It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got a warning for a Four year old post.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I was just wondering, isn't there a statute of limitations or somethings. I mean, I just got a U2U about it today.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's NEVER too late!

I think you should be IP banned and flogged in front of ATS.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NotTooHappy

Taze 'im, Taze 'im.

(send a message to the mod. It may be that someone clicked the 'warn' button and didn't notice it was very old. The mod may have missed that also, though I doubt it. If they docked you, you can always ask for a re-review I'd guess. Obviously the system is there to prevent and advise and not to punish).

Good luck and realize my comment are not official, just my own opinion and a wish for the good of all.

If you did lose points, another method might to be to try and make a worthy post or help a noob or something - that's how people get extra points.

Have you joined Twitter? You can get a 5000 points bonus for doing that. Contact Asala after joining (or for instructions). Hope that helps.

Best wishes.

PS - it's always better to go straight to the 'comments/suggestions' button on these kinds of things. That avoids drama and makes things work more smoothly. Good luck!

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Laws don't apply in the series of tubes.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I just got a warning for a Four year old post.

I was just wondering, isn't there a statute of limitations or somethings. I mean, I just got a U2U about it today.

Terms & Conditions, yes... but no statute of limitations... we're fresh out of those.

It's no wonder you're not too happy, NotTooHappy. The warn was a result of a thread dredged up by an Anonymous post. One that perhaps should have received the same back in the day but which may have been overlooked, unnoticed, or unseen.

Nonetheless. It's really not that much a biggie... after all these years, is it?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Why is there no red flag in your avvie?

Was it for a one-liner?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have no idea, the post was removed.

I really don't care too much. I just thought it was a little odd to be warned so long after the post.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

As 12 said, that thread was revived by an anon poster and the mod that saw it missed the date stamp. Human error, not policy. See? We are human after all.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

I also was was warned for saying someone was dumb or something and I'm quite sure that I didnt say anything like that to anyone.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

See? We are human after all.

I'm still not convinced of that
See NotTooHappy, all sorted out, just a misunderstanding is all

Fox

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Originally posted by Grafilthy
Laws don't apply in the series of tubes.

HAHAHAA!

-ChriS

[edit on 2-8-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
reply to post by bismarcksea

I also was was warned for saying someone was dumb or something and I'm quite sure that I didnt say anything like that to anyone.

same thing happened to me. I got an apology and it was apparently overturned [had to wait fot the red flag to expire though] but then the mod turned around and said [paraphrased] "I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't edit it out the offending remark".
kind of voided the apology entirely. I questioned that yet she still couldn't tell me what the warning was actually for.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by riley]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
perhaps you are being targeted by someone for something you have said.

have you filed any complaints or angered any mods lately?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The problem with getting warns for posts that old is how do you know he wasn't warned for it back then? A lot of the mods weren't even members then.

I got an applause for a three year old thread a couple months ago. That was pretty weird. But I'll take it.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Dont feel bad. I got a notice a few weeks ago saying I owe money on a speeding ticket from 12 FREAKING YEARS AGO.

I sent them a picture of the money

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth

I know how that feels. I once was arrested for a 5 year old seat belt ticket. That's right, a seat belt ticket.
Maybe I should just get used to things like this.

Stupid past catching up to me.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Not Too Happy:

Did you get an apology?

This is a two line post.

EyesII

new topics

top topics

join