It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police, Love em or Hate em?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm typically very overt about my belief that Cops are on a a huge crime spree of abuse of power in this nation. And for the most part, I just can't standem.

But the other night something odd happened. I belong to a city that was just incorporated almost 2 years ago. Johns Creek.

After incorporation county officers disappeared and were replaced by some lent troopers from Alpharetta. Police presence was kinda low.

Well just recently we raised the funds for our own police force and now presence is actually pretty high in our area now.

I was in Out Back two nights ago with my family and I saw 5 officers come in and get some grub. This is odd, but I actually "feel safer" and have a positive respect towards these guys.

I don't know why this is. But anway, I thought I'd post it.

Isn't odd that when you have something to lose, you like having someone around to protect it?

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It all boils down to the individual. I have had some officers that were total duchebags. I also have been cut a break or two by an officer that was cool.

I think there are many police men and women that will bow down to whatever anti-constitutional order they are given no matter how orwellian it may be. Others however will not, and will actually dis-obey bad orders.

There are certainly cops that will hand in their badge when the shtf. When Martial law is declared I am certain that many of our police will join the citizens in fighting our corrupt gov't. There are federal agents, and military in the same situation.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i thought about being a police officer a year ago. I did a ride along to see if i would like it and it was very intresting.

the cop i was riding with said to me:
"son you know when i started 20 years ago people were very polite to us, always called us sir, and respected us. they liked us.
its a diffrent world today, and the second you put on the badge your name changes to "that a--hole."

"people hate us now because we have to write them tickets and take their kids away and kick them out of their homes...so if you have a problem with that, or want to be a hero, go join the fire department. everybody loves the firemen.

i decided being a cop wasnt for me. I understand they are in a difficult position, but i would respect them more if they rejected some of the bulls--t they are required to enforce.

i get a ticket for 5mph over and pedro can drive around drunk and high robbing people and they wont do anything cause he is an illegal. what a farce.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't think anyone can outright say they hate police. People may have had a negative experience before, i'm sure we all have but in another respect these people who say they hate the police will be the first to call them if they had been burgled etc. I sure would.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
There are too many people that "want there cake and to eat it to" and any time their hand gets slapped, they lash out.
I know a lot of police officers. Most are good cops and good people. There are a few that cross the line though. I used to run a nightclub and have had cops toss cops out because they were violating the rules of my privately owned business. Nothing personal, just business and the rules are the rules, just like the law is the law.
The good cops definitely dont like the bad cops, but until they are caught and prosecuted, the only action course is to stand beside the badge and maintain the law of the courts.

Quazga, I am glad to see that you have found some peace with local law enforcement. No matter how many cops I know and like, I still know and understand that there are plenty of abusive and corrupt ones across the nation and world. Knowing that you have a few good ones closeby will let you smile a bit more and sleep a bit better. And that is a good thing under any circumstance.

new topics

top topics

join