It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving mass Infection (RAGE VIRUS)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Hmm, might want to add guns and ammo to your list of things.

Also, might want to have some healthy plants to bring with you, start a garden. Brings some live chickens, live stock makes far better long term food sources. Your best chances to survive a virus that spreads through the air or the water would be in the North were the cold of the winter will kill the virus in the environment. Anything that spreads only by human contact will be easy to restrict, like Aids. The diseases that spread the most quickly are spread through insects. Then the answer is to go to the desert where the numbers of insects are much smaller. Then finding an area with a good water source will be most important.

So are you looking for good ideas for a screenplay mate?

Yea,

I've been thinkin about righting this really awesome script for me and my friends. It will all be based on Youtube (of course). Right now its just in beta, but it would be a cool concept I think if it works.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
We have to consider how fast the virus would spread in the host. It cant be instant because you dont instantly get sick it needs time to grow in your body. So a host wouldnt lose control for lets say an hour.

At first hint of widespread infection you would have one hour to gather people supplies and get to where you needed to be, your safe house. With each hour that passes your survivability rate outside the safe house goes way down.

Then you gotta throw hollywood out of your head and think real, how frail are the hosts bodies going to be? It is unlikely that they would be any stronger or more dense muscle tissue. So your looking at an enemy that is just like you or me but trying to eat you. So head shots will take them down but it wont be the only way to take them down. Massive trauma to key points in the body will take them out same as me and you. Also I doubt that the host will be able to survive very long with their guts hanging out, so the only hosts that will be roaming around are the ones capable to do so.

Then we have to look at their life span they will have the same life span as me and you they will starve and die if they dont eat. Considering cities will be hotbeds with plenty of potential hosts get out of the cities into less populated areas and hold out for about a year and their numbers will have most likely dropped big time (this is if we are looking at an uncontrolled spread of infection like in hollywood movies. If the military steps in we wont have to worry about any of this). So this entire event will only last two years or so. We arent looking at an army of the infected that is tireless and doesnt stop.

And finally the virus itself, its more likely it will be a virus that cause a bloodlust in the host however that will be done but this whole situation from the get go is a bit far fetched.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Personally, i dont think the idea is as far fetched as it seems.

For anyone who hasnt seen the film the virus is caused by scientists manipulating chimpanzee DNA so that they are overcome with uncontrollable rage. The virus spreads when some animal rights campaigners try freeing the chimps from the lab but are instead attacked by them. The virus is passed on through blood and saliva. The infected dont have any other aim than killing the uninfected, they are still living humans but they dont care about eating, drinking or sleeping and they dont feel pain so they would only be a problem for a few weeks until they all die of natural causes.

Good film if you havnt seen it. more realistic than the romero type zombies which definately are far fetched.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
one thing that makes our world different from the world in 28 days later/28 weeks later is that the people in the films dont know or have any knowledge about zombies or how to survive a zombie apocalypse. whereas we do as we have george a romero to thank for that and also the rage films.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
Hmm, sounds like a George Romero script .... aka Zombies.

Sorry, I am a realist and use scientific methods and as far as I am aware the 'dead dont walk', I should know I have seen enought of them.

Its in the eyes...

-
People who resort to violence amongst these "gross-beings" firsthand, will face a treacherous road in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join