It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bang, Big Headache

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just so that I am clear: I am not arguing against the Big Bang theory.

If our universe had a beginning, then does that mean there was nothingness before it? If our universe truly popped into existence from absolute nothingness, then that means there was a time before our universe where there was absolute nothingness; furthermore, that means our universe could have popped into existence sooner, later, or not at all; ergo there was either a conscious decision at one point, (that is an interesting thought) or the event was spontaneous. Moreover, how could and more importantly, why would complex methodologies such as evolution even exist in a seemingly chaotic universe? And if the universe is not truly chaotic, then who structured it? Or are some of you under the impression that all of these structures and systems we observe today (and continue to discover) only appear to be purposeful systems fueled by an ultimate plan, when really they are just products of chance, or to be more precise: the end result of variables "set" (for lack of a better word) at the beginning of our universe?

To recap: do some of you really believe that our universe spontaneously popped into existence from absolute nothingness, with the parameters necessary to form systems such as mathematics, gravity, evolution, et cetera, and that these systems just happened to allow for the creation of suns, planets, life and intelligent life? Or do some of you just ignore this matter completely by saying: "What is, is, so it does not matter"?

That's a lot of questions!

[edit on 31-7-2008 by YSM85]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i love these questions, however, they often seem a little psychotic to me because as soon as you consider the beginning of the universe, it basically means you are talking to yourself and anything i say was said so that you would hear exactly what you needed to hear. the voice in your head, whether ranting, praying, babbling, or chanting is simply you validating your self-created, self-limitations. to hush the noise, stop talking...stop...talking. Listen.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by v1.01]

join