It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain bashes Daughter of Contributer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I´d assume you liberals agree that Paris Hilton Culture is no good?

This one bothers me

Im not a liberal simply because i support a liberal candidate.

I've never donated to his campaign, and i never will. its a waste of money.

That being said (
)

Yes, i think Paris Hilton is ugly, disgusting, and the ONLY reason she is famous is because of her sex video which wasnt any good anyways.

I cant stand her. or Britney spears.

But for me, thats nto the issue, i try to look deeper into it. I say there's a big difference between Obama and those bimbo's.

I say its juvenile to compare them, because the media chooses to cover them

Its equivocal to saying

"whaa mommy mommy, he got the bigger slice!!!"

McCain is a sore loser, is all im saying. And if this is the best ad he can come up with (one that blasts Obama for playing basketball with the troops, and says he never visited them) then all i can say is "i told ya so"

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I´d assume you liberals agree that Paris Hilton Culture is no good?

Who are "you liberals"? Sounds like political bait to me... :shk:

I don't have any problem with Paris Hilton or how she lives her life. It's her choice.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

Yes, i think Paris Hilton is ugly, disgusting, and the ONLY reason she is famous is because of her sex video which wasnt any good anyways.

I cant stand her. or Britney spears.

So, in short, you´re in agreement with McCain on this.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Who are "you liberals"? Sounds like political bait to me... :shk:

Its not. "Liberal" is not a bad word for me.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
On a more general note:

Breeding a culture in which no mistakes by candidates are allowed is what has angered me for a long time.

I´ll vote for the first candidate who says: "I make mistakes. There are people I dont like. Im sometimes in a foul mood".

All this scheming for perfect ratings and perfect PR is so unreal.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Personally, I'm no friend of McCain by a long shot but I thought the entire concept for the ad was regrettable rubbish. With the mess this country is in you'd think he could come up with an ad that carried more substance. Frankly, I thought the ad was simply sour grapes for all the attention Obama has been getting recently.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

That Paris Hilton is a negative character? Clearly Andrew Wiggins agrees with McCain. But that Obama is like Paris Hilton? I doubt it.

Its not. "Liberal" is not a bad word for me.

Neither Andrew or I are liberals, so who are you addressing? No need to answer that.

I´ll vote for the first candidate who says: "I make mistakes. There are people I dont like. Im sometimes in a foul mood".

I'm human like everybody else and I'm going to make mistakes. One of the things that I've prided myself on is when I make a mistake, I own up to it. -Barack Obama

Interview

Obama gets Testy

I can find you a lot of videos with McCain in a bad mood, but none where he admits to a mistake...

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
And due to skillful trolling, the topic moves to Obama once again.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Alright, you´re not a "liberal". Fine. Not that there would be anything bad about that though.

Thanks for the mistakes-quote by Obama.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

On a more general note:

Breeding a culture in which no mistakes by candidates are allowed is what has angered me for a long time.

All this scheming for perfect ratings and perfect PR is so unreal.

This is the exact campaign slogan that George Bush took to get elected into office for his first term.

Remember?

AL Gore had everything going for him, having just left office as VP, having all that experience.

But george bush was a guy who could admit his mistakes.

Look where that got us.

Politicians are the ones who create these unrealistic expectations.

I am not disagreeing with you - skyfloating - in the sense that the system as it is, is disgusting and revolting.

But it is all we have. So i've learned to live with it and use it to my advantage.

Out of every evil, can come some good.

Atleast, thats how i try to live my life

edit to add

I´ll vote for the first candidate who says: "I make mistakes. There are people I dont like. Im sometimes in a foul mood"

So i guess you'll be casting your vote for Obama then

Welcome aboard.

[edit on 7/31/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Not even by a long shot, in the context of his campaign ad.

His ad is not about how disgusting and vile Paris Hilton is. If it were, i might consider rethinking my position on McCain based on his new found discovery of common sense, though i wont be holding my breath.

His ad is trying to play off of the common knowledge that Paris Hilton IS a disgusting character, and then tries to tie Obama to the same mind set.

This is the same technique that Bush used to win the first election.

He didnt win on the issues. He didnt win on his policies.

He won because he was "different"

he "represented change" because he could admit his mistakes

he was the guy you could drink beer with, or, if it suits you fance, snort a few lines with.

He was a "average guy"

Do i agree with McCain?

Sure, ill twist it so i can agree with him.

I agree that America takes the same zeal in the light of Obama that certain people take in the light of Paris Hilton.

The same zeal. Not in the same light. big difference (think about it
)

People look to Paris Hilton for tips on "being cool" so you can be "hot" because by media standards, she is "whats in" in the fashion and entertainment world....though that trend is starting to die.

People look to Barack Obama for a different path for this country to take, aside from the SAME path that McCain offers.

They're ready for a change. And i dont mean that to be a double pun.

The admitted goal of every politician is to get the average guy to vote for him or her. Right?

