It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Special Photos of Toy Soldiers World Trip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hi guys!

Last year 2 of my friends and I embarked on an epic journey of ... epic proportions!!

We headed around the world, starting at LA and ending in Bangkok, in 5 weeks. Infact, it was this day last year (the 31st) that we were arriving home! I actually didn't even notice that until this very moment. Very interesting
Anyway! Over 7,000 photos were taken in this time. Here are a few that I think are very nice, special to me or just make me smile.

I hope you enjoy them and feel free to comment on any.

Also, some of them you need to click on to see the entire picture, so get clickin'

(I'll be posting them in the order that we visited the cities)

My friend posing, with a very convincing pout, on Hollywood Blvd. Very Hollywood in my opinion.

I took this photo during the Waterworld show at Fox Studios. A mix of very good timing and a lot of luck got this beauty.

This one was taken at Venice Beach and I'm putting it in because it makes my friends and I laugh every time we see it. The man holding the little boys hand walking on the path designated for "PEDS". Bad taste can be hilarious sometimes

On to New York now. I took this photo from the Empire State Building. A rather different view than you would usually get. Rest assured I was holding on to my camera VERY tightly while taking this.

My friend and I walking through New York City, looking very much like tourists.

I quite like this photo. I looks very "classic" and old. Plus the statue looks as if it were pasted in, it almost looks like it's popping off the picture.

Another view of the city.

This was taken in the park heading toward the ferry to the Statue of Liberty. (can't remember the name of the park, sorry) This man was just asleep on the park bench, amongst all the families and tourists going about their business.

We were then off to Montreal, one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

A view of the city from Mount Royal. I've never seen a city incorporate so much greenery into their CBD before. It really is an awesome place.

And he was never seen again ...

At one point on our walk on the wonderful Mount Royal we came across a path where someone had dropped a bag of peanuts, and all these critters were coming out of the bush to get some. There were chipmunks (so cute!), squirrels and this little guy. It was very, very exciting for 3 Aussies to come across
Once all the peanuts were gone this guy ran up to us trying to sniff us for more nuts. Unfortunately, we had none to spare

This is a photo at the church, Saint-Joseph Du Mont Royal. I think this picture is really nice, it was my desktop background for a while. And even though I'm not religious myself, the church was simply amazing.

After Montreal (which, incase you couldn't tell, we absolutely loved) we headed to Toronto. Unfortunately there weren't any super special photos taken in Toronto, nor did we enjoy it very much. Sorry to all the Canadians that may be looking!

So we'll head straight to our next stop, London!

First of all I would like to say London is also brilliant, but it holds a special place in my heart because it gave us Kate Nash, who I am one day going to marry, as I am in love with her. She doesn't know this yet, but one day...

On to the photos!

These 2 photos were just random shots of buildings while we were walking down a street, but I quite like them.

This was in a park out front of the Big Ben. I took a photo of it specifically for ATS

A nice photo of my mate and I near the Big Ben. I look bored as hell but I assure you I'm having a fantastic time

I think this photo is really quite pretty.

As is this one.

This was taken near Hyde Park (where we got wasted and wrestled for a while, God it was fun) unfortunately though I can't remember what this is, so If any Londoners would be able to help that would be awesome.

Now, on to Paris! Not enough things can be said about Paris. It was our favourite place out of the whole trip and I'm most definitely going to go back one day.

Dinner at Le Pachyderm in Paris, our favourite haunt for drinks and food. Also where my friend uploaded photos and I played with my food

Our bill after our steak dinner. I actually think this picture is really good, if you ignore the price.

This was a not-so-well timed shot at the Louvre. I really, really like it. We were just having so much fun.

A great photo of a BIG statue ... somewhere in Paris

To be continued ...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

This is just a random photo that my friend took of myself and my other friend looking at Lego through a shop window. I don't know why but I really like this pic. It COULD have something to do with that pretty french girl walking toward us, who knows

The most cliche photo of Paris. Ever. This lady was dancing with her baby infront of the accordian player, who kept the smile on his face the whole time, while the guy with the bike just chilled out on the bridge and listened (all he needed was some cigerettes, wine and bread and the image would be complete). God, the French are awesome.

A wonderful photo of the Eiffel Tower taken by my friend on Bastille Day. One of the best days of my life.

The Eiffel Tower sillouetted against fireworks on France's national day, while sitting with 2 of my best mates and thousands of proud French people. WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE!!

I took this photo while walking back to our hotel after the fireworks. Beau, non?

A photo I took of the Louvre.

And it's even beautiful at night

The Arc De Triumph at twilight.

And of course, 3 Aussie dudes lost somewhere in France.

This is a nice photo of my mate taken on the way to Brussels, AFTER london and BEFORE Paris. Sort of left it out :/ We only stayed in Brussels overnight (in a train station actually, but that's another story) after a brief stop in Amsterdam, so not many photos were taken.

From France we were off to Rome!

This picture is just wonderful. Though the ice cream we got from there cost us approx. $40AUS each. They were lucky it was the best damn ice cream we had ever tasted!

A nice photo of another accordian player. This one was less appreciated than the one in France.

This is what happens when you try and take a photo of you and your friend and you forget you left the zoom on, but the sun rays make the photo look really cool, in my not so humble opinion

I took this photo infront of the Vatican. I really, really like this picture. It's like modern day tech mixed with history. Plus with that statue looking over the tv, it's all awesome.

Then we headed North to the beautiful Venice.

Only one photo from Venice but it is easily one of my most favourite photos ever taken.

We were in a square somewhere and all of a sudden the birds decided to take flight for whatever reason and I managed to snap this shot of them going overhead.

Berlin was next on the list, and here are a couple of animals from the Berlin Zoo

Even though the bear looks so sad, I really like this pic.

The only reason I'm putting this in is because it looks like he has a lil smile on his face. He won't be smiling after he wakes up and his neck is frikken stiff as a board though!

Then on to our last stop, Bangkok! We spared no expense at this place, as we used it as our relaxation down time. Sort of like our holiday to recover from our holiday. So we stayed at a 5 star hotel and went to fancy restaurants and ordered room service at 3AM and all the good stuff like that!

Here I am in a fancy fancy Bangkok restaurant

Check out the size of that wine glass!!

Anyway, that was a tiny fraction of the photos taken on our time overseas. I could sit here and upload photos and tell my stories forever really, there's just too much to tell. But it was one of the greatest times of my life and I'm glad I could share it with you all!

And I realise that simply making a picture black and white or sepia doesnt automatically make it a nice picture, but it certainly helps

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
You've got some great photos there. I can't believe no one has commented on them yet.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Thanks a lot

Yeah I'm a little disappointed about the lack of responses, but it *is* a fair emount of photos to look at and commentary to read.

Ah well, it's still a relatively young thread.

Thanks again for taking the time to look at them!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Wow, those are some really amazing pictures. I loved the one taken in Venice with all the birds flying.

I really envy you travelling the world, I wish I could afford to do it.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
wow dude, I'm very surprised by the lack of response as well, you took some gorgeous pictures.

But then again, not much people go in the "Member Art" section, I personally rarely do. It needs more love.

Anyways I'll definitely take time to scroll down through all of the pictures and make some comments later.....busy life......

But I'll give you a well deserve star!!

top topics

join