It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Iraq estimate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
early to mid February, that's when the buildup will reach the point that a massive bombing campaign can commence, with the ground campaign not taking to long after that

i'm sure its obvious to everyone that it's gonna happen soon, with all the troop deployments and warning orders, the squadron deployments, carrier deployments and return home's canceled

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I�d say that�s a good estimate. Hard to miss all the news of the troops being deployed, ships sailing and the like. Then there's the UN date approaching. BUT - I think 'something' will still have to happen first - a missing puzzle piece. I think I read on Debka (I know it's a shaky source - though I heard an interesting report on NPR that, in my opinion, gives it a little more credibility - let me stress: in my opinion) that special forces will seize WMD locations and demand the weapons inspectors to come there. Something along those lines would be what I think would be a missing piece.

(I still think we should have an ATS 'office-like' pool and have everyone pick a day - Echelon did so well with the organizing the political whereabouts of all the ATS users he'd be great to keep track of what day everyone picks � maybe make a calendar or something - just a thought, I don't want to sound insensitive to the fact that a terrible war is about to start)

[Edited on 8-1-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
February 14th

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
all marine's that were going to be done with there term this year have now had another mandatory year added too.

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If it does come about, sometime in the first few weeks of February. But we all know how time can fly and nothing ever happens.

Frankly, I don't think we are going in to Iraq in the traditional sence this season. It's not going to happen.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   

top topics

join