You hear this every election year "your vote counts" so you should go vote, even though you think it wont matter.

Now that Obama has FINALLY secured the "average citizen" appeal - he's blasted for it?

As an average american, we should all be offended by this generalization. Its saying that we're not smart enough to like Obama for his policies, and what he offers, but that we only like him because he's on TV.

More snobbery from the conservative whackaloon nation.

Is it an issue for liberals and democrats to consider? or is it a peek into the jealous underbelly of the conservative party? One to reflect on and ponder its true meaning.

People want something different.

Does Obama offer it? yes.

Will he deliver? Who knows. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

But ill say this:

McCain openly DOESNT offer it. McCain openly offers the same thing.

So really - you're left with two options

Repetitive certainty for the next 4 years

or a hope for change

since my vote expresses how i wish to live my life, im going for Obama. He represents what *I* want, though i dont agree with him 100%.

I guess i should've made a new thread on this, eh?

[edit on 7/31/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

since my vote expresses how i wish to live my life, im going for Obama. He represents what *I* want, though i dont agree with him 100%.

You´d make a good internet-campaigner for Obama. You could apply and get paid for your efforts.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You´d make a good internet-campaigner for Obama. You could apply and get paid for your efforts.

I don't sell out

Besides, if i got paid, then i'd risk being banned from ATS.

Unlike some of my competition - i plan on staying here for a while

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

We have people saying there´s a pro-obama bias here and we have others saying there´s a pro McCain bias here.

I don't know if I have seen people saying that there is a pro Obama bias or McCain bias. I did see a few individuals relentlessly posting anti-Obama threads. It seems to have died down since Obama's 'New World Order tour'.

In regard to McCain attacking the daughter of his supporter, one needs to note that this 'attack' was in a campaign ad with the 'Im John McCain, and I support this ad' speel at the end. He didn't attack Paris Hilton live and off the cuff. His old age did not make the campaign contributions of the Hilton family leave is mind. This was in a scripted an edited campaign sponsored ad. This ad probably had little of McCain's touch on it besides approving it. Instead, it had more than one person editing it, preparing it, hopefully fact checking it. Someone, somewhere in the process of its creation might have mentioned the Hilton family connection to his campaign, and perhaps that would have been enough of an internal dialogue to come to the realization that the ad was terrible and a stupid idea.

But then again, maybe none of that matters and the McCain campaign was just trying to subconsiciously remind the viewer of John McCain's stay at the Hanoi Hilton.

Personally, I don't think McCain himself is actually bashing the daughter of his contributor, I think he is just the face of a terribly run campaign, and this ad is a prime example. The speech in front of the green backdrop that made him look sick, while Obama was packing the arena where the GOP will meet in Minnesota was huge too.

Either way, the attacks by his campaign comparing Hilton and Spears with Obama ages him against Obama, and does nothing with the younger generation. Obama's 'Oops he did it again' response knocks the legs out of the whole attack.
DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I dont think this hurt him one bit. The fact is the hilton that has the power and money is the grandfather. And after paris went to jail her grandfather took away almost 60 million from her inheritance.And he isnt leaving any unearned wealth to his family. The 2.4 billion he gained from the sale of the hotel chain will go to the conrad n. hilton foundation, the charity set up in the name of the founder of the family business. here is the linkwww.news.com.au...

So he may lose her parents votes but may gain her grandfathers. And with paris not being as popular as she once was, many young people may also agree with him. I personally dont keep up with the mud slinging that goes on. I learned along time ago not to believe a word of it from either side. I say go with what you know and dont take the opposing candidates word for it.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hmm, i guess that depends on how you classify "hurt"

The political satirists are having a field day w/ this one.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
ya lol, I saw this on the telly and was taken back!!!
I wonder to myself .With the power that the hiltons have, and how big of a screwup this is, if this might turn in to the total undoing of a already gowing down campain.
And I'm a conservetive!!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
It's nice to see a candidate that's not afraid to speak the truth, even when it may cost him a few votes. If only all the candidates were so honest and not just pandering for votes..

well... I wouldnt use this ONE example to say McCain is truthful... neither is Obama or anyone else the Bilderberg uses as pawns...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Agreed. He shouldn't be thinking about who contributed to his campaign when running these kinds of ads. He should be thinking about whether the low road is how he wants to be remembered.

Skyfloating...you had asked in the other thread about who to vote for? If you want an intellectually fun approach, take a look at the thread I just started Craps, Poker and the candidates.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This is another example of what bothers me about McCain. He seems to say whatever comes to his mind with no regard for diplomacy. We all think things that we don't say in front of others, but McCain seems to have a lack of inhibitions. I think this is the exact opposite of what we need now, especially concerning foreign relations.

I've had enough of Americans being thought of as pompous jerks, and I'm afraid if McCain is President, he will open his mouth and cause us as much, or more, grief than Bush.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join