It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's may use sound to get around.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
During a recent "UFO Hunters" episode, I became interested in the theory of field resonance and propulsion. I know this is a shakey theory at best, and I am not able to fully wrap my brain around it, but I thought I'd share it with you all to see if you could debunk/confirm the possibility.

Basically, every object has a resonance. Using sounds in a very organized manner, you can get objects to move based on their reaction to their resonance. Here is a video that will better explain the phenomenon. Please check this out, it is VERY cool.

Note that this will even work in a vaccuum, as it is not the air waves causing lift, but the actual vibration of the objects in relation to their gravity. (Please correct me if I am wrong). The result is an object that looks very much like the typical "twitters like a leaf" UFO story we hear and sometimes see in UFO footage. Now, to make a vehicle do this is a different story, and a feat that humans (probably) have not accomplished yet.

It takes a lot of energy to create these sounds, and some frequencies haven't even been found yet, but have been theorized by great scientists such as Einstein.

Here is a link to a site that explains a more complex understanding of the theory: Field Resonance Propulsion

new propulsion concept has been developed based on a proposed resonance between coherent, pulsed electromagnetic wave forms and gravitational wave forms (or space-time metrics). Using this concept, a spacecraft "propulsion" system potentially capable of galactic and inter-galactic travel without prohibitive "travel times" has been designed. The "propulsion" system utilizes recent research associated with magnetic field line merging, hydromagnetic wave effects, free-electron lasers, laser generation of megagauss fields, and special structural and containment metals. Research required to determine potential, field resonance characteristics and to evaluate various aspects of the spacecraft "propulsion" design is described.

Anyway....

The episode was about a man who supposedly flew in a reverse-engineered UFO. It took him 10 miles in a few seconds, at which time he left the UFO and grabbed some grass, stones, and other natural objects.

He returned with no memory of the trip. They said that this vehicle had altered his "time" and so there was no way for his brain to comprehend or remember what he had just done, but his pockets were filled with debris. He explained that he had been gone for only a few seconds, but was still able to gather the material.

He went on to say that when the sound was "played" into the vehicle, that it lit up and began to float, which means that this vehicle was not only propelled but powered by the resonance.

He explained the vehicle as the Otis T. Carr "flying machine," shown here...

Here is a bit about the vehicle: Otis T. Carr Flying Machine

Carr is severely criticized as being a bit of a loon, and his theory is very "out there" along with the fact that he was a hotel clerk and an amusement park ride designer at the time, but interesting nonetheless.

Anyway, I'd love some input on what you think about this phenomenon. The thing that really struck me is how these objects move. It is the basic "UFO" movement: Spinning and somewhat off-axis. Is it a possibility?

Thanks for reading,
SC

[edit on 7/30/08 by SantaClaus]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
not likely, given the amount of power they would need and uh..they are usually silent (or slight buzzing sound)
Also completely useless in space, where there is no sound. No one can hear you scream.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by OneLifeTooLive]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneLifeTooLive
not likely, given the amount of power they would need and uh..they are usually silent (or slight buzzing sound)
Also completely useless in space, where there is no sound. No one can hear you scream.

Well, the frequency needed is likely not audible to humans anyway. Power... yeah, unless they have free energy..

Useless in space? Not at all, as it is the resonance OF THE OBJECT. Not the air around it.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Seriously, its a nice little trick to be able to make things dance around with soundwaves, but to have the ability to bounce around the universe this is not the way to go. If you have that much energy to spare it'd better be used in warping space, not playing around on waves of sound resonance, its not gonna get you from A>B any quicker. More likely UFOs are messing with gravity to perform their various feats that seems more reasonable.

Originally posted by SantaClaus

Originally posted by OneLifeTooLive

Well, the frequency needed is likely not audible to humans anyway. Power... yeah, unless they have free energy..

Useless in space? Not at all, as it is the resonance OF THE OBJECT. Not the air around it.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLifeTooLive

I completely understand where you are coming from, as I can't wrap my head around that part either, but check out the link. It explains that there is a "time matrix" involved in the equation, with the resonance and electromagnetic field.

Again, I am not an expert, but it seems much more reliable than magneticism alone.

In fact, resonance can be perpetuated once it starts, meaning you don't need continuous energy. Take a trampoline. Once you get the springs going, if you hit them at their absolute lowest/highest spots, you need much less energy to get the same distance the next jump. Same with sound resonance.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Cool idea, but how can a "soundwave" (compression and rarifaction) get from point A to point B without air? It's the pushing and pulling against air that is the vibration that we hear and feel (or, if it's too low or too high, we don't feel or hear).

Not trying to pooh-pooh your idea, I just don't grasp it, I guess.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

Well sound doesn't only travel through air. I'm saying if the resonance comes from within the object, it is still possible. The OBJECT is resonating. Like a bell, but on a whole other level.

Again, these have never been accomplished on large-scale objects (although it is theorized that buildings can be brought down by their own resonance- See mythbusters, haha).

like I said, a small amount of energy can go a LONG way if you keep perpetuating it on a perfect time-scale (almost impossible to calculate).

