It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado man discovers girlfriend is transgender, allegedly kills him

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Colorado man discovers girlfriend is transgender, allegedly kills him

www.suntimes.com

A Colorado man is accused of fatally battering a sex partner with a fire extinguisher after discovering that his companion was a transgender woman.

Allen Ray Andrade, 31, faces several charges, including second-degree murder in the death of Justin Zapata, 20, who was known as Angie Zapata. The victim’s bloodied, battered body was discovered in her apartment by her sister on July 17.

Weld County District Attorney Ken Buck said Wednesday that he is considering filing first-degree murder charges and may prosecute the death as a hate crime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I actually feel damn sorry for this guy, to be honest. I think it's dumb to paint this as a hate crime merely because the victim was in a minority of people. I have no idea what I'd do if I had ever found myself in this situation, but I gotta say my reaction might have been the same as Andrade's. Not me being hatefull, just me being honest.

www.suntimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't think I'd go to the degree he did, but yeah - somebody would be getting their a$$ whooped.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

somebody would be getting their a$$ whooped.

I wouldn't use that analogy if I were you...

Seriously though, sounds like a freaky situation to me. Most dudes would completely loose it in this situation....possible "temporary" insanity.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

and thats why honesty is the best policy, does someone deserve to die over this?

NO, without a doubt, granted there are reprecussions for situations like this, and have known friends who have not been upfront about being transgendered, but most want to escape that title

its such a touchy subject, per se, but I think being honest is the best way to get through things like this

its a shame a "person" had to die

i think he is wrong for the murder, maybe not wrong in his anger and feeling a sense of betrayal

either way it sucks, the transgender is dead and now he will face jail

who wins?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
A, probably, stupid question but is the link working. I get nothing.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Works for me. It's the Chicago Sun Times, if you need to search their main page, but the direct link doesn't seem to be glitched on my machine.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Must be on my machine then. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Wow...call me sick but I think the guy is justified. If that happened to me I would lose it and probably do the same. I mean thats just not right at all. I just dont know how the guy couldnt figure out the he/she was born a he.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
From the article...

He said he also spent the night at Zapata’s apartment, but in separate beds. The next day, Zapata left Andrade alone in her apartment, and Andrade noticed several photographs that led him to question Zapata’s gender.

Okay, they meet on MySpace, spend a day and night together but slept in separate beds?

There is something wrong with this story, I can't put my finger on it (don't want to either) but this seems like a case where someone became consumed with guilt and in a moment of rage and panic murdered someone.

I may be totally wrong here, but how could a guy not know something was wrong here long before the alleged admission by the victim?

The story claims that the victim performed oral sex on the alleged murderer, but would not let him touch 'her'. Among other things this should have sent up red flags... Long before it got to the next day.

No matter what, no excuse for murder.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet money that it will actually be charged as a "crime of passion" instead of a "hate crime".

Hate Crime (from Wikipedia);

Hate crimes (also known as bias motivated crimes) occur when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her membership in a certain social group, usually defined by racial group, religion, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender, gender identity, or political affiliation.

Crime of Passion (from Wikipedia);

A crime of passion, in popular usage, refers to a crime in which the perpetrator commits a crime, especially assault or murder, against a spouse or other loved one because of sudden strong impulse such as a jealous rage or heartbreak rather than as a premeditated crime. A typical crime of passion, for example, might involve a husband who discovers his wife has made him a cuckold and proceeds to brutally batter or even kill his wife or the man with whom she was involved. It is important to note that women are also capable of such violent behaviour e.g. Ruth Ellis.

Which of those definitions seems to fit the crime here? This was not a premeditated crime.

I'm not defending what he did, but in some countries, Crime of passion can be used a valid defense.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Tiloke]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Wow...call me sick but I think the guy is justified. If that happened to me I would lose it and probably do the same. I mean thats just not right at all. I just dont know how the guy couldnt figure out the he/she was born a he.

ok you are sick, if murder justifies that

I could introduce you to some of my trans friends and a few that youd have no clue what so ever and would have you drooling over

its not always a case of a really tall woman with man hands and a 5 o clock shadow and a bulge in the tight jeans look

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Temporary insanity maybe?

If I had met a 'bird' on myspace, got a bit freaky with it but not gone the whole nine, and next morning found out it was a 'He'...

and then
to get rid of evidence 'cause I would be

and then i'd

... and i'd never tell a soul either.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Interesting thread. Very revealing.

First, it's an example of Objectification.

Second, if murder was an acceptable response to someone 'not being who they represented themselves as', we'd see the death of quite a few 'playahs', now wouldn't we?

Third, it's an example of homosexual panic or gay panic defense.

So, while it might be disturbing, it hardly rises to the level of justification for murder.

I think doing this crime is an indication of anti-social behavior; people who kill are the ones who need to be locked up, or even forfeit their right to live (though I'm not a strong capital punishment advocate).

Look closely. If you support this you might be psycho-social or even psychotic, or a homicidal maniac under development.

But back to the case. I wonder if the suspect had some inkling that all was not right, but subconsciously hid the fact. Some TS pass very well, but they are rare enough.

Sad story.

2 cents.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Wow... um... ok...

I guess if your looking for sex on Myspace... you get what you look for...

On another note... it seems like every other story now is about a Transgender person... and damm these articles are hard to read...

Hes a she, and shes a he, but he isnt a he anymore...

We are living in one F-ed up time... at least thats how i see it... other probaly think that we are living in the greatest time ever...

Where the Moral Truths no longer matter, and what Is, ceases to be, and only becomes whate people want...

If opionion rules over facts, then we are dead as a society, we just dont know it yet.

This specfici case is crazy... i mean, i would be pretty pissed too...

Think about it, you are all ready to go meet a girl, and do what you do, and everything is good, until you find out that the person you met isnt realy a girl, but actualy some sick, perverted, messed-up in the head, dude!

I mean, i think yiou have every right to knock the living daylights out of the dude...

And so we are clear, this dude, was a dude... Just because a guy calls himself a girl, doesnt mean its the truth... Remember, facts are what matters, opionions are not the truth.

Its going to be intresting to see how the media spins this... if they try to make the GUY seem like the sick, weird one, when the other guy was so f-ed up in the head, he thought he was a chick...

This is realy a sucky story though... and a horrible situation...

Can you imagine something like this... Thinking you are with a girl, everything emotional, and physical going on, and then you go down south, and dont find a crevace, but package not dissimilar to your own...

I dont think there is a more terrorfying 'social' experience...

This guy needs to be prosequted to the full extend, for Murder... Because thats what it is, when a man kills a man, its murder...

Does Colorado have the Death Penalty? At first thought, i wouldnt think so, but do they?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
As much as I think it is sad that the victim ended up a victim in this case, this isn't the only time something like this has happened. I know that not all transgenders lie about or fail to mention their situation to potential lovers but I know there are many that do and they need to stop. A persons sexuality (gay, straight or bi) is a big deal to a person and it's hard enough finding out that the person you are with is lying to you but lying about gender is something big.

Again, that did not justify this man/lady's murder. But a good way of preventing this for transgenders in the future is to be honest about yourself.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
.....wouldnt your first indication be an adam's apple?

Hairy arms

hair legs

not so "girlish" sounding voice?

I mean, honestly. I dont have any experience, what so ever (thank God) with transgender encounters, but i would assume a guess that says if you think its not a flash light poking you

its because it isn't.

Now, this guy has to go to jail, AND suffer the embarassment.

It'd have been better suited for him just to walk away and never speak a word of it.

"Hey, Bill, what happened to Kelly?"

"Oh, that dumb *snip* died"

end of story.....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
its hard to determine who is a transgender anymore.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Andrew, some girls do have adams apples. I have one, granted it isn't as big as a mans adams apple but it is there. And I am 100% woman!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
.....wouldnt your first indication be an adam's apple?

Hairy arms

hair legs

not so "girlish" sounding voice?

I mean, honestly. I dont have any experience, what so ever (thank God) with transgender encounters, but i would assume a guess that says if you think its not a flash light poking you

its because it isn't.

Now, this guy has to go to jail, AND suffer the embarassment.

It'd have been better suited for him just to walk away and never speak a word of it.

"Hey, Bill, what happened to Kelly?"

"Oh, that dumb *snip* died"

end of story.....

Estrogen and fancy surgeries can easily fool people.

And too be honest, I don't think it would turn out too differently if it was me. I don't think I would intentionally kill him, but I could see myself doing it in a fit of rage.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join