It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: To Provoke War, Cheney Considered Proposal To Dress Up Navy Seals As Iranians And Shoot A

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

EXCLUSIVE: To Provoke War, Cheney Considered Proposal To Dress Up Navy Seals As Iranians And Shoot At Them»

thinkprogress.org

Speaking at the Campus Progress journalism conference earlier this month, Seymour Hersh — a Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist for The New Yorker — revealed that Bush administration officials held a meeting recently in the Vice President’s office to discuss ways to provoke a war with Iran.

Read on for more joyous information regarding the machinations of the administration we are stuck with..., and anticipate who the next leader will be ....
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: It just occurred to me that since Hersh made this assertion last month this does NOT qualify as 'breaking news'. My Apologies to all.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Is it just that we 'have' to go to war with anyone who controls oil? Why did our VP even entertain the notion of 'tricking' Iran into starting hostilities with us?

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
and you believe this radical left wingnut?

what does he have for proof?
this is lame

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Is he lying? I can't expand on this question further. It seems that to come out and simply fabricate such a story would be out of character..., or do you hold that he's left-wing therefore he is lying?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Hersh has a damn good track record of breaking shocking stories that turn out to be entirely true: Mai Lai, Project Jennifer, Abu Ghraib... I could go on for a while here...

He manages to do so, not because he is a "left wing nut", but because he has successfully built a network of contacts within the US military that trust him and know he'll get the truth out.

Not everyone in the military is willing to stand by and let a Mai Lai or Abu Ghraib happen without consequences. Plenty of people in the military still hold the honor of the United States as a dearer value to them than simple political or tactical expedience.

[edit on 7/31/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
reply to post by Fathom

Hersh has a damn good track record of breaking shocking stories that turn out to be entirely true: Mai Lai, Project Jennifer, Abu Ghraib... I could go on for a while here...

He manages to do so, not because he is a "left wing nut", but because he has successfully built a network of contacts within the US military that trust him and know he'll get the truth out.

Not everyone in the military is willing to stand by and let a Mai Lai or Abu Ghraib happen without consequences. Plenty of people in the military still hold the honor of the United States as a dearer value to them than simple political or tactical expedience.
[edit on 7/31/08 by xmotex]

Dude, I like you! As I do most anyone who understands that (at the very least) the American enlisted ARE for the most part loyal, honorable, and dedicated to preservation of the Constitution, despite who's "in charge".

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Doesn't surprise me in the LEAST.

Need I mention Operation Northwoods?

Let alone the sour lemon that was the Iraq War, I mean these people will do anything to the accomplish the end result.

The upper echelons of the Military-Industrial Complex have always had this kind of mindset.
"Screw honour, screw the constitution, screw life"; what matters to them is their own personal agenda.

This is a case of the means justifying the end, if they have to resort to killing their own soldiers to use as a pretext to a start another Oil Expedition they will do so.

Money talks after all....

The far-reaching connections the Republicans have to the military industry, to contractors, the Petroleum Industry and powerful, influential individuals means there is a lot of money and power at stake for everyone in this "elite circle".
For the greater good you could say, but there's nothing good in deceiving the world and claiming to be spreading freedom when your really just sticking people up for all they've got. Just on a massive scale.

Again, not surprising.
They've already sacrificed 4,000 plus of their own men in Iraq, I'm sure a couple for Iran wouldn't make any difference to them.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would have expected that the statement, made by Hersh, would have drawn a more robust response from the administration. I guess their PR people no when to leave well enough alone.

Every time Cheney holds a meeting we should worry.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
No surprises anymore. Im almost numb to the corruption and collusion these days from our government. The stench no longer affects me for I have gotten used to it. Maybe the dems will change everything....oh wait they are part of the 2 party crime family also. Good find Max.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Every time Cheney holds a meeting we should worry.
agreed but the thing is we never know when he has a secret meeting well because its secret, as for as someone quoting what he said in a secret meeting it holds as much water as a fish net! still i would not trust him as far as i could throw him.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

This is called a False Flag Operation.

Wikipedia : False Flag Operations

[edit on 1-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
is cheney crazy or what,,,,,, there is no end to their madness,,,,,,,and gues what we will attack iran,,, it's jst a matter of when---

also,,, we know how crazy this man is,,,,,,yet this will never make main stream news,,,,,,and in a couple months when some "event" occurs to attack iran,,,,,,,the american sheep will fall for it hard and say"let's get em,,, they're bad!!"

it actually makes me sick to think of how our wold works and what is goin on,,,,,, i actually spent a decent amunt of time debating in my head whether i really want to bring a child into this world,,, in the the state it's in and where we're going,,,,,,isn't that terrible,,,,,,that you even have to contemplate that`,,,,,,,,and the lie that the world is better than it's ever been,,,,,,kiss my -ss!!!! it's maybe worse than ever!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If the US attacks Iran will it be before the November elections? If and when another war begins will Bush remain in office and cancel the elections?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
and you believe this radical left wingnut?

what does he have for proof?
this is lame

I suppose things only exist once you have concrete proof? Just like Operation Northwoods... maybe papers will come out in 30-40 years on this.

The idea is that we are trying to start a war with Iran by not directly attacking them. We've got a policy of regime change with Iran (just like we did with Iraq).

We have active sanctions against them.
We have "covert" operations to destabilize their government.
We have run military exercises explicitly aimed at defending against an Iran defensive (before they shot their 9 missiles off).

If ANY country did any of these to us, we would be at war.

Should the day ever come that some "Iranian" attacks a US destroyer while on his aluminum fishing boat... and a war starts... You sir, remember this article.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

Just a heads-up, you're wasting your time saying anything to some people, as they are here to detract from the conversation, and not add anything intelligent to it.

As I pointed out earlier, False Flag Operations are talked about all the time on ATS.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hmm, if it wasn't for thefreepatriot making a topic of his own here, I would have never seen this topic. Considering that it's Dick Cheney we're talking about, it doesn't really surprise me all too much, but I am a bit surprised that this was brought out in the open so easily.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Even if this was true why Seals? Delta would seem like a more reallistic option.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Cheney chances to get his hand and his profiteer blood feeding machine in Iran is running low. I will no doubt that his derange mind is looking for some way to get something started and the closes we get to elections the more dangerous his ideas may become.

new topics

top topics

join