It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dropa Stones

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
I don't see why the guy's name is even of any importance. There are millions of unique names derived from original names. There's no way in hell that you can identify a hoax by the origin of anyone's name. People have been known to change or vary their names for as long as humans have existed. To me, that's a very weak analogy.

Ah So! Confucious say if looking for Chinese story ask the Chinese...

Whats in a name?

到了1960年,北京大學楚聞明(Tsum Um Nui)教授,發現那石碟上含有鈷等金屬,用超音波或電波給它一定頻率的激發後,就會有節奏的振動起來。經多年 的研究成功的翻譯出石碟和的碑文。當他完成這個研究時,卻面臨到一個難題:就是校方禁止他發表這項報告。因 為他的結論過於驚人,他說那些石碑是敘述一件外星太空船墜毀的事件。

Now in the above paragraph from a Chinese report on this subject we see the name (Tsum Um Nui) in brackets...

Here is a literal translation of that paragraph...

To in 1960, Beijing University Chu Wenming (Tsum Um Nui) professor, had discovered that stone small dish morning has metal and so on cobalt, after supersonic wave or electric wave for it certain frequency stimulation, can have the rhythm the vibration. Studies successful translation Shi Tieh after many years and the inscribed text. When he completes this research, actually faces to a difficult problem: Is the school authorities forbids him to publish this report. Because his conclusion too is astonishing, he said these steles narrate the event which an outside star space ship crashes.

So now we have CHU WENMING

Here is another paragraph....

大約在1937和1938年間,一個由中國考古學家齊福泰(Chi Pu Tei)帶領的考古隊在西藏東北部的巴顏喀拉山山脈的一處洞穴中,發現了很多史前壁畫。畫有太陽能及其它星系的� �線,還有頭帶圓形頭盔的人像。而且在壁畫之旁發現有許多奇怪的墓穴,這些墓空沒有任何碑文,裡面埋葬著類� �侏儒人的遺骸。從這些屍骨可看出他們的身體非常纖細瘦小,但頭部卻非常大,與現今傳聞的外星人體形相似。[/ ex]

Here is (Chi Pu Tei) in brackets... Now in the transliteration it seems that (Chi Pu Tei) is the place name as the Chinese archaeologist is Qi Fut'ai

Approximately in 1,937 and 1938, in an archaeology team's northeast Tibet Bayan sierra cavern which (Chi Pu Tei) led by Chinese archaeologist Qi Fut'ai, has discovered the very many prehistorics mural. The picture has the solar energy and other galaxies segments, but also has head harness circular hard helmet the portrait. Moreover in the mural side discovered has many strange tomb pits, these grave spatial any inscribed texts, inside have not buried the similar dwarf person's remains. Is worthy of looking at they the body extremely slenderly from these skeletons thin and small, but forehead actually extremely big, is similar with the nowadays hearsay alien build.

And one more section....

但經過一番努力爭取後,這位教授最後獲得許可發表他的報告。他稱呼事件中外星人為杜立巴(Dropa)族,約於一� ��二千年前,他們民族的一部分(指洞穴中這些埋葬人)在長途的太空航行之後,潮流到第三行星(指地球),太� ��船不幸墜毀在巴顏喀拉山。大多數的族人在墜毀時死亡,少數生還者無法修復太空船只好困居山中。他們想與當� ��的原始人類友好相處,可是這裡的居民卻驅逐和追殺他們。因此,他們只好躲藏在這個小洞裡。

So it appears (Dropa),(Chi Pu Tei) and (Tsum Um Nui) don't translate into Chinese very well... So perhaps choosing the new names might yield more results

But after passes through diligently to strive for, this professor finally obtains the permission to publish his report. He calls event Chinese and foreign star artificial Du Lipa (Dropa) the race, approximately in one ten thousand 2000 ago, a their nationality's part (refers in cavern these buries person) after the long-distance outer space navigation, the tidal current to the third planet (refers to the Earth), the space ship unfortunately crashes in the Bayan. Majority clansman when crashing dies, the minority survivor is unable to repair the space ship to have sleepily to occupy in the mountain. They want in a friendly way to be together with the local primitive humanity, but here inhabitant actually pursues and pursues kills them. Therefore, they have to hide in this young hole.

