It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Yoron-Jima 1954...Has it returned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Whilst reading reports of UFO sightings at sea in Blue Book I was struck by the following report.
Most of the cases included within Blue Book have been studied, investigated and concluded, with explanations such as terrestrial aircraft or meteorological / astronomical phenomenon.

This case report stood out as it was left unidentified.
Because of the unusual appearance of the craft it's hardly surprising!

The following is taken directly from the report-

SS Docteur Angier - August 12, 1954
At 20:55 local time near the Yoron-Jima Island in the Pacific Ocean, two civilian
witnesses saw a 100-ft diameter disk approach their ship from the NE. The two witnesses
(Mr. Percharde and his assistant Kosei Nakamoto) were on the deck of SS Docteur
Angier when they were first attracted to a thin line of blue light in the sky about 300 ft
over sea level. As the light approached the ship, it became an ellipse and as it came
directly over the ship it became a circle. The center of the disk was jet black and was
surrounded by an annular ring. The width of the annular ring was blue in color and its
inner edge was pink. Its 100 feet diameter was estimated when the object flew over the
ship. After the object reached the ship, it rose vertically and disappeared into clouds at
2,000-ft elevation. Both witnesses were interviewed by USAF Intelligence. The USAF
intelligence officer who prepared the Air Intelligence Information Report drew a sketch
of the sighting based on the interrogations of the two witnesses. Figure 21 shows the
diagram made by the US Intelligence Officer to describe this UFO sighting.
Blue Book Conclusion: Unidentified

Unfortunately no photo or film evidence is available for this sighting but a sketch of the craft can be found here along with this and other reports.

www.waterufo.net...

I wondered whether other similar objects had been witnessed and came across this, taken quite recently.

ca.youtube.com...

I think you'll agree, it's not far from the descriptions of Perchande and Nakamoto, some 54 years ago.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Adding to the earlier post, this is news footage of another blue rimmed UFO.

ca.youtube.com...

It's a pity that there's no sense of scale on this one.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Ok, becoming slightly obsessed with these ring UFOs now.
To the point of repeatedly replying my own post!

The craft witnessed over the sea in 1954 had all the characteristics of that shown in the first video-
Illuminated blue rim.....yep, thats fairly blue
Pink inner edge.....i see pink there
Black centre......check

The objects in the videos are not your usual, everyday type of UFO so surely someone must have some kind of reasoning to what they may be?
Or have witnessed something similar?
Or has this been posted forty times before?
Any input would be much appreciated.

new topics

join