It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

think a co-worker might be an alien (seriously)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
First of all before I begin, let me say I have been banned from this site like 1.5 months ago for flaming other members and using offensive language and haven't visited it since, but I had an extremely out-of-this-world experience today and this is the only site I know that I could turn to. Hope the moderators let me post, at least just for this.

Ok here's the story. One of my co-workers is very weird. I mean, just strange. Something has always been off about him. I mean, you ever encounter a person that is not down to earth, just really odd? Hope you understand what I mean.

Any way, on the way to work tonight, I was driving along and caught up to his car, he was also going to work and taking the same route I was. I recognized it as his car, no mistake at all.

So we are driving along, and instead of taking the usual route to work, he turns left onto one of the side roads that goes an opposite direction from work. Now, the road he took, goes completely away from work, I mean, no way at all to work from that road, and I know the roads well.

Anyway, so I don't turn left like he did, I keep going straight to work. I drive about another 3 miles, then get to an intersection. To my amazement and shock, he's sitting at that intersection, waiting for the light to change. I then follow him as he pulls into our work.

WTF!?!

There is no way, at all, possible that he could have gotten to that intersection before me. There are no roads from there he could have turned off of to get in front of me, NOT AT ALL. No cars passed me, especially not his car which I would have recognized. How. The. Hell.

It just defies physics, and logic.

I can only come to two conclusions:

1) The first car that I followed was not him, it was a car that looked exactly identical. This, just can't be, it was the same make/model, same color, and had the same bumper stickers that he does. So it HAD to be his car.

2) He is an alien or some other-worldly being, that can make his car teleport.

It's. Just. Not. Possible.

Please, someone help me here. Maybe I'm missing something, or blind, but how could he do what he did? Assuming it's not one of the two things I listed.

I'll work on drawing up a map with mapquest, to show you all that there's no other route to get where he went, if that helps.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Didn't you know about the tunnel for Stone Masons?

Shhh... It's a secret!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
Didn't you know about the tunnel for Stone Masons?

Shhh... It's a secret!

i know you are kidding around, please don't though. I am dead serious here and not making this up. I've never really believed in the paranormal or anything, I mostly visited this site before for the political forums... but after seeing what I saw tonight, I just don't know what to think anymore.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
There's actually insufficient data on my end to conclude anything about whether it's possible or not. A detailed map of the route and surrounding roads with traffic lights marked would be helpful.

Maybe you were abducted and placed back on your route. Did have any time missing?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Did you see him inside the car the first time when he took the wrong turn?

Maybe someone else coincidentally has the same bumper stickers. Besides the stickers, and disregarding the same model, were there any other features about the car that identified it as being his car? Or maybe he does know of another route, that you haven't found yet.

We once had a person travel 3 towns to our home, beginning at the same time, but he was on a bicycle! He arrived first, well ahead of the other. It was amazing ... but he was very angry about something and must have been on adrenaline. However I did not witness the drive, I was at home when he arrived in a very frenzied state, and took the word of the person (his brother) who was in the 'race' with him, who was in a vehicle.

On another occasion, and this is the same family (sister of the bicycle rider and the other). She arrived at a location I was at, with impossible speed, and further more couldn't possibly have known I was there in the first place. A half an hour drive took her 5 minutes - I'm skipping details here btw. It disturbed me to no end, because she did other odd things, as do the rest of this family. I'm not saying they're aliens, but they are strange and make a very good candidates for being one. People like this really do make you wonder 'what if?'. But it does seem silly to think that, I Know ...

[edit on 31-7-2008 by violet]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
There's actually insufficient data on my end to conclude anything about whether it's possible or not. A detailed map of the route and surrounding roads with traffic lights marked would be helpful.

Maybe you were abducted and placed back on your route. Did have any time missing?

I'll work up a route with mapquest or something. I'm not too sure I want to post it and reveal where I work, in case he is reading this thread or something, lol. I know it sounds paranoid, but right now I just don't know anymore..

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Did you see him inside the car the first time when he took the wrong turn?