Now nowhere in the Chinese version do I see 'Department of Pre-History' or published papers... only that they were not allowed to publish, And do not underestimate the power of a book burning Revolution...

What I find MOST interesting in this version is the riding the "tidal current to the third planet" Now THAT is something!!

劉紹寶

[edit on 21-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hey guys, new here. This is a very interesting topic of a historical mystery.

As a matter a fact, I play drums for an Orlando based experimental rock/funk band called, THE DROPA STONE. Check us out www.myspace.com/thedropastone and www.youtube.com/thedropastone.

We are young motivated musicians currently in the studio recording an E.P. and are deeply interested in UFO's and the paranormal. Just thought I would share since I saw the topic was on Dropa Stones. If you are on myspace, add us as a friend and let us know what you think!

Later

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Off_The_Street

PLEASE settle the argument once and for all Sir, and show us the evidence that convinced you to abandon all inquiry and shun the evidence that you know would shatter your paradigms too badly to accept.

Since you have found the Boeing, no doubt from among the hundreds of photographs taken and available on the net you can find ONE certainly that shows the wings? Or the tail? Or maybe some luggae or a few bodies? How about a whole engine? How about a dent where two engines weighing six tons each hit? No dent? My oh my!! Only ONE hole 12 X 10 feet and NO damage from the TWO huge engines? imagine that!!

Those pesky laws of physics just had to get in the way of your slumber!! An engineer, a profesional, has an obligation to examine ALL evidence that has any bearing on an issue, and exclude NONE. When someone says" you guys go and hunt the evidence..I know its there even though I can't see it", you add no impetus to belief of your side. It rings very hollow to say that you are not interested in examining the issues and facts and proof; Just content to imagine..and that is NOT the hallmark of a professional, but a dreamer.

What a sham the veneer is when stripped away! Under al the pomp and circumstance the professionals are the WORST offenders when it comes to upholding the tenets of professional examination and critical thinking. The evidence screams out and yet the denial is welcomed with open arms , for comforts sake. Admit it and be honest: If you knew without any shred of doubt that it was all an inside job you would lose the ability to maintain the necessary illusions that you would need to continue on with your life. It would alter your paradigms so radically that you would not be able to comprehend the results, thus accounting for your persistent denial of the obvious.

So, Sir, I ask you, since you state that you ' found ' the Boeing, please show us where you found it, so that we might join you in assurance that all is well with the people who are holding the keys to the kingdom. Let us share in your confidence, lest you be seen as selfish..allow your fellow man to understand the truth that you are so sure of: Show us the Boeing.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Damned Originally posted that the stones where made up of Granite, which is totally wrong. If he wasn't so closed minded and actually put fourth the effort to do a little research he would of known that the stones where made up of Cobalt, Iron, and Nickel, and Granite is made up of Feldspar, Quartz, and Mica. Thats like saying that the Roswell incident was a weather balloon. When there was over 90 witnesses who handled the material at Roswell and stated that it was no way possible that it was a weather balloon. It is is illogical and ignorant to say that there is no other life out there and we are alone in this vast universe, I'm not saying that the Dropa legend is true, but i'm not falsifying it either. I also believe that it is very possible that the story is true. There are over 11 million people who have either reported, or known someone who has seen a U.F.O. So damned the next time you go posting on a National website get your facts straight, Also your link doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by undisclosed
Damned Originally posted that the stones where made up of Granite, which is totally wrong. If he wasn't so closed minded and actually put fourth the effort to do a little research he would of known that the stones where made up of Cobalt, Iron, and Nickel,

No, they are made of fairies, ranbows and unicorn excerement,.

The stuff of dreams.

I'm not saying that the Dropa legend is true, but i'm not falsifying it either. I also believe that it is very possible that the story is true. There are over 11 million people who have either reported, or known someone who has seen a U.F.O. So damned the next time you go posting on a National website get your facts straight, Also your link doesn't work.

So, you think it's possible that in a couple of years a guy could translate an alien language written in an alien alphabet?

Are you aware that there are a number of scripts here on Earth that have never been translated, despite a hundred years of effort?

And these scripts were invented and written by human beings.

