It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

holy grail: learning AI robot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
link

Robot to help cops in dangerous cases

By TARINA WHITE -- Sun Media

The Calgary Sun

Alberta Mounties could soon be using a Calgary-designed unmanned robot capable of mimicking human behaviours to assist officers in life-threatening situations.

Unlike remote-controlled robots, Nova 5 uses artificial intelligence to interpret its surroundings, process the information and then navigate independently -- mimicking the function of the human brain
reminiscent of johnny 5 of "short circuit;" maybe wall-e too...

I guess this computer program and/or hardware would improve our unmanned space rovers.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by reject]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
this stuff is really intruiging stuff there is a robot in japan called mosimo that can do all kinds of things the implications of artificial intellegance is staggering and the possibilities that come with it will lead for good or bad a new age of technology beyond the scope our imagination

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It’s interesting but it doesn’t really get into what “human behavior” really is. Thinking independently is surely a great step for autonomous computers. But thinking creatively still seems to be an exclusively human attribute ( I know about the monkeys and dolphins, yeah yeah…). Is this thing able to really think outside preset parameters or merely to react in ways that are simply unorthodox for pre-programmed machines?

Surely, there will probably be a true A.I. capable of replicating the human mind - if we continue to advance. I’m just not getting what makes this little bugger so much the Holy Grail. Maybe a step towards it but not the thing itself.

new topics

join