Maybe someone else coincidentally has the same bumper stickers. Besides the stickers, and disregarding the same model, were there any other features about the car that identified it as being his car? Or maybe he does know of another route, that you haven't found yet.

I saw the back of his head. It looked like his head, same hairstyle and all. Car was the same color, and same model. It had the same exact bumper stickers, and in the same exact places.

I could see there being a possibility that there could be two cars in the world that look alike with the same bumper stickers, but within a 5 mile radius of each other in a low-population area, driving on the same road within a few minutes of each other? Come on, it HAD to be the same car.

You want to know what's really weird? It's what bumper stickers he has on his car. He has one bumper sticker that says "HESS" (which is a gas station around here.) Who the hell would have a gas station bumper sticker on their car? Aside from the CEO of HESS or something, which he obviously is not. Then he also has another bumper sticker that says "KRAFT FOODS".

That's kind of what also makes me think he's an alien or something. If he was an alien, trying to blend in, he might put bumper stickers on his car, since he saw other humans do it. But because he's not a human, he wouldn't know what bumper stickers that humans would normally put on their cars.

Do you see what I'm saying?

When most normal people put bumper stickers on their cars, they usually put ones that have a political/religious message of some sort.

We've all been to state fairs and amusement parks, and gotten free bumper stickers that advertise a product, like this hess gas or kraft foods. But has anyone here honestly put them on their car?

Hey, maybe he's just some weirdo that really likes gas stations and like's to eat kraft easy-mac. Who knows.

But now how did he teleport his car 3 miles down the road?

[edit on 31-7-2008 by ADisbeliever]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
alright, putting up a google maps photo soon as soon as I finish adding notes and stuff to it.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Red line is the road I took.

Green line is the left turn he made onto that road.

Blue dot is where I found his car waiting for the light at the intersection.

Judging from this map, there is no way physically possible he could have gotten there so quickly, I'll explain why in next post

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
What if your workmate realised he took a wrong turn, turned around and continued on the same route you were on

Only to overtake you, without your knowledge at some stage between there and the next intersection.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
This is ridiculous............

*Snip*

Please read Civility and Decorum Rules Here

[edit on 31-7-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Ok, the green line is the only physically possible way he could have taken without telportation. Red line is again the route I took.

As you can see, the road with the green line is a 30mph limit road. The road I took was 55mph (I was actually going 65mph).

For him to go all the way up, right, and back down onto the "red road", I estimate based on distances, he would have to have been driving 180mph steady to beat me. He drives a 4 cylinder honda.

What's more, those 2 roads, the one that goes right, and down that he could have taken - those are dirt roads. Not paved. And they are very narrow.

No . freakin. way.

he's an alien or something.. only explanation.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
What if your workmate realised he took a wrong turn, turned around and continued on the same route you were on

Only to overtake you, without your knowledge at some stage between there and the next intersection.

That's another physically possible way... but I'm 99.999999999999% sure he did not overtake me. It was 12am, we were the only two cars on the road. I would know for sure if someone was passing me.

And as I said in above post, I'm a fast driver, I was going 65-70. No way anyone was going to pass me.

Edit: To also expand on this post and answer your question. No, I highly doubt he would make a wrong turn. he's been working there for at least 8 months, drives there every night... and these roads are extremely simple. No way anyone can get lost or make a wrong turn.

I think he was sending some sort of message to me or something.

Before he turned left, I was kind of following him close (by accident), not quite tailgating, but definitely enough to piss someone off... maybe if he's an alien or something, he teleported there to send a message to me - not to mess with him or something. Or to make me think twice about tailgaiting someone.

Alien road rage any one?

or maybe the alien knew it was unsafe for me to be tailgating him, so he did this to make me think "wtf" and really think hard about tailgating someone again.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
again to expand on the last post -

maybe he is a guardian angel or something, not an alien. Maybe in the future I was going to get into a car accident because I followed someone too close or something.

So maybe by him doing this, and making me really consider what happened tonight, he is saving my life ... and sending a message to me never to follow another car closely again.