The entire idea is complete hogwash, and the story itself has been called "my best (or favorite - I can't remember which) hoax" by the author of the first publication that mentions them. Can't remember the title of that book, but the pseudonym he used was "Robyn" somebody.

Harte

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hey I said nothing even close to the fact that I believe in this #. I said that anything is a possibility and that it is very ignorant to go running your damn mouth off about people you don't even know. know one personally knows Tsum Um Nui and every time someone mentions anything related to U.F.O's or the paranormal there automatically either crazy or on dope. No its close minded people focused on ridicule cause they have a stick in there ass or playing apart in this world wide government cover up So don't go putting #ing words in my mouth I said nothing of the sort that ever even came close to saying. "Oh I believe this legend one hundred percent." An here's a little bit of information about me, I have a masters in Biology from Washington state university and a bachelors in physics. So before anyone decides to go an say. "This guy is ignorant." I can tell you where you can shove your words.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by undisclosed]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
I would venture to say this is an elaborate hoax. Not so much on the story itself, but by the amazing lack of any other piece of information to be found. When you search the web for "Dropa Stones" you'll find lots of returns (200+), but almost all of them are this article, copied-and-pasted, complete with the same pictures. If this were a real story, there would be some other pieces of material in alternate forms.

Internet Legend.

Oh no. The Dropa stones are hugely famous in UFO-lore and have been for many, many years.

I don't have anything to say on the matter right now but just wanted to make sure people know that this isn't a hoax. At least not in the way you mean.

Search for the Dropa people.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Here is a site with lots of info on the Dropa stones..

www.theastralworld.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It might of interest to people that there seems to be *a lot* of interest in the Dropa Discs in chinese communities. Well there is generally a lot of interest in UFOs. China's national TV did a series on UFOs and one of the episodes, which first aired in 2008 was about the Dropa Discs. Here's the link to the video - but there are no subtitles; it is narrated in Mandarin Chinese.

jishi.cntv.cn...

It runs 35 minutes and there's some useful information in there - if you can see past the re-enactions/dramatisations which are actually somewhat hilarious. They interviewed Hausdorf, who seems to be the strongest proponent of the 'story'. The producers of the program couldn't locate the alleged paper (of the translation), nor the discs, nor the caves.. They suspect it is a hoax.

The discussion about the names in Chinese -- I haven't done enough research to say anything conclusive really. But it does seem that the romanizations are somewhat strange (I know Mandarin and Cantonese and have some familiarity with Taiwanese/Hokkien). What's more, different Chinese websites have given different Chinese versions of the name, as if the Chinese names are a translation made from some other language. While it is possible that the scientists really existed, that their original names were badly romanized, and they were somehow 'obscured', leading to the current confusion about their real names (both the romanized and Chinese forms), we should also perhaps suspect that something is amiss? Because I do not have clear evidence to either support or deny the claims, I will not suggest an opinion. However we might invoke Occam's Razor, and... Well to paraphrase the producers of the program: in the case of Roswell, even though it has not been confirmed by the US government or military, there seems to exist a lot of supporting evidence, whereas in the Dropa Event everything is so vague, it seems to be a fictional account.

Something else of interest in the video - historical records of other unexplained and highly credible UFO sightings, and the 1981 event which supposedly hundreds of thousands of people witnessed - the narrator speaks of a spiral shaped UFO that traveled 2000km over Chinese skies.

I hope this gives you more to think about!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
I would venture to say this is an elaborate hoax. Not so much on the story itself, but by the amazing lack of any other piece of information to be found. When you search the web for "Dropa Stones" you'll find lots of returns (200+), but almost all of them are this article, copied-and-pasted, complete with the same pictures. If this were a real story, there would be some other pieces of material in alternate forms.

Internet Legend.

So,internet legend?
I remember reading about the dropa stones before the internet.
Has this ever been proven to be a hoax??
I have always been very interested in this story.
But now I understand.

Bad Archaeology is the brainchild of a couple of archaeologists who are fed up with the distorted view of the past that passes for knowledge in popular culture. We are unhappy that books written by people with no knowledge of real archaeology dominate the shelves at respectable bookshops. We do not appreciate news programmes that talk about ley lines (for example) as if they are real. In short, we are Angry Archaeologists.

badarchaeology.wordpress.com...
edit on 23-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join