It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop being little Birds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Instead of being little birds empower yourselves
ASk the Question, collect the data,organize it,assess the data ,formulate an opinion and then answer the Question.

ca.youtube.com...

[edit on 31-7-2008 by solo1]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I try to avoid denigrating Marines, but Scott Ritter has lost his credibiltity with me.

I'm not saying that he doesn't have a point, but there's nothing new in that diatribe and certainly nothing that we don't read here on ATS every single day in a dozen or more posts.

Ritter is strictly from commercial.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I try to avoid killing people or respecting people who are supposedly killing people in my name... but that's just me.

Marines.... the honorable way to be a brainwashed murdering criminal.

WARNING!
Side effects may include: extreme pride and confidence during the day, extreme guilt and alcoholism at night, followed by minor bouts of debilitating psychological trauma for life.

Sorry, Marines. You won't find me saluting what you do unless you apologize to both I and yourself for letting "your country" use the living heck out of us.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
whether you like Marines ,killers or not
this message from him is truly explaining Why Americans are so ill informed
self centered and undereducated.
As long as all that enters the brain is garbage, then all that can come out of your mouth will be garbage.
Americans today are he said she said they said you said
repeaters
they have no thoughts that are their own

when 80 % of Americans believed Saddam caused 911 going into the war
that proves that Americans are repeaters do not formulate their own opinions
and have a herd mentality

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this! Excellent! WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE for what we ingest.

It is our responsibility to be discerning. Always question! Always doubt. Always wonder. Question the data! Use our brains to change date into information.

I LOVE it! Thank you!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Marines.... the honorable way to be a brainwashed murdering criminal.

I'm a Marine and I won't apologize for killing to preserve your right and the right of others to be arrogant ingrates.

One thing you might notice about Marines is that while we willingly put our lives on the line and die for the freedom of all, even the cowardly, we don't really need anyone's gratitude.

We have our reward, but we do suffer the consequences of our sacrifices, often for a lifetime. But as I said, we also have our reward that requires no validation from any living being.

As for being brainwashed, you wouldn't say that if you knew what you were talking about. Actually, only a brainwashed non-combatant would even suggest such a thing.

As for the criminal part, sadly we do have criminals in our midst, just as they exist in the population-at-large, but when they are exposed they are dealt with harshly.

Clearly, you are a person who knows nothing of honor, courage, and commitment, such that Marines exhibit every single day in your defense. To you, Semper Fidelis is as meaningless as integrity.

Why don't you study the United States Marine Corps and the Marines who have served throughout our history? You might learn what selfless sacrifice really means and even learn that you might have something in you that might someday emerge to the point that you might be worthy to stand in the shadow of a United States Marine--even a misguided one.

I'm thinking that you are not American and I can only say that I'm glad of that and I wish that we could send those of our citizenry who think as you do to keep you company.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by solo1
when 80 % of Americans believed Saddam caused 911 going into the war
that proves that Americans are repeaters do not formulate their own opinions

Do you have a citation for that statistic?

Not one of member of the adminstration or the congress suggested that Saddam caused 9/11.

There may be some Americans who believe that, but it is nowhere near that figure. In fact, all those who oppose the war in Iraq, do so because they know that Saddam didn't cause 9/11, but they apparently weren't listening when George Bush clearly stated why it was important to depose Saddam Hussein or they simply don't care because any reason to hate Bush is reason enough.

Ritter makes some good points, but he's preaching to the choir, so to speak. In other words, he's speaking to the very people whom he mocks.

It is better not to speak of Americans unless you have some knowledge of the subject.

[edit on 2008/7/31 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

It has varied over the years, but here's one for 70% in 2003.

GOP Lawmaker: "Evidence is Clear"

And here are the little birdies sucking up the regurgitated worms:

In the first weeks after 9/11, fewer than 10 percent of Americans suggested to poll takers that Saddam was the source of the terrorist attacks. However, after the constant accusations and insinuations by the Bush administration, the number soared.

A February 2003 poll found that 72 percent of Americans believed that Saddam was “personally involved in the September 11 attacks.”
A January 2003 poll found that almost half of Americans believed that one or more of the 9/11 hijackers were Iraqi — even though not a single hijacker hailed from that country. Seventy-three percent believed that Saddam “is currently helping al-Qaeda.”

Source

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
2003 was five years ago. You can't make a valid point on five year old data, except that five years ago, 70% of the polled individuals, which is supposed to be generalizable to the general population, believed that there was a connection between Saddam and al Qaeda.

Rep. Robin Hayes might be a congressman, but he doesn't speak for the Congress.

[edit on 2008/7/31 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The OP spoke in the past tense. BELIEVED. And it's not that there was a connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda, but between Saddam and 9/11.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

they have no thoughts that are their own

Sweeping generalization. I also sense a bit of arrogance. The reason people don't listen to reason is because many that preach the truth sound derogatory toward 'normal' people.

Instead of being little birds empower yourselves

Instead of calling people little birds, empower them

eDIT;gRamMerz

[edit on 31-7-2008 by DINSTAAR]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Sorry, Marines. You won't find me saluting what you do unless you apologize to both I and yourself for letting "your country" use the living heck out of us.

Yep, I bet the Marines are making this a number one priority on their list of action items for the day.

You know, if you feel that way, you can always head over to the nearest USMC recruiter, sit down with them and share your feelings.

Let me know how that works out for you.

new topics

top topics

join