It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ludacris Provides Obama With More Unwelcome Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yet again, Obama supporters sabotage his campaign by expressing themselves a little too loudly and and a little to honestly.. In typical Obama fashion, Ludacris was thrown under the bus by his campaign handlers.

Once again, Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) is hurt by the ones who love him.

On YouTube yesterday, rapper Ludacris released a song called "Politics," in which he denigrates President Bush, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) -- all in the space of about two minutes.

"Well, give Luda a special pardon if I'm ever in the slammer/Better yet put him in office, make me your vice president," he raps. In the next line, the three-time Grammy Award winner calls Clinton an "irrelevant [slur for female]." He goes on to suggest that 71-year-old McCain belongs in a wheelchair rather than the White House.

The Obama campaign was quick to distance the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee from the song. Spokesman Bill Burton told Politico, "As Barack Obama has said many, many times in the past, rap lyrics today too often perpetuate misogyny, materialism and degrading images that he doesn't want his daughters or any children exposed to. This song is not only outrageously offensive to Senator Clinton, Senator McCain and President Bush, it is offensive to all of us who are trying to raise our children with the values we hold dear. While Ludacris is a talented individual, he should be ashamed of these lyrics."

Full Article

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I heard this piece on the radio yesterday. All I can say is, keep up the good work Obama supporters. You'll eventually dig him a hole deep enough that he can't get out of.

Well, one can always hope right?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Dig that hole. Dig it deep. When you have supporters that go out and tarnish others in your support, you have to wonder about the man.
I have always been told that a man's character is partly defined by the company he keeps. So, what does that say about Obama? Everyone who has ever listened to Ludacris knows how he raps. It has an entertainment value and he is talented, albeit sometimes that talent is used to blur the line of good taste for many. If Obama has an Ipod with his songs on it, then the truth must be that he listens to Ludacris. With that, it must also be true that he knows what type of lyrics the man is known for. If he still admits his association and that leaves people with a bad taste, then he has dug his own hole, knowingly.

Here is the audio link on youtube for thos that would make their own opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom
I heard this piece on the radio yesterday. All I can say is, keep up the good work Obama supporters. You'll eventually dig him a hole deep enough that he can't get out of.

Well, one can always hope right?

they need no encouragement, they're just being themselves. The thing that concerns me is why so many of these negative people are drawn to Barack Obama? Are they reading more in to what he says, or is he silently giving them a nod?

The article said Ludacris considered himself to be one of Obama's favorite rappers because Barack claimed he listened to his music on his Ipod. Most of this guys music is filled with vulgarity. Go figure..

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I can't get over the fact that he claims to admire some of these rappers. Admire them for what? Their ability to demean women as "ho's" and the glorification of pimps and having their handguns sitting on the dashboard ready to kill someone?

He can't run far enough or fast enough to distance himself from this one.

Forgot to add my thoughts on why so many negative people are drawn to him and all I can come up with is, sarcasm here, great minds think alike.

[edit on 7/31/2008 by soldiermom]

top topics

join