It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm thinking of starting a thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I was just wondering if I should or not.

I have put a lot of thought into my potential thread, and I would like to compose and post it, but I don't think it would come off properly.

My thread is about Muslims, freedom of speech, the human rights commision, the rights of the media and freedom of religion.

Is this topic too much for ATS? Should I just photoshop a cooking pot into some scenery? Or should I make up a story about how I killed an aggressive alien with my bare hands?

I can't decide ... Please helP?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Make up your own mind dude... I make up mine frequently. Do you want me to wipe your nose too? Why make calculated risks?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez

My thread is about Muslims, freedom of speech, the human rights commision, the rights of the media and freedom of religion.

There is nothing too sensitive for ATS. Really good threads generate discussion and understanding.
With my first post, I worked on it for a couple hours in Word, them pasted it when I thought it was done.
Do it off line, take your time and get your facts straight. Some ATS'rs will hang you if they are not accurate.

Good luck.:w::w:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

I'm just a sheep, go easy.

If I start the thread, I open myself up for people who disagree with me, if I don't start the thread, I don't have to deal with that.

The question is whether or not ATS is ready for what I have to say.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
As long as you keep within the Terms & Conditions Of Use you can post anything on ATS... It may be controversial... You may be flamed for it... You may get only one or two replies... Point is if you have an idea, theory or issue you want to share here on ATS... Well, that is kind off the point of it all...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Be Careful...

We dont realy have Freedom of speach here on ATS...

So, dont be too honest...

But, if you REALY want to speak your mind, do it, you might get a warn if you say too much...

But whateva...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Enrikez

I have to admit, I might be missing the point, but... what's the problem? You've been a member since 2005 and have started plenty of threads.

What prompted this question?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Buddy, I have 100% faith in you.
Put it in writing before you post it.
So what if it creates controversy?

I know where you are coming from though..I have authored two threads that made me feel this way, and I was leery of posting them, just because it was a wee bit out of my comfort zone. But I wrote them out, made sure my facts were straight to the best of my ability, and posted it and just let it ride.
Yes, I got flamed a bit..so what.
I also opened up great debate and discussion. I never expected everyone to agree, that's just unrealistic.
Go ahead, and create your thread. You know the T&C, just stay in it.
Here is a taste of what can happen when you step out of your comfort zone...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join