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Theres a time matrix involved in everything lol I dont buy it, sounds like someone trying to get off on this because they made things float. Its not viable to cover huge distances, and let alone make an object of any weight hover or someone would have done it already.

I think you'll find most physicists including Michio Kaku would tell you that to travel the vast distances of space, one would need to employ either faster than light travel (not likely nor practical) or gravitational warping (Lensing)
Bob Lazar gave the perfect hypothesis of this from craft he had actually worked on. People dont give him enough credit he was way ahead of the curve on this, of course now its 'common theory' but he was the one who proposed it..either hes a genius or got the info from hands on experience.

www.gravitywarpdrive.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

That's true--sound will pass through matter of any sort, and the denser the matter is, the faster it'll travel.

But, in space, is there any matter for it to pass through?

[edit on 30/7/08 by Fuggle]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
yea thats what I thought. Its not practical, or viable and most likely not what a UFO would use. But lets give the fellow more points for arguing on
! LOL
Peace-out Im done feeding the trolls for today.

Originally posted by Fuggle

Cool idea, but how can a "soundwave" (compression and rarifaction) get from point A to point B without air? It's the pushing and pulling against air that is the vibration that we hear and feel (or, if it's too low or too high, we don't feel or hear).

Not trying to pooh-pooh your idea, I just don't grasp it, I guess.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hey Santa, I've been really good this year....

Just kidding, I'm easily amused and couldn't resist.

I know that anti-grav and magnetism are all the rage now for theories explaining how ETs get around, but I don't think most of us have a clue what they use. Until some military whistleblower comes in here and tells us how they really do it, I think your theory is just as good as anyone's and does explain some peculiarities of UFO motion that are often reported.

Good presentation, good research, interesting theory! Flagged & starred.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

Nope, I had the same problem with my thoughts on space travel.

The thing about it is, how does anything that doesn't emit matter travel in space? It doesn't push off of anything like a rocket does, its own expulsion. Therefore, yes, I am going out on a limb and saying it is probably a theory we can't fully comprehend with our science.

Sound waves are not necessarily what we are talking about, its an objects resonance. It is similar, but not the same.

Haha, I find it odd how much I am actually defending this, as I am not sold in the least, but I find it a better explaination than most.

Heike...

MUCH appreciated. As I said, there are holes all through this, but it is fun to tear things down and speculate. We are all still lost, but we need to keep busy!

[edit on 7/30/08 by SantaClaus]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

And I find it odd that I'm discussing the matter without having first watched the video. I'll shut up and watch the video now!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

I'd love to see what they can accomplish (in terms of lifting power) by going for subsonics; I wonder what they can do with other frequencies.

While I was watching, I couldn't help but wonder....why NOT try and have the source of audio (resonance) in the floating object itself?

Again, thanks for posting--very interesting stuff.

Come to think of it, this reminds me of some stuff Tesla allegedly spoke about. Didn't he propose "splitting the Earth open like an apple" with something that was akin to finding the Earth's resonance?

F

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
My theory is that its thiesable feasible to use sound as a perpulsion system on earth, but not outside out atmosphere. In space there is no surface, the sound needs to bounce of something, there is no gravity no air.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

Otis said that his plans were originated from a Tesla theory, and credits much of his work on Tesla designs.

But again, Otis is probably a quack.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Fugle - "Cool idea, but how can a "soundwave" (compression and rarifaction) get from point A to point B without air? It's the pushing and pulling against air that is the vibration that we hear and feel (or, if it's too low or too high, we don't feel or hear). "

Okay, so i didn't watch the vid cause it wouldn't 'oad but i think i got the jist of it. I do have a question though, wouldn't the lack of air just be a benefit As i see it, air only provides a resistance to the sound propulsion theory. The more air present, the more resistance, correct? So, in space, if there is no air in the soundwaves way, wouldn't the object have no speed limit boundries? It can go as fast as allowed?

I think i understand the theory, even without the video. It almost makes sense. But if anything i think it is just a step towards what ET's would use rather than we already caught on to their ways of travelling. I believe ET's would use a higher tech level than magnets and sound frequencies. Maybe manipulating gravity or something.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
To ANON ATS:

It is becoming apparent to me I should have never used the word "sound." This is not "sound" per se, it is resonance of an OBJECT. It reacts the same way that sound waves do, but within the cells of a certain type of metal (probably). You do not need air, for resonance.

Now, is there anyone that knows enough about physics to say how an objects might propel itself in space without dispelling some sort of material, like a rocket?

It seems to me, that if these ships are flying around without producing some sort of plume or trail in space, that we are simply dumb to the type of propulsion they use. Without pushing off of something (combustion), then they shouldn't be able to go anywhere in space under any circumstance right?

Maybe they only need resonance.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by screamo

Well, my understanding is that for sound to propagate, it must cause the molecules of what it's passing through to vibrate. If there's nothing for it to travel through, it's not going to reach the resonant object.

So, yeah--while it'll work in an atmosphere of _something_, in a vacuum? I'm skeptical.

As for other forms of propellant (oxygen, or liquid oxygen--whatever (it's been a while since I've read "The Right Stuff")), doesn't that work on the "equal but opposite reaction" principle?

But I might have no clue what I'm talking about!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join