It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did Obama STOP doing drugs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
www.worldnetdaily.com...

WASHINGTON – Barack Obama admitted using drugs in his autobiography but never revealed if or when he stopped, points out an explosive new book on the Democratic presidential candidate written by the co-author of 2004's "Unfit for Command," the Swift Boat exposé that impacted John Kerry's campaign for the White House.

Corsi points out Obama has yet to explain whether he ever sold drugs or when he stopped using them.

"Did Obama ever use drugs in his days as a community organizer in Chicago, or when he was a state senator from Illinois?" Corsi asks. "How about in the U.S. Senate? If Obama quit using drugs, the public inquiry certain to occur in a general election campaign for the presidency will most certainly aim at the when, how and why questions George W. Bush successfully avoided."

This is a question that needs to be addressed. Obama went into detail about his drug days, but never mentioned what he went through trying to quit...never mentioned fighting withdrawals. We all know he is having problems quitting smoking...I think quitting coc aine might be a little tougher than cigarettes?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I ain't no fool. I am willing to bet there are many government officials using drugs. They just have enough power to keep it secret. I believe it is a double standard, but just like celebrities they get away with a lot of things while the average citizen gets screwed.

Not that relevant of an issue to me. All I ask is that if a government official pops positive on a drug test treat him or her like they would someone on the street.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have no idea. But I'm willing to bet if he comes here and sees the pictures of those two geriatric conspiracies on each side of the board, then says, gosh, some guy on AboveTopSecret thinks I'm more popular than Reagan AND high, then I'm sure he'll be right here to respond.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Haha, oh man i wish someone would ask him in one of those live open question rally's this question. Oh man seeing him stumble all over CNN and Fox and MSNBC and whatever other no good channel that touts Obama every two seconds would really be a dream come true. I doubt he'll go into detail about such a topic though if it is unresolved.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I personally would like to see all the dirty laundry of all canidates laid out for all voters to see. Including this about McCain and his first wife.

www.washingtonmonthly.com...

and The President might have some splainin to do also.

www.tomflocco.com...

[edit on 31-7-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Now really RR! This is just another one of those non-issues concerning Barack Obama. Why would anyone care if he was doing a couple of lines of coke or toking a little weed in the privacy of his own home?

I'll have you know we live in America where this is a common every day occurrence. I think Barack is right when it come to reducing or completely eliminating the penalties for illicit drug use. It's not like they're really harming anyone..

Please don't tell me you're one of those people that truly believe drugs impair a person's judgement and makes them stupid?

[edit on 31-7-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I HOPE he still does them and fights like hell to get the prohibitions lifted on them! All that it is going to do is make drugs easier to get at a better quality and not dangerous,. for that matter. I would rather see a coke head buy a gram from a pharmacy than kill someone over a poor quality product that will kill them anyway.

As for pot, there is NO reason it should be illegal in the first place.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So what? Show me a politician with a clean background and I'll show you the world's greatest PR person. Bush did drugs, too, and is an alcoholic. But he said he was a Christian so people let it slide.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by screamo
Haha, oh man i wish someone would ask him in one of those live open question rally's this question. Oh man seeing him stumble all over CNN and Fox and MSNBC and whatever other no good channel that touts Obama every two seconds would really be a dream come true. I doubt he'll go into detail about such a topic though if it is unresolved.

Can you IMAGINE the uproar!

"Mr. Obama, you admitted that you used drugs in the past. My questions to sir - do you still use them now and would you be willing to submit to a drug test?"

Everyone would go absolutely apes**t!! The Democrats would be screaming that's a racist question, the Republicans would be laughing so hard they'd be peeing their pants.

Olbermann would be ready to string the question asker up as the most "unAmerican" person alive while Hannity and Limbaugh would gladly stand offstage at the next Obama rally each holding a urine sample container.

Ohhhhh man! Thanks for the sweet mental picture!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Uh yeah, and Bush is probably the most idiotic President to be in office so far.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
When did Obama STOP doing drugs?

No, seriously, since he's so young I'm guessing about 5 minutes after John McCain left his deformed wife, married a model and called her a # in front of the press.

About then.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
From everything I've read hes done them as late as 1991. Im pretty sure hes confirmed this.

There have been reports that he hooked up with a homosexual male and did coke with him while being an senator.

This report has been brought up once or twice by the media, but since it really cant be proven I haven't heard much on it.

Way too much doubt on his past. No doubt on McCains. I think that's pretty obvious.

[edit on 7/31/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was still using illicit street drugs, I can guarantee you, his supporters would then begin to rationalize it and make excuses for his unlawful behavior.

In the end, you'd be labeled an insensitive racist for having the audacity to mention it in polite company..

Can you say "Brainwashed?"... I knew you could!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Way too much doubt on his past. No doubt on McCains. I think that's pretty obvious.

Exactly Andrew. The man beloved by billions is a hoax. The man that spent a decade butt up in a tiger cage giving away secrets is your boy.

Gosh, can we find a more compromised 1,000 year old Bush third-term?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I ain't no fool. I am willing to bet there are many government officials using drugs. They just have enough power to keep it secret. I believe it is a double standard, but just like celebrities they get away with a lot of things while the average citizen gets screwed.

Not that relevant of an issue to me. All I ask is that if a government official pops positive on a drug test treat him or her like they would someone on the street.

A rarity here, but I agree with you Jamie. It seems that whenever a politician gets caught in some unseemly deed the followup is an explanation of an addiction to pain killers or booze and how they are going for treatment. I would go as far as saying that given the nature of ambition and politics that drug and alchohal abuse are more common in politics than many other professions.

as for Obama...as always...show me the proof and I'll talk about it. The rest is just BS. When did Cindy McCain stop using? How long did she steal pain pills from the charity she funded? How much does John McCain drink? He certainly has a temper. Not really relevant unless we are given a reason to believe it's a current issue and a candidate is still using. Obama was the one to "out" his past drug use. I say take hima t his word and let it be. The rest is just POLITICS AS USUAL and UGLY.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
So what? Show me a politician with a clean background and I'll show you the world's greatest PR person. Bush did drugs, too, and is an alcoholic. But he said he was a Christian so people let it slide.

Ok, but you also have to admit that we've never heard the end of it in 7 years.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
With all the attention on him for so long it would have been appearant by now if he was still using drugs.

Btw, smokes are MUCH tougher to quit than ANYTHING else.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
never mentioned fighting withdrawals. We all know he is having problems quitting smoking...I think quitting coc aine might be a little tougher than cigarettes?

You would think so, wouldn't you?? Certainly an illegal drug like coc aine is much harder to quit than cigarettes.

I can tell you from personal experience that it isn't.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Quitting Cocaine isn't even remotely as hard as quitting cigarettes

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I had actually had the thought that maybe this could be the guy to get weed finally legalized.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join