I know it's far out there and I'm really reaching, but I just don't know anymore...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADisbeliever

That's kind of what also makes me think he's an alien or something. If he was an alien, trying to blend in, he might put bumper stickers on his car, since he saw other humans do it. But because he's not a human, he wouldn't know what bumper stickers that humans would normally put on their cars.

Do you see what I'm saying?

It must be a classic case of the human-like, clumsy, comedy type alien awkwardly trying to blend into the human society, falling in love with a human single mother. Yep!

Most of those aliens usually live in Hollywood though.

Seriously, before deciding your work mate is an alien you might want to consider other options. Probably your eyes have fooled you somewhere along the line in this story.

What boggles me is the immediate conclusion you drew. Out of a million different possibilities you decided clearly that he must be alien. Your nick, and by own admission being banned for rude behaviour from this site leads me to take this with a hug grain of salt.

You had something unexpected happen on the way to work, and your reaction to that was to go to ATS of all places and cry Alien? Personally I would have talked to my collegue.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
why didn't you say anything to him about it when you saw his car 'at the blue mark' or when you both arrived at work? why don't you ask him about it next time you see him?

you said that you were tailgating him and recall the bumper stickers and car being identical.... but you did not mention anything about the license plate being the same... did you not notice if the license plate was his?

if you had access to a police database, you could check to see how many of his type of car is in your area..... if a small number then you might want to check the cars for bumper stickers. but i don't think you would be able to have access to the database unless there was a crime or something.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
My guess is that he turned to stop at a store or something then got on the interstate and flew down it.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADisbeliever
First of all before I begin, let me say I have been banned from this site like 1.5 months ago for flaming other members and using offensive language and haven't visited it since, but I had an extremely out-of-this-world experience today and this is the only site I know that I could turn to. Hope the moderators let me post, at least just for this.

Ok here's the story. One of my co-workers is very weird. I mean, just strange. Something has always been off about him. I mean, you ever encounter a person that is not down to earth, just really odd? Hope you understand what I mean.

Any way, on the way to work tonight, I was driving along and caught up to his car, he was also going to work and taking the same route I was. I recognized it as his car, no mistake at all.

So we are driving along, and instead of taking the usual route to work, he turns left onto one of the side roads that goes an opposite direction from work. Now, the road he took, goes completely away from work, I mean, no way at all to work from that road, and I know the roads well.

Anyway, so I don't turn left like he did, I keep going straight to work. I drive about another 3 miles, then get to an intersection. To my amazement and shock, he's sitting at that intersection, waiting for the light to change. I then follow him as he pulls into our work.

WTF!?!

There is no way, at all, possible that he could have gotten to that intersection before me. There are no roads from there he could have turned off of to get in front of me, NOT AT ALL. No cars passed me, especially not his car which I would have recognized. How. The. Hell.

It just defies physics, and logic.

I can only come to two conclusions:

1) The first car that I followed was not him, it was a car that looked exactly identical. This, just can't be, it was the same make/model, same color, and had the same bumper stickers that he does. So it HAD to be his car.

2) He is an alien or some other-worldly being, that can make his car teleport.

It's. Just. Not. Possible.

Please, someone help me here. Maybe I'm missing something, or blind, but how could he do what he did? Assuming it's not one of the two things I listed.

I'll work on drawing up a map with mapquest, to show you all that there's no other route to get where he went, if that helps.

Did you see the person in the car? This is the most important question.

If you didnt see him inside the car, you cant be sure. What about the serial in the car?? Why dont you look at the details?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
My guess is that he turned to stop at a store or something then got on the interstate and flew down it.

No stores here at all, not a single one. This is a "country road" so to speak. Just a few homes on the road, that's all.

There's no entrance/exit to the interstate he could have taken. I know from the photo it looks like it's right there, but it's actually about 300ft down in a small valley.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cedric

Did you see the person in the car? This is the most important question.

If you didnt see him inside the car, you cant be sure. What about the serial in the car?? Why dont you look at the details?

Was following him so of course couldn't see his face. But could see the back of his head - he had the same hairstyle, and exactly the same height.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join