It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Caught on Webcam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's most likely a fake, but pretty well done for CGI

You be the judge: ca.youtube.com...

[edit on 31-7-2008 by TallWhites]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Why would you have a home security camera recording the sky rather than the ground?

OK. He does provide an excuse.

the original poster of this video quotes:

"Ok, this is to make clear why the camera is positioned the way it is:

The camera is for viewing people who knock on the door - thats it. It sits about 2 feet from the ground. If you stand on my porch and ring the bell, this camera points right in your face and upper body.

It's mounted upwards like this because people have a habit of wearing hats so a downward camera doesn't work so well. It's hidden so you can't see it (you can just see the edge of the hole it's in in the video)

The camera is a simple webcam connected to my PC. I use motion detection to set off a 1 minute video capture. I use a webcam so that I get clear images.

Even though there is a lot of sky in the shot, you can (almost) see the bottom of the door across the road. This camera picks up cars that pass and park in front of my house too.

I hope that's a little clearer now for those who made comments about the positioning. I was suprised to come back and see that so many of you hadn't figured that out by yourselves."

[edit on 7/31/08 by CO Vet]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have a feeling this will become the next edition to the compilation list of hoaxes. That craft looks similar to one of the 3 from the dominican republic hoax I believe it was. CGI

*edit*
Yes this matches the 3rd UFO from the CGI dominican republic hoax video.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
Why would you have a home security camera recording the sky rather than the ground?

It says in the info part that:

"The camera is for viewing people who knock on the door - thats it. It sits about 2 feet from the ground. If you stand on my porch and ring the bell, this camera points right in your face and upper body.

It's mounted upwards like this because people have a habit of wearing hats so a downward camera doesn't work so well. It's hidden so you can't see it (you can just see the edge of the hole it's in in the video)".

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TallWhites

Think it's just another video graphic artist dropout trying to make a name for himself by copying someone else's work.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hoax and not as good as i've seen for CGI
the first 1/4 of the shoot had alot of herky Jerky movement in the sky.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's pretty good looking, Best home made CGI I've seen in a while.
But tell him to keep his day job Hollywood won't come calling anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I moreso question the small (bird?) object above the craft that seems to disappear randomly into the clouds.

But yeah, complex UFOs like that scream hoax every time. There's too much to them.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If it's CGI (which I'm guessing) he could have done a better job. The thing that jumped out at me was the distortion on the powerlines when it goes past them.

Just saying is all,
Cuhail

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I have a feeling this will become the next edition to the compilation list of hoaxes. That craft looks similar to one of the 3 from the dominican republic hoax I believe it was. CGI

*edit*
Yes this matches the 3rd UFO from the CGI dominican republic hoax video.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by NephraTari]

Anyone watch this yet? Its a hoax.

no question, its the same as the last ufo in this hoax video

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
He also has a NWO video on his site that was added weeks before the UFO footage, thats a tip-off he was interested in occult before he got "lucky" with his webcam.
That tells me its a fake

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
if you watch the very top right corner the clouds are slightly moving to the left and downward a little overall. But at the 22 second mark in the very top right corner, the clouds seem to loup backwards ever so slightly.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Well, you posted it, what do you think? If you think it a CGI fake, then just exactly what motivated you to post it here?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I loved the string of dominican republic videos that came out, before they were found out to be hoaxes... i remember that tingling feeling and the hair on my arms stand up the first time i saw them. very exciting.
too bad we can't get a real ufo on film that clearly or close up.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
hmm, pretty fun video. Too bad it's a fake. My favorite part was the bird that drops out of existance, the one SC brought up.

I did notice how the UFO looked slightly different when it was going behind the power lines, i little too crisp or something. I'm not sure what it is, (i'll only watch fake videos once) but it was something that reeked the distinct scent of fake. The creator needs to have the aircraft go a consitant speed the whole time, not fast to start and slow to finish.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Well, you posted it, what do you think? If you think it a CGI fake, then just exactly what motivated you to post it here?

Because when I posted I hadnt come to that conclusion yet.
Also I'm not 100% sure its fake yet, was waiting for other opinions

new topics

top topics

join