to keep their stock in good condition, no matter what nature does, and other seem to defy even the best of what nature offers.

new topics

top topics

join