It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Drowning in Water take you to another dimension?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Please don't think I've lost it. I am seriously asking if their could be any truth to this.

Okay. So has everyone seen the movie Constantine? In the movie, the characters sometimes have to travel to "hell" and to do this, they have to be suspended in water. (the girl had to actually be drowned, but Constantine just put his feet in a bucket of water)

Now, I know this is a fictional movie and I know that people who drown (God bless them) do actually die. I'm just wondering if this idea of "traveling dimensions by water" was just off the top of the creator's head or is their any link to some sort of ancient practice or something.

Just thought it might be an interesting thread topic.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

well maybe when you die in any sort of way you go to a different dimention but i think that idea was just off of the characters head because what are you not going to find in hell ? water so thats why they probably chose that over something else.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I almost drown in a river when I was a kid, the current got ahold of me.
It was just wet really.

You should look into people that have actually had to get revived and see what sort of Near death experiences they describe. They usually say they get that "at peace" feeling. Maybe thats riiight before you plunge into who knows where.
There are a few myths where water takes you to another world/hell but I'm failing to remember which ones.

And didnt robin williams have to go into water before he got to hell in "what dreams may come" - another great one.
Love that movie btw.

Don't try it out though!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Privy_Princess
Please don't think I've lost it. I am seriously asking if their could be any truth to this.

Okay. So has everyone seen the movie Constantine? In the movie, the characters sometimes have to travel to "hell" and to do this, they have to be suspended in water. (the girl had to actually be drowned, but Constantine just put his feet in a bucket of water)

Now, I know this is a fictional movie and I know that people who drown (God bless them) do actually die. I'm just wondering if this idea of "traveling dimensions by water" was just off the top of the creator's head or is their any link to some sort of ancient practice or something.

Just thought it might be an interesting thread topic.

I thought the important part was that they were dying, not that they were drowning. It was just a convenient way to die that didn't cause notable external trauma. Wouldn't work too well with the story if they cut their own throats or something, because they'd not be able to come back from the dead convincingly.

Water was kind of a recurring theme in the movie, but that's more of an artistic choice than a storytelling choice.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PixelMePretty

Actually when I was little I almost drowned, too. It was sort of silly. I got in on the wading side of the pool, but lost my footing and drifted onto the deeper end. I honestly remember thinking I was going to die. It was a horrific moment in my life. I remember not being able to rise to the surface and inhaling water through my nose. Then I blacked out. When I woke up my dad was giving me mouth-to-mouth. I'm still suprised that I didn't die that day. It was truly a miracle. So I can relate to your story and we are both truly blessed to be alive PixelMePretty!

But I'm starting to wonder what happened during the time I had blacked out. I know that I have had a very weird experience once...but I don't know if it was during this blackout period or if it was sometime else....

I should probably note that my mother told me that I was born with a caul. She seems to think that that may be one of the reasons that I didn't drown. They say that those born with cauls (or veils) at birth can't drown.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Privy_Princess]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

You felt that they were actually dying? I'm not sure. Especially not with the Constantine character. He just stuck his feet in some water and looked into a cat's eyes.

Of course you might be correct, but I dunno. I guess I just really want to think it's not about dying, but about that moment right in-between life and death that you can somehow transport to some other realm.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
My dad was on dive in his younger years when something went wrong. When he got pulled out he was thought to be dead as his vitals were none.

They managed to bring him back and was in hospital for a few days. He told me it was scary, real scary at first when the panicking kicked in but it was over before he knew. It felt a floating (OBE) experience and freedom he cannot explain. No amazing colors or unfamiliar smells as many NDE's claim but an overwhelming experience that i could see in his face, even if spoken about it today he "lights" up.

Maybe he never got that far to get to the see the amazing colors and experience the smells but he felt freedom he cannot describe. I know that if he could choose how to leave this world it would be by drowning.

I have read by following up on such experiences where many say it IS awful, dreadful an experience some to not want to fall victim to ever again. But many of these cases the people were pulled out before their hearts stopped so they only experienced the panic or claustrophobic side. Suppose we all differ.

I believe my father and don't doubt his words on this. That is me

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I reckon its a yes to that one !!...if you stay underwater ( without breathing apperatus ) for long enough..you will go to another dimension!!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ok ive got a serius related issue. i think ive slipped twice through dimensions not outside, but inside. since dimensions really are trimensions. Not just one or the other, but involving you as well, a variable 3rd dimension. Water and breathing have alot to do with travel based on early depictions of egyptians taking a mushroom like ankh, laying down while a depicted waterdoor is before the subject. There are spots where the earth is more thin than others. Its possible with the right frequency shift in your dna and chemical electro shakra resonance, you might. But dont drown to death...

I have in the past, partied. While on a certain substance, not of alcoholic nature. I saw a soft but bright light and fell over, came to after 30 seconds each time. but i wonder sometimes if i didnt connect to another dimension and the light was my ions finding rersonance with another dimension, while hallucinating the construct perhaps?

new topics

top topics

join