It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did Obama STOP doing drugs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

... We all know he is having problems quitting smoking...I think quitting coc aine might be a little tougher than cigarettes?

Oh boy. Another Obama fear hit thread. He's a junkie!! People who would post this have no clue about 'street drugs'. They lump all use and all drugs into one lump as if they're all the same. Do you have any idea how many casual users there are from every walk of life? Lots of people have casually used coke. It's not about 'trying to quit'. Are you suggesting Obama ever said he was a crack addict?

This kind of ignorance is pervasive and plays into the hands of the PTB. They perpetuate this kind of thinking. I used to work in medicine and would routinely be asked to draw bloods early in the morning. I happened to be in one room when a nurse came in to give a middle-aged male patient some pre-op meds. The patient asked what they wwere and the nurse told him it was demerol. The patient quipped back, Oh, ok... just as long as it isn't marijuana. I don't want anyone giving me any of THAT stuff.

You weren't that patient by any chance were you RR?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Let me clear one thing up about the hardness of quitting cigarettes and coc aine.

Obviously cost has something to do with it. For the normal person, cigarettes would be harder to quit than coc aine. Cocaine costs alot more and would be harder to access.

For a wealthy person, like Lord Obama, where money is no object, and the availability wouldn't be a problem you might have a harder time quitting coc aine.

Anyway in Obama's own book he tells of his adventures with drugs, but never mentioned the steps he took, or the travails of his quitting experience. Which begs the question...(again) when did he stop using drugs?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Let me clear one thing up about the hardness of quitting cigarettes and coc aine.

Obviously cost has something to do with it. For the normal person, cigarettes would be harder to quit than coc aine. Cocaine costs alot more and would be harder to access.

For a wealthy person, like Lord Obama, where money is no object, and the availability wouldn't be a problem you might have a harder time quitting coc aine.

Anyway in Obama's own book he tells of his adventures with drugs, but never mentioned the steps he took, or the travails of his quitting experience. Which begs the question...(again) when did he stop using drugs?

It doesn't beg the question unless your intent is to attack the man.

Did we ever find out when George Washington stopped smoking herb?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Did we ever find out when George Washington stopped smoking herb?

Did George Washington do something so bad that we could blame his actions on weed?

George Washington was offered the position of King of this country. He turned it down. Would Lord Obama do the same thing if he was in that position? I doubt it.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Now really RR! This is just another one of those non-issues concerning Barack Obama.

...A coc aine addiction, or the mental damage caused by a long-term drug addiction, is a non-issue to you?

I'd kind of take that into consideration when choosing who should be the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

This is a question that needs to be addressed. Obama went into detail about his drug days, but never mentioned what he went through trying to quit...never mentioned fighting withdrawals. We all know he is having problems quitting smoking...I think quitting coc aine might be a little tougher than cigarettes

I've used coc aine on several occasions along with a slew of others. I don't use them anymore (they were for my younger years!). I didn't "try" to quit because i just stopped. It wasn't an issue, there weren't any withdrawals at all.

I am also having problems quitting smoking, i'm in my fourth week of the patch already. I DO experience withdrawals quitting smoking, but have never had any problems quitting any other drugs i've used.

Why should Obama be any different?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre

This is a question that needs to be addressed. Obama went into detail about his drug days, but never mentioned what he went through trying to quit...never mentioned fighting withdrawals. We all know he is having problems quitting smoking...I think quitting coc aine might be a little tougher than cigarettes

I've used coc aine on several occasions along with a slew of others. I don't use them anymore (they were for my younger years!). I didn't "try" to quit because i just stopped. It wasn't an issue, there weren't any withdrawals at all.

I am also having problems quitting smoking, i'm in my fourth week of the patch already. I DO experience withdrawals quitting smoking, but have never had any problems quitting any other drugs i've used.

Why should Obama be any different?

Believe it or not, recreational use and habitual use are very different.

When someone turns to drugs and alcohol to run away from problems, its far easier to develop an addiction.

Cocaine is HIGHLY addicting once you get enough in your system. I have 2 friends whom were big time coke addicts. One of them has a friend that has had several relapses.

Anyone that thinks its easier to quit coke than cigs is kidding themselves.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I dont see how it matters. Every politician uses drugs. Just look at the decisions they make, its obvious.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Nice title, good ol fashion baiting. Beautiful.
If you press on the link in my signature, it addresses a related subject.
And to answer your OP, like most of us, he probably stopped when his wife gave him an ultimatum.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
ACTUALLY..

quitting cigarettes is harder than quitting coc aine, and quitting cigarettes causes greater withdrawls than coc aine.

your body never becomes dependent on coc aine, therefore there are no basic chemical withdrawls. to the contrary, opiates (pain meds / smack etc) do cause a chemical withdrawl, so do cigarettes, because they lower dopamine production in the days afterward.

well .. i guess i should say, coc aine IF used multiple times a day, everyday, for years and years at a time would produce a PHYSICAL withdrawl similar to quitting a cigarette habit. But the mental cravings would be the real hard part, and thats the reason coc aine is addicting; its addicting mentally more than physically. someone can be addicted physically to smack and not even enjoy it or want to do it, but if they dont, they get sick. if someone doesnt do their coc aine, they dont get sick, they just start fiending for it and trying to sell their VCR to go buy a 20 rock to smoke .. lol ..

And Obama said he never did smack, just some blow on occasion. So he never had a "problem" it sounds like. He just occasionally used as a younger man it sounds like, which, for upper class types.. is more common than you may know.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB

Anyone that hasn't been in the same position is merely speaking from opinion or ignorance. I'm speaking from experience. I can't go into details because of the T&C but, as a long time abuser, I had no problem kicking them all, there were many, with the exception of cigs and booze.

Now I'll finish this cig, with a pull on my beer.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Anyone that hasn't been in the same position is merely speaking from opinion or ignorance. I'm speaking from experience. I can't go into details because of the T&C but, as a long time abuser, I had no problem kicking them all, there were many, with the exception of cigs and booze.

Now I'll finish this cig, with a pull on my beer.

Agreed, in most instances the three: coke, booze, and cigarettes develop their own association. It is almost impossible to quit cigarettes and booze if one doesn't kick the coc aine first. That is in fact my experience. No coke, I don't drink, but still smoke a pack a day. I just started Chantix and I think it's actually working. We'll see.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

When did Obama STOP doing drugs?

www.worldnetdaily.com...

5 minutes before WorldNetDaily stopped beating it's wife.

Next question.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
...A coc aine addiction, or the mental damage caused by a long-term drug addiction, is a non-issue to you?

So experimental use has become addiction ?

Jerome Corsi, what a fabricating lying sack of crap. Same guy behind Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Schaden]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Believe it or not, recreational use and habitual use are very different.

I know they're very different. If you'll notice, Obama has never said he used coc aine habitually. So, for you guys to make that conservative leap of faith is kind of ridiculous.

When someone turns to drugs and alcohol to run away from problems, its far easier to develop an addiction.

This is also true. My father is a former drug addict, alcoholic and current chemical dependency counselor for the past 25 years. He works for the Salvation Army and deals mainly with homeless drug addicts with coc aine/crack problems. I know very well how people get addicted and what the difference is. So can you explain to me which problems Barack was running away from in order to get addicted? No, you can't. 'Cause he was a recreational user.

Cocaine is HIGHLY addicting once you get enough in your system. I have 2 friends whom were big time coke addicts. One of them has a friend that has had several relapses.

I know this as well. Since my dad was addicted to coc aine until I was about 8 years old, i've heard plenty of stories. Cocaine is a highly addictive substance and is a PHYSICAL addiction once you get enough in your system. But this still doesn't speak to this issue, because of your "once you get enough in your system" comment. You don't know how much Obama had in his system at any point in his youth.

You are just flat out wrong here. I've used coc aine on many occasions and have never had a yearning for it. I have, on the other hand, had a strong desire for cigarettes EVERY day since i bought my first pack about 10 years ago. So, while you can speak from your ivory tower not having been addicted to either, I can tell you from experience.

By the way, my dad (you know the former drug addict turned chemical dependency counselor) just called so i asked him about this. Cigarettes was the last drug he quit using and it only took him an extra TEN YEARS to quit.

So which one is harder to quit again?

You guys really need to cool it with this Obama stuff. There are plenty of worthwhile things to focus on if you don't like the guy, but this grasping at straws thing just muddles up your arguments against him. In other words, it makes you look stupid.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Why would anyone care if he was doing a couple of lines of coke or toking a little weed in the privacy of his own home?

I care and I think people SHOULD care. He's got two young children that live 'in the privacy of his own home' and they shouldn't be in an environment where there are illegal drugs. Last time I checked, coc aine and marijuana were still illegal substances - maybe they should be legalized or maybe the shouldn't - that isn't even the issue. The issue is that right NOW they ARE illegal.

Our Government spends a lot of money trying to get drugs off of the street and if Obama is still doing illegal drugs, he's wasting tax payer money that is being spent to fight the drug war.

One would assume that if Obama was still involved in drugs, that information would have surfaced ... but considering how the media glosses over anything negative regarding Obama, if he did a line of coke in the middle of a town hall meeting, I'm pretty sure that he would not only get away with it, he would probably be hailed as some sort of brave heroic man that really does represent 'change'.

Jemison

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Anyway in Obama's own book he tells of his adventures with drugs, but never mentioned the steps he took, or the travails of his quitting experience.

You are setting some ridiculous standards here for a presidential candidate. You know, when I was a small boy, I would wet my bed once in a while, until I finally outgrew it. Am I under obligation to detail all of that in my biography? Do I need to demonstrate that my sheets are clean, every day?

Sheesh. Talk about privacy!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
our current president did coke. and i bet you voted for him.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

points out an explosive new book on the Democratic presidential candidate written by the co-author of 2004's "Unfit for Command," the Swift Boat exposé

....from the OP's source.

So, with little more than the lapel pin issues, you are resorting back to "swift-boating" with the same guy as a source?
Sounds credible to me.

I used to do drugs. I stopped outright, cold turkey....you know why????

BECAUSE I GREW UP. I BECAME AN ADULT.

Is it remotely possible that he could have done the same???

And by the way....I used harder drugs than a little blow, and yes smokes are the harder one to quit. The dope will give you withdrawls, sure. Take away my smokes......someone is gettin' killed!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Our Government spends a lot of money trying to get drugs off of the street and if Obama is still doing illegal drugs, he's wasting tax payer money that is being spent to fight the drug war.

#1.....someone show me evidence that he is doing drugs.....or has recently....and I will dance naked on top of the Space Needle.

#2.....war on "things" is stupid. They can never be won so they will be fought FOREVER. Kinda like this war on "terror". They are used as a premise to break rules set up to guarantee our freedoms.

Tell me.....this "war on drugs"....what is the "mission accomplished " point????????

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join