It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Inflate your tires'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Give m a break.

Inflate your tires? Really. Let's say most people are idiots as Obama is suggesting (or he is the idiot) and most people aren't airing up their tires enough. Let's say they now do air up their tires. How much would it save them a month?? Enough to make up for the inflated gas prices?? You don't have to be a Genius to know that doesn't even come *remotely close*.

Your defensive posture of "Obama cares for you" is nothing short of lame.

Go wine somewhere else about being overwhelmed. If Obama wasn't doing massive flip-flops and idiotic statements like these (57 States) and several others, your job in defending him wouldn't be so hard now would it?

Like I told someone else who posted dozens and dozens of pro-Obama threads, their job is going to become harder to defend him. We can now see this is happening and the frustration is mounting. It will continue.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Quaz, I give you credit where credit is due. You revive a thread to correct a wrong assumption. Obama is correct and what he says has been around and known for a long time. The problem is that not all Americans will do it. Part of the reason is irresponsibility and another part is lack of money (tune ups). My car is long overdue for a tune up but I can barely afford to keep food in the fridge for my kids. We basically live on Macaroni. This is where reality sinks in and I say we do need to drill. Not only drill but do everything possible to get us off this dependence on oil. Investing in alternative source of energy is fine but we need to be sure that it is going to work before we invest our future on it. Anyway good job.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I am not one to support Obama, but if every american inflated their tires properly it probably would make a noticeable difference.

Far from a solution, but at least the world knows tire pressure is important now.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

At least you can be rational. This is a widely accepted fact and has been promoted by everyone from Schwarzenegger and Krist, to the AAA and DoE.

The tire pressure thing is another immature dumb insult, like the purple band aids. We'll see if America has grown up or not since then, I guess.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join