It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Looks Familiar...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I didn't know where exactly this belonged, so if it needs to be moved I apologize.

I ran across this yesterday. It's NASA's heat shield demonstration for the Orion crew capsule. I think it looks eerily familiar. Yes? No?

Heat Shield

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Are you trying to say that it looks like a UFO? I'm not sure what you're getting at. But that's not a bad thing, i'm just lost lol.

What do you think it looks eerily similar too, Darth Chrisious?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by screamo

Yes...a UFO. I just found it ironic.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hmmm,

Looks very familar indeed. I wonder how long they've been flying these little babies around for?

I also wonder, where did they get the idea???

Nice find. Have a star.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Bear in mind that what's in that photograph is *just* the heat shield. It'll look a lot less like a UFO when the actual vehicle is attached to it.

How long have "they" been flying these around? Depends on who "they" were. The Russian Vostok spacecraft had an ablative heat shield, and first flew in March of 1961. The American Mercury capsule was testing its heat shield / launch vehicle interface in September of 1959. Take your pick, and subtract from August 2008 to get your answer.

Where did "they" get the idea? Aerodynamics was a very serious subject long before there was a space program. I'm not sure who got to patent the concept, but it's derived from aerodynamic principles, not alien technology, or any desire to emulate the shape of a "UFO".

new topics

top